1987 AM General HMMWV - Tracy Police Department

11b101abn

Jun 10, 2010
Georgia, United States
sgzwach said:
The vehicle is 24v, the accessories run off of the battery equalizer. Most of the time, when running, we get about 13.6 volts to the accessories.

Did you guys remove the ring mount? How did you cover and seal the hole? Aaaaand pics plz????

If not, did you all modify it in any way to waterproof it?

HFD eng1ine

Jul 27, 2010
Essex County. MA
sgzwach said:
Negative. 6.2 w/o turbo. It'll get you through about anything, just not very quickly haha

Oh damn thats right its an 87!!!!!!! Before the 6.5 turbos in those things. Ive got a 6.5 and love it

sgzwach

Dec 9, 2012
Minnesota
11b101abn said:
Did you guys remove the ring mount? How did you cover and seal the hole? Aaaaand pics plz????

If not, did you all modify it in any way to waterproof it?

We removed everything to do with the turret, and our local welding shop covered the hole with 1/8" steel, then welded it on. The paint guy used a bondo like compound to fill in the low spots and sanded down the high spots. I'm at college right now, but I'll be home in a week, I'll try to get a picture then!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tdi419

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.