120 Volt Thread

CrownVic97

Veteran Member
Tri Lite Mark 12s and unknown brand 6-par-head helicoptor disco light

ai246.photobucket.com_albums_gg82_Mercer36_Light_20and_20Siren_20videos_th_TriLitesHeloLts.jpg

Federal Signal FB2PST FireBall II strobe beacon

FedSig FireBall II Strobe 3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Zack

CrownVic97 said:
Tri Lite Mark 12s and unknown brand 6-par-head helicoptor disco light
ai246.photobucket.com_albums_gg82_Mercer36_Light_20and_20Siren_20videos_th_TriLitesHeloLts.jpg

Federal Signal FB2PST FireBall II strobe beacon

View attachment 16271
I've always had a soft spot for 120v stuff... but I used to always think of it as industrial stuff.

It wasn't until your video that I remembered this roller rink I went to when I was younger that had some of these rotators hanging from the ceiling.

There were two rotators on a 90* angle bolted to a cross member that itself rotated around. It was like a big "H" hanging from the ceiling. Awesome stuff.

Now I need to track down a video...

CrownVic97

Veteran Member
Thanks Zack and Mixerbd699! They were really useful during high school dances and when I was in a band with a couple of my good friends:thumbsup:. Very awesome with fog too! The sealed beams just cut through like butter and added a bigger effect :D .

Zack said:
I've always had a soft spot for 120v stuff... but I used to always think of it as industrial stuff.

It wasn't until your video that I remembered this roller rink I went to when I was younger that had some of these rotators hanging from the ceiling.

There were two rotators on a 90* angle bolted to a cross member that itself rotated around. It was like a big "H" hanging from the ceiling. Awesome stuff.

Now I need to track down a video...
There's a guy that has a blog about all sorts of vintage nightclub and disco lighting he collects. Here's a page from a 1979 Lite Lab catalog with that exact fixture you are talking about, Zack. It's called the LL 20 Spinning Double Beacon.

a4.bp.blogspot.com__aZ80zvfmj6k_TMyow7ECEVI_AAAAAAAAKUE_fY7hCwIwWH4_s1600_img640.jpg

Lite Lab, as far as I can figure, was a disco light company that had a contract with then primary manufacturer of the Mark 12 beacon, Tripp Lite, to use the oversized beacon under their name and rename it the LL 12. They also used the Mark 6 single reflector from Tripp Lite and called that one the LL 6, as shown above. The LL 20 is something I've never seen done with two Mark 12s until I saw this catalog on that blog. Very cool idea and is probably very, VERY rare to find a fully functioning piece today!

Zack

CrownVic97 said:
Thanks Zack and Mixerbd699! They were really useful during high school dances and when I was in a band with a couple of my good friends:thumbsup:. Very awesome with fog too! The sealed beams just cut through like butter and added a bigger effect :D .

There's a guy that has a blog about all sorts of vintage nightclub and disco lighting he collects. Here's a page from a 1979 Lite Lab catalog with that exact fixture you are talking about, Zack. It's called the LL 20 Spinning Double Beacon.

a4.bp.blogspot.com__aZ80zvfmj6k_TMyow7ECEVI_AAAAAAAAKUE_fY7hCwIwWH4_s1600_img640.jpg

Lite Lab, as far as I can figure, was a disco light company that had a contract with then primary manufacturer of the Mark 12 beacon, Tripp Lite, to use the oversized beacon under their name and rename it the LL 12. They also used the Mark 6 single reflector from Tripp Lite and called that one the LL 6, as shown above. The LL 20 is something I've never seen done with two Mark 12s until I saw this catalog on that blog. Very cool idea and is probably very, VERY rare to find a fully functioning piece today!
The LL20!!!

That's it!

I'm so glad you found that image. I was searching all last night trying to find it... even had to translate a fair share of german sites...

"Interskate 91" in Hadley MA had at least 2 of these hanging from the ceiling. If my memory serves me one had Red and Blue lenses and the other was Amber and Green...

I wonder if they are still up there... I'll have to do some recon soon.

Edit:: Here is the link to Interskate... judging by their website, and the autoplay music, I bet those lights are still up there... ;) .:: Interskate 91 North ::.

CrownVic97

Veteran Member
Zack said:
The LL20!!!

That's it!

I'm so glad you found that image. I was searching all last night trying to find it... even had to translate a fair share of german sites...

"Interskate 91" in Hadley MA had at least 2 of these hanging from the ceiling. If my memory serves me one had Red and Blue lenses and the other was Amber and Green...

I wonder if they are still up there... I'll have to do some recon soon.

Edit:: Here is the link to Interskate... judging by their website, and the autoplay music, I bet those lights are still up there... ;) .:: Interskate 91 North ::.
Haha, you bet, dude :cool: . If your recon proves to be fruitful and they aren't used anymore, grab them up (if the managment won't ask for a lung and kidney first in order to obtain the fixtures :haha: ).

dmathieu

Premium Member
120 Volt Whelen Model IL1120 steady burn beacon (thanks to kitn1mcc) with split red / green lens, and extra amber and blue lenses

S6301806.jpg

S6301807.jpg

patrol530

Veteran Member
Nice Tripp Lite. I remember that being marketed as a "bird chaser", the beams repelling any birds that were attempting to nest or roost where they weren't wanted.

Wigwam700

Established Member
North American Action Light Model AC250 115 volt (closest I had)

DSCF0563.jpg :D :D:cool: :cool:

Site Veteran
I stumbled across Tripp-Lite 120-volt guts for a RV-6 beacon if anyone's looking...CHEAP! NO housing, dome or base just the guts...

CrownVic97

Veteran Member
I stumbled across Tripp-Lite 120-volt guts for a RV-6 beacon if anyone's looking...CHEAP! NO housing, dome or base just the guts...
PM on the way.

Site Veteran
lately, I've been doing alot of digging for different folks on here and I'm running across all kinds of old stuff. I found 3 boxes of 24Volt beacons I forgot ALL about! My "shop boy" took a few along home the other day to his old boss who runs a construction company to see if he could peddle them there... I have a couple of those left but this is a 120V thread. Where's the 24V thread? Somebody start one!

Attachments

EL1998P71

I have a bunch of the 110-120 VAC lights in my collection
Edwards adapt a beacon. (this dome also fits Unity RV-25's)
IMG_1235.JPG
Trippe Unknown age, but works
IMG_1237.JPG IMG_1239.JPG
Off Branded Commander
IMG_1233.JPG
Vitilite Twist on dome
IMG_1231.JPG
Vitilite Metal banded
IMG_1230.JPG
Beacon Ray 27-S
IMG_1228.JPG
271 Commander 1950's approx
IMG_1234.JPG
FireBall II and Rotobeam
IMG_1227.JPG

kohan25

thanks dan. i did order and receive one but length is too short and i can only lower the bulb base so much. i am still looking.

dmathieu

Premium Member
Try a higher Wattage incandescent (40)? Or call one of the suppliers and talk to a cust svc rep. I'll bet they're out there.

Latest Listings

Top Bottom