2002 Silverado w/Liberty - Updated, Work in Progress

factorone33

Jun 13, 2010
Merriam, KS
Ultimate D said:
Beautiful truck! The only thing I would change about it, is have the windows tinted. (if that is legal in your state of course) I think window tint makes every vehicle look better, plus a bit more privacy. Just my .02! Anyway, beautiful truck... :yes:

Yeah, I really want that too. I'm too busy spending money on lights to get it done. ;P

factorone33

Jun 13, 2010
Merriam, KS
VFVFCo.68 said:
those exposure shots could be used as an ad on Whelen's website! Excellent setup btw. kinda makes me wish we could run red/white lights here.

Funny you mention that. I have two pics published in the 2011 Whelen Police catalog, and one in the Fire/EMS catalog. Should be more coming, since I'm always sending them stuff...

Chris Simpson

May 30, 2010
Leavenworth, Kansas
factorone33 said:
Funny you mention that. I have two pics published in the 2011 Whelen Police catalog, and one in the Fire/EMS catalog. Should be more coming, since I'm always sending them stuff...

ya the fire/ems catalog has a Red Ford F-250 command truck with red/blue lights

the Police catalog has the Ford Raptor Police vehicle that 911 custom did the install on. I worked on both vehicles...

cant wait to see all the new stuff you got coming ;)

factorone33

Jun 13, 2010
Merriam, KS
Chris Simpson said:
ya the fire/ems catalog has a Red Ford F-250 command truck with red/blue lights

the Police catalog has the Ford Raptor Police vehicle that 911 custom did the install on. I worked on both vehicles...

cant wait to see all the new stuff you got coming ;)

Hard to tell. I've been thinking about starting a service where I do professional-grade photos for departments and install shops and then submit the material to companies like Whelen, Code 3, Federal, etc.

On a side note, I got my red/amber Vertexes for the rear. Those will go in the back-up lights as soon as I get my red Ions in to go between the tailgate and bumper.

factorone33

Jun 13, 2010
Merriam, KS
New updates. Scored the following:

• Red Inner Beams
  • New Setina PB400 bumper
  • SA315P speakers (pair)
  • Red Vertexes for the backup lights
  • Red Ions for under the tailgate
  • LINZ6s to replace LIN3s in the windows

I'm installing most of that stuff tomorrow night, and I will take pics. The Red/Amber split Vertexes were already mounted in the back-up lights, but I am moving those to the insides of the driver and passenger front doors to be setup on relays so that if the doors are open, and the slide switch on the control is in at least position 1, they'll light up toward the rear for some nice rear-facing protection when the doors are open.

I also am replacing the custom-console with a stock 30" Havis console, as my idea didn't really pan out, so once I get ahold of that, the interior will change. I also am obtaining a complete harness system from MNStar Technologies (Home) to use for all this, so eventually sometime later this next year, it'll get a complete rewire, and then all I'll have to add on is the Howler, and she's done.

The project continues.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.