2005 Ford F-150 - - FINAL UPDATE (being retired)

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
The plate is only there for trial and error. Feedback noted. As for the bumper, it a Frontier front replacement.

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
If I wasn't getting rid of my Av, I'd seriously have to look into one of those front and rear... lol Even though they only have then for non-cladded Avs, I thing I could make it work... lol

nblaser

Nov 22, 2011
Colorado
I don't like where the M7's are.... I think you should put them to the rear and put the M2's up front... Man I wish we had half the lighting you have on our staff truck.

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
Well i had the M6s up front originally. The reason i decided on the front was because i wanted more forward facing amber. Ill keep your thoughts ain mind. Anyone else?

nblaser

Nov 22, 2011
Colorado
Storm4200 said:
Well i had the M6s up front originally. The reason i decided on the front was because i wanted more forward facing amber. Ill keep your thoughts ain mind. Anyone else?

no more front amber:)

Marc M

May 21, 2010
Georgia
Storm4200 said:

Are you still thinking about 500 Vs for the mirrors?

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
Next upgrade will be the Tomar RECT14's on the sides of the PB. They wernt bad, but they have ZERO off-axis. Not to mention i destroyed the wires on one, so once its removed, i doubt it will ever work again. lol. In this location, i think the 500 V's will be great.

(Teaser: the B/B M6s may soon be for sale)

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
M6s are SOLD. Now i need something to replace the front intersections. One of the lights just crapped out on me. I want the 500V's, however i may need to find a cheaper alternative.

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
I use the bar PRIMARILY for the full flood feature.

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
ok, i know ive been needing some lights on my side mirrors for quite some time, ive just been telling myself that i didnt. Well, now im thinking about moving forward with it. I want 3 levels of warning, and something to profile the width of my truck.

my thoughts are:

M7s on the mirrors.

They would be the same split B/A that i have in my grill, synced on a 'X' pattern. I would remove the front amber TIR3s and most likely the Tomar RECT14s on the sides of the PB. Now, i know what youre thinking, Mirrorbeams arent TRUE intersection warning, and i agree. However, 4 M7s (even if theyre split) would give me more than enough intersection warning for my response area.

thoughts? feedback? concerns?

Fighting17th

Jan 19, 2012
PA, Washington County
Storm4200 said:
ok, i know ive been needing some lights on my side mirrors for quite some time, ive just been telling myself that i didnt. Well, now im thinking about moving forward with it. I want 3 levels of warning, and something to profile the width of my truck.

my thoughts are:

M7s on the mirrors.

They would be the same split B/A that i have in my grill, synced on a 'X' pattern. I would remove the front amber TIR3s and most likely the Tomar RECT14s on the sides of the PB. Now, i know what youre thinking, Mirrorbeams arent TRUE intersection warning, and i agree. However, 4 M7s (even if theyre split) would give me more than enough intersection warning for my response area.

thoughts? feedback? concerns?

I wouldn't remove the lights on the side of the push bumper. They're facing in a different direction than lights would be on the mirrors and look good, and I don't think it's too much. I would get rid of the tir3s though as they have such a smaller footprint than the M7s.

What I would do is install towing mirrors which would look great on your truck, and mount the M7s to them :) I think I got mine on ebay for well under $200 and I still have the old ones which I could probably get almost the same out of if I decide to sell them.

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
Remember, I'm only flashing half of each M7 at a time.

hoisy71

Sep 10, 2011
Baltimore, MD
Storm4200 said:
Remember, I'm only flashing half of each M7 at a time.

Personally i liked it better with the M6s up front. But if your set on the M7 I would do all 4 on the brush gaurd in an x pattern, the M6 on the sides of the gaurd and the tomar on the mirrors

Marc M

May 21, 2010
Georgia
I think M7s on the mirrors would look good but I would not X flash them I would just do side to side. I' m just not a fan of X flash. And I too miss the M6s you had.

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
Damn can't believe so many people miss the M6s. For me the 7s work better because I'm getting emergency and non-emergency modes.

Now, as for the rear, the M2s have been sold locally and I'll be replacing them with B/A M7s.

Still haven't decided on a mirror or front intersection solution.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gasman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.