lotsofbars

Jul 20, 2010
NYC, New York
Federal Signal: Most Beacon Rays, 184/CJ184, Visi-Bars

Mars: Aurora Borealis or Skybolt, can lights

Whelen: Older Rota-Beams

Dietz: 2-11, lollipop lights

Unity: Can Lights/flashers

I'm sure I'm missing a whole lot, but it's 5:37 in the morning and I'm dead tired.

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
If this was a former fire vehicle, look for holes on the roof, they can give you a clue as to what was mounted.

SIPLOWGUY

Sep 15, 2011
Staten Island, New York
stansdds said:
If this was a former fire vehicle, look for holes on the roof, they can give you a clue as to what was mounted.

It has 3 holes for a round style light. I put on a signal stat round light but it is not period correct. I'm looking for a period correct light.

SIPLOWGUY

Sep 15, 2011
Staten Island, New York
lotsofbars said:
Federal Signal: Most Beacon Rays, 184/CJ184, Visi-Bars

Mars: Aurora Borealis or Skybolt, can lights

Whelen: Older Rota-Beams

Dietz: 2-11, lollipop lights

Unity: Can Lights/flashers

I'm sure I'm missing a whole lot, but it's 5:37 in the morning and I'm dead tired.

Thanks! Any photos?

dmathieu

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
S.W. New Hampshire, USA
If you use the search, there are photos of all these lights on here.

Go to vintage and collectible section, top of section, stickys. Rota-Beam Family History for all the Rota-Beam pictures you want.

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
Pretty much any mechanical siren would be period correct for 1968.

Electronic sirens are different matter. One with deep low-pitched wail and yelp tones would be period correct for a 1960s restoration.

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
SIPLOWGUY said:
It has 3 holes for a round style light. I put on a signal stat round light but it is not period correct. I'm looking for a period correct light.

1968 was a great year for full size beacon selection. It could have had...

Federal Signal: any of the 17/17x series Beacon Ray's, model 14 or model 184.

Dietz: 240 or 211.

Signal Stat: 370 or 374.

Unity: RV-25 or RV-46.

Whelen: Rota-Beam 88/88x or a model 5000 strobe.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htamboli

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.