2005 Ford F-150 - - FINAL UPDATE (being retired)

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
2005 Ford F-150 FX4 5.4L V8. FIRE/EMS POV

This vehicle is used for emergency responses to the station, to the scene and occasioanl use as a Fire Police unit. The response area has medium density residential/commercial, rural areas, and busy interstate.
This truck has the capability to run AMBER only to the front and rear, for non-emergency operations.

FRONT
-Frontier Front Bumper Replacement
-(1) Federal Signal Valor fully loaded Lightbar blue/white front, with full flood feature.
-(2) Whelen M7's Both in B/A mounted to front grill
-(2) Whelen TIR3s both in Amber in front bumper
-(2) Rigid Industries Dually Driving Lights (flood pattern)
-(1) Whelen Headlight Flasher UHF-2150A hooked to Rigid driving lights (currently disabled)

SIDE:
-(0) Tomar RECT13s. B. one on each side of the tool box. (Recently REMOVED)
-(2) Tomar RECT14s. B. one on each side of push bumper (Switching these out soon)

REAR:
-(1) Federal Signal Valor mounted to Back Rack Blue/Amber rear. (Amber Signal Master controlled via FedSig ss2000sm)
-(2) Whelen M7s on tool box B/A
-(2) Whelen LINZ6s on LP bracket B/B
-(2) Whelen Strobe Heads in reverse lights. clear (Currently Disabled)
-(2) Strobes'NMore 1500 Lumen Flood lights (changing soon)

-All perimeter LEDs are synced.
-All Controlled by Federal Signal Smart Siren SS2000SM and (2) FedSig Dynamax 100w Speakers.

COMING SOON:
-Whelen 500 V-Series LED heads (mirrors? and/or front intersections on PB)

Programming on the SS2000SM-
Slide Switch 1: ALL AMBER (Non Emergency)- Front TIR3s, Amber half of the M7s front and rear.
Slide Switch 2: SECONDARY (Emergency) - Corner modules on Valor.
Slide Switch 3: PRIMARY (Emergency)- Full Valor bar with flashing white, Front grill lights, intersection lights, rear Toolbox M7s (Blue/Amber) and LP mounted LINZ6s
Push Buttons on SS2000 from L to R: Front Flood/ Valor clear & Rear Amber/ Rear Deck Blue/ Front Grill Blue/ Rear Floods & Alleys

VIDEOS:

pre-valor with FedSig ILS interior bar:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_F74n-PaLNM

Valor 1.0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQbSkXNyisA

Valor 2.0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7VlI8NEnMo

Valor 3.0

yda9y4ed.jpg

egese9u6.jpg

yva9u7uz.jpg

u6ytyjaj.jpg

u4e3yhut.jpg

mu4uhata.jpg

su7yteju.jpg

a4y6umur.jpg

abaharum.jpg

e5u8yhe8.jpg

ny9azyru.jpg

zetyru5u.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: NVFD612

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
Blade Runner said:
It looks nice, and seems to be very well planned out. My only concern is, you need more side/intersection coverage.

As soon as I get the LIN6s for the rear of the tool box, I'm gonna relocate the TIR3s to the side of the box

runesson

Aug 6, 2011
Northern Europe
Storm4200 said:
As soon as I get the LIN6s for the rear of the tool box, I'm gonna relocate the TIR3s to the side of the box

...agreed!

You´ve allready got good front, rear and front-intersection coverage, so moving some lights to the sides of the truck will patch the only hole this otherwise great(!) install has:)

I do however wonder if the lin6s, with their much greater off-axis output then the Tir3s, would work better as the single light on the side?!

Great truck!

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
UPDATE:

I just traded the rear TIR3s on the toolbox for a pair of LINZ6s. The rear off-axis warning is 1000 times better. I still do need a pair for the sides of the tool box. After that I think Im done. (but u all know as well as I know, a project is never DONE)

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
hermanesfd said:
How do you like the rigid industry lights? I'm thinking about getting two.

They are hands down, my favorite lights on the truck. Mine are on 95% of the time. They look great as DRLs. At night the output is impressive. The D2's are ridiculous. :hail:

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
Az_Medic said:
Really like this pic..... What did you do in adobe to accomplish this? I use lightroom for my photography stuff, would love to have a preset for this though.

all i used was the 'Camera+' app on the iPhone. this is like an HDR setting

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
thanks guys.

if you notice in the last picture, my OEM fog lights are not there. Im working on something custom right now. Pics to follow....

