2005 Ford F-150 - - FINAL UPDATE (being retired)

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
The steady flicker pattern is only available with an optional external relay, that I do not have

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
Haha. Something like that for sure.

I just sent my Valor bar IO out to have new firmware installed so I can run full bar cruise. My current bar can't do it, as it's a 2011 vintage.

acs680

Nov 23, 2010
Tennessee
Well... it gets more advanced. .

Custom FederalSignal SmartSiren Platinum Brake Light Override

I used a relay and some of the inputs/outputs on the new SmartSiren Platinum 2000 to make a Brake Light Override.

While responding in mode 3, when the brakes are applied, the Valor bar cuts the rear flashing blue and steady burns the entire SignalMaster amber. The SmartSiren also steady burns the amber portion of the M7s on the tool box, and the M4s by the license plate. (When brakes are applied, the only remaining flashing is the blue portion of the M7s, although in video they may all appear to be flashing ). A lot of fast flashing lights can make it hard to see brake lights. These steady lights make a very noticeable brake signal that's clear, concise, and easy to understand.

Note* Applying the brakes while in mode 3 also activates a high-activity, rapid flash mode on the front of the Valor bar, as well the SignalMasterCN in the grill.

How are you doing this? What makes the SM go steady?

coopers

May 21, 2011
WA
What's this steady flicker you speak of...? :)

A lot of newer bars have the ability to be steady on then flicker every 3 seconds to get your attention. I don't know other bars well but Whelen's steady flash (as they call it) is awesome. You can also do the steady flash with other lightheads if you're set up to do it. I programmed steady flash into our liberty bars.

Reactions: Storm4200

acs680

Nov 23, 2010
Tennessee
A lot of newer bars have the ability to be steady on then flicker every 3 seconds to get your attention. I don't know other bars well but Whelen's steady flash (as they call it) is awesome. You can also do the steady flash with other lightheads if you're set up to do it. I programmed steady flash into our liberty bars.

I'm familiar with Whelen. Our department uses FedSig and I'm not aware of a steady flicker pattern with them. They've got some catching up to do when it comes to this stuff. The other 3 are starting to leave them behind.

acs680

Nov 23, 2010
Tennessee
Still no reply. :-( It's killing me to know how the steady signalmaster is done since there's no option for it in the SSP. Is it just a non sae warn pattern?

Reactions: Storm4200

coopers

May 21, 2011
WA
I'm familiar with Whelen. Our department uses FedSig and I'm not aware of a steady flicker pattern with them. They've got some catching up to do when it comes to this stuff. The other 3 are starting to leave them behind.

Oh sorry misread your message.

I thought FS was up-to-date. Oh well, I like Whelen anyways.

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
How are you doing this? What makes the SM go steady?

Hey, I'm sorry, I haven't been on here as much as I would've like to have been. Anyway, as for the steady amber SignalMaster... I was getting that to work, because of a glitch. When I checked the box for "work lights" it would activate the rear as if it was populated as a 360 degree white bar. Since I've updated the bar's firmware, I've post that feature. Again sorry for the delay in the reply.

acs680

Nov 23, 2010
Tennessee
Hey, I'm sorry, I haven't been on here as much as I would've like to have been. Anyway, as for the steady amber SignalMaster... I was getting that to work, because of a glitch. When I checked the box for "work lights" it would activate the rear as if it was populated as a 360 degree white bar. Since I've updated the bar's firmware, I've post that feature. Again sorry for the delay in the reply.
No worries! I racked my brain trying to figure this out. Bugs aren't always bad. :)

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
Timing chain went. Not looking good boys. May have to send the old girl out to pasture...

Reactions: Mrlunchbox

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
This is disheartening to say the least..
didnt see that coming I'm sure..

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
It's official, the old girl is being replaced. This will be the last of the updates for this thread, I hope you guys have enjoyed the progress and changes along the way. I look forward to hearing from you guys soon, on my new thread. Here's a teaser...

Attachments

• 1568x- (18).jpg
    1568x- (18).jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 125
  • 1568x- (16).jpg
    1568x- (16).jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 118

buddek09

Aug 15, 2012
US, Ohio
The 2004-2008 F150's 5.4L Triton motors were plagued with major problems. One defect was with the timing chain tensioner. I'd say that's what happened to Storm. A friend had an 04 that went through 3 engines before he decided to part ways with it.

Fighting17th

Jan 19, 2012
PA, Washington County
I had a 06 FX4 5.4 I bought with about 65k miles and by 90k miles I had dumped thousands into it. About every sensor on the engine, every spark plug and coil pack (expected at this mileage) but I was still having problems with them after, fuel injectors, full exhaust including manifolds, steering shaft, and much more I can't think of. Then the engine started ticking and I lost overdrive and was about to lose 3rd gear.
I had a friend with the same truck who had the camshaft phasers or whatever it is on the bottom end that's known for going bad, go bad. Thousands in repairs.
Never again...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RETFFMedic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.