2005 Ford F-150 - - FINAL UPDATE (being retired)

WS224

Nov 28, 2010
West Tennessee
Yours are definitely faster, but I like it.

Go to 1:05.

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
Yours are definitely faster, but I like it.

Go to 1:05.

Now that i have mine installed to the truck's electrical system, they now flash at the same speed yours do. When i had them hooked to the 18v drill battery they were oscillating faster. So, you were right.

WS224

Nov 28, 2010
West Tennessee
Now that i have mine installed to the truck's electrical system, they now flash at the same speed yours do. When i had them hooked to the 18v drill battery they were oscillating faster. So, you were right.
Not mine, just a video on Youtube, but yeah.....

I liked them faster.  Seems like it would be an easy mod with a slightly faster speed motor from your local Radio Shack.  My guess is that it is probably the same as a 80-90 fpm rotator type motor.  Step it up to a 120 fpm motor and see what happens!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Storm4200

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
OK. So now I'm jealous of your grille/bumper. That's looks awesome! Even the headlights don't wash em out....

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
Eric did it to me, so now its only fair i do it to you.

I am building a custom Franken libby and a custom Raydain. That i blame on you! Lol.
I get blamed for everything lol.

Should I get a full brush guard to get Power Arcs from behind my grill?

What about putting blue lenses on yours? I had clear when I had them on my old Explorer. Red

lenses seemed to blend in better.

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
Yes to a full brush guard on your explorer. All black. Would look great.

I wouldn't object to blue lenses, but im in no market for those right now...

Should i do LED headlights?

Hooked to the HLF obviously..A Anyone have positive feedback on them?

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Ive heard good and bad about LED headlight bulbs.  I tried the 8-12 dollar LED H1 replacements in my Vector bar and they were lame.  They were touted on the website as "direct 50W halogen replacements" but brightness was more like cruise or parking lights.   Don't seem to work bad in my Firebeam though.

I do have the LED takedowns in my new bar set to flash and they look way better than the factory halogens.  The blink is very on/off.  No "blink fade" like halogens do. 

If you go LED headlights I'd like to know what model, brand, lumen, what K, etc. 

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Havent heard anything on those.  I did a quick look at their site....150 bucks a bulb?  Granted that's with a lifetime warranty but for that price they better be whiter than a structure fire in a magnesium factory. 

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Yeah my bad....you're right....so 75 a bulb....I have separate bright housings so 300 bucks is what it would cost to do my Silverado...some Ford models use the same bulb for hi/low beam...that might be worth it then.

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
Yeah mine would only need two. Not like i have money for this anyway, just brainstorming

crt6mrt-265

May 23, 2010
Central NJ
hily hell!!! just when I think my emergency lighting boner has gone away, your truck comes up with something new!! freeking AWESOME

Reactions: Storm4200

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
I go tall my Lifetime leds from Jose. I have the headlights and the fogs. My g/f is not one

to spend money, but she said the head lights are worth it. I am having an issie with one, but Lifetime has always stood behind their products.

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
M7s are gone to make way for something new.

Coming soon:

Feniex Apollo600 Blue/Amber.

I needed to get some Feniex stuff on my truck.

I dont know if im going to put it where the flood bar is, and relocate that, or mount it on the very top of the PB, im not sure. Thoughts...?

uploadfromtaptalk1424547119001.jpg

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
Its been a while since an update but the front M7s have been replaced. The front flood bar was also removed. It looked too cluttered. I've since changed the amber pattern on the 600 from Cluster to a half/half slow alternating. What do you think?

(Watch in HD)

Ford F150 Federal, Whelen, Feniex: https://youtu.be/miMd2_-sfbE

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
Well, the Apollo 600 was cool while it lasted. ... now, on to bigger and better things...

COMING SOON:

Essentially, a pushbumper mounted VALOR bar. LoL.

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
So for the front I have A/W cannon 360s for the turn signals, and I'm gonna do B/A Apollo F6s on the sides of the PB.

I'm replacing the rear LINz6s with Feniex T6s and connecting them to the M7s via 2 ULF44s. One for blue, one for Amber. Steady flicker on mode2 and flim flam on mode3.

Thoughts?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.