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
I dont use the OEM fog lights anymore since i have the Rigid Duallys. I happend to have a pair of FedSig Solaris heads (R/B) lying around that i wasnt doing anything with, so i decided to open up the OE foglights, and mount the Solaris heads inside. I mounted them at a 45 degree angle for better intersection coverage. They're gonna be hooked to a sho-me LED flasher, and only come on with slide switch 3. There is already a 90w clear strobe head mounted in the foglight. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions before i seal these back up? I dont wanna switch the strobes to LED HAWs. I like the pure color of the LED, but i like the 'pop', of the clear strobe heads.

549339_407927895899042_100000455066466_1464008_2057821472_n.jpg

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
Storm4200 said:
Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions
Warning lights tend to be most effective when they're actually attached to the vehicle, so how about you put the lens back on and put the light back on the truck? :yes:

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
nerdly_dood said:
Warning lights tend to be most effective when they're actually attached to the vehicle, so how about you put the lens back on and put the light back on the truck? :yes:

haha. im workin on it. im waitng for the paint and the JB Weld (KwikPlastik) to dry. i had to use that to fill the hole where the fog light bulbs went.

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
i just 'painted' the rims black. Well, i actually used Plasti-Dip. Cost me $25 and about 4 hours of work. If i get sick of it, it peels right off.

i think a pair of A-pillar mounted LED Unity spotlights and a leveling kit would look bad-ass on this truck.

if your curious about the Plasti-Dip, this link should answer any questions you have: DYC Home - Plasti Dip For Your Car - Resources & More at DipYourCar.com NEW Glossifier

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
Ok 'fog lights' are back in. FedSig Solaris head and a Whelen strobe head in each housing. one R one B. clear strobes. The Solaris heads are mounted at a 45 degree angle for intersection warning. There are also Tomar Rect14s mounted at 90 degrees

video to follow...

549339_407927895899042_100000455066466_1464008_2057821472_n.jpg

f150fog.jpg

f15045.jpg

Hoff

Aug 2, 2011
SW Ohio/US
Yup diggin the fog lights! Nicely done!

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
the fog lights have been very effective. during the day, if your off at a 45 degree angle, these are the only lights you can see. I've gotten a lot of compliments from the guys around here. Im still in the market for a pair of LINZ6s or LIN6s for the sides of the tool box...

Jman423

Administrator
Sep 10, 2010
United States
That's a really nice setup. It's easy to tell you spent some time planning it out. There are a lot of lights, but it is done tastefully.

johnwadeg

May 27, 2011
Georgia
Nice install! So the Plasti Dip just pills off? I like how you did the rims. Also do you recommend the flood pattern for the duallys, Im looking into buying some and didn't know if I should get the Spot, Flood, or diffusion.

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
johnwadeg said:
Nice install! So the Plasti Dip just pills off? I like how you did the rims. Also do you recommend the flood pattern for the duallys, Im looking into buying some and didn't know if I should get the Spot, Flood, or diffusion.

yes, the plasti dip peels right off

as for the Duallys, it depends how your going to use them.

i use them to supplement my low beams, and act as fog lamps, therefore, i use the FLOOD pattern. I also want to add a pair to use as DRIVING lights to supplement my high beams. For these i want the SPOT pattern so it throws the light a long distance down the road. And for my back rack, i want a pair facing backwards with the diffusing lens so it would give me all of the usable light up close, where i need it. (backing up/loading/etc)

hcdrughunter

May 24, 2010
Florida
Storm,

I think I'm gonna do the fog lights in my 04. Is there a trick to taking the lenses off of the factory fog lights? I've pushed in the tabs and tried to pry the lens off but I'm afraid I'm gonna break it. Any suggestions?

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
hcdrughunter said:
Storm,

I think I'm gonna do the fog lights in my 04. Is there a trick to taking the lenses off of the factory fog lights? I've pushed in the tabs and tried to pry the lens off but I'm afraid I'm gonna break it. Any suggestions?

you gotta heat it up with a heat gun. once its all soft, they will open right up. re seal them with the OE glue thats still there, and then add a bead of silicone around the light just to be sure.

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
hcdrughunter said:
Storm,

There are numerous videos and how-to write-ups on the subject... This is just the first one that I came across for taking apart a headlight/fog light housing...

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
EVT said:
Way to think outside the box. I like it!

thanks, they work GREAT at a 45degree angle, while approaching an intersection. the Tomars on the sides of the push bar work great once you've got your nose into the intersection.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.