2007 Honda Accord coupe

minig0d

Mar 29, 2013
LA & TX
OK so I promised I'd post pics of the install... I've posted pieces in my thread about the T-6's... but time to put it all together... unfortunately the video I just took of the back of the car was completely killed by the sun setting off the glass, so I'll have to re-shoot the rear shot another day (and it needs a couple more lights anyway)...

Equipment List

Front Lights:

Headliner: Star/SVP ULB42 ILB

Dash: Whelen DashKing 2000 LED (integrated version)

Grill: 2 Feniex T-6

Headlights: SoundOff Signal ETHFSS-SP-ISO (isolated HLF)

Rear Lights:

Headliner: 2 Star/SVP DLX4

Tail lights: SoundOff Signal ETFBSSN-P TLF

Controls / Siren:

Switch Box: Custom made (left two switches are for siren)(center switch is main power for everything)(Right two switches are LEDs and HLF/TLF)

Siren: Star/Signal SS651 (switches put into switch box above)

Speaker: Sho-Me 30.0200

Video of front of vehicle:

(don't try stalking me I'm moving in a couple days anyway lol)... At the furthest back, it is about 150 ft from the vehicle... when I go to the angle, I move past 45 degrees... not too bad off axis

Picture of Switch Box:

[Broken External Image]:http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c303/minig0d/Accord/IMG_1093.jpg

Switches from left to right

1) Manual / Air Horn

2) Yelp / Wail

3) Master Power (triggers 2 40 amp relays)

4) All vehicle LEDs

5) HLF/TLF

I debated on switch functions... and decided for my purposes, I'd separate the HLF/TLF for power draw purposes... the LEDs draw less than 10 amps combined, the HLF/TLF Draws 20-40amps combined... that way I can leave the vehicle off for short periods of time without it being on fairly safely...

Inside the switch box are 2 40 amp relays... one relay powers the siren unit, the other powers the all of the lights (LEDs completely and switch wires for the HLF/TLF (the power wires for those don't run through the switch box)

Currently, there is a 3 socket "cigarette lighter splitter" hardwired to the switch box... I was originally intending the ILB to be completely removable... so the ILB and dash light (which is removable) both plug into that... If I keep the setup as is I may get rid of the splitter and hardwire them or use a quick disconnect instead... but I have a feeling I'll end up trading the ILB and dash light for something else

All connections on the entire install are soldered and heatshrunk... even where I connected to crimp rings to ground and such, the wire was soldered to the ring as well as crimped...

And that is a notepad sitting on side of the box, not a mystery gadget lol...

Last edited by a moderator:

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
Good pattern selection on the ILB. Separates the red and blue well.

minig0d

Mar 29, 2013
LA & TX
thanks y'all... um really not sure how I'll be using it predominately... tiny PD with the only car owned by the dept being the chiefs... so we can either ride along with him or use whatever (as long as he approves it and all)... will probably use it to go find dope for a while until they learn the car... then who knows after that...

people seem to discount all imports as not good for LE purposes... but besides transporting prisoners (which I wouldn't do in a personal vehicle, even if it was a charger with a cage/"partition" in it) the car is plenty fast, plenty reliable, has as much trunk space as a crown vic, gets way better gas mileage, and is way more agile... so who knows... the main answer I guess is I did it because I could :) There is most likely a charger or tahoe in my future but for now it's free.

And yeah the ILB is kinda funny because I intentionally picked a fairly rapid pattern that didn't split-fail... and did the same on the dash light... and they are almost in sync... they stay in sync for 15 or so seconds before they start going opposite each other... I will probably play with the grill lights and slow the pattern down a little bit, hopefully something closer in speed to the inside lights...

I'll hopefully take a rear video this weekend sometime after I figure out what I'm going to do with the other set of T-6 (if I want to LP mount them or not and if not then what)

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Nice car, but I'd honestly work on upgrading to Gen III inferior lightbar and dash light. I've never been impressed with the phantom lightbars without tint, and the tint just makes it harder to see at daytime. I've also never been a fan of the gen I dash king...I think a true strobe dash king on the dash would look cool and be effective because it will incorporate some of the true punch that LEDs cannot produce (LEDs are bright, but that whole "rivals strobe intensity" is a bunch of baloney, IMHO)

minig0d

Mar 29, 2013
LA & TX
pdk9 said:
Nice car, but I'd honestly work on upgrading to Gen III inferior lightbar and dash light. I've never been impressed with the phantom lightbars without tint, and the tint just makes it harder to see at daytime. I've also never been a fan of the gen I dash king...I think a true strobe dash king on the dash would look cool and be effective because it will incorporate some of the true punch that LEDs cannot produce (LEDs are bright, but that whole "rivals strobe intensity" is a bunch of baloney, IMHO)

Light bar I was able to pick up for $100 on here. And the dashking I've had for like 7+ years. So yeah if I had money to throw at it I'd definitely have something else. I'm thinking about selling both and going with a couple dual avengers headliner mounted and skip the dash altogether. Not sure yet.

minig0d

Mar 29, 2013
LA & TX
Boggus said:
I thought red was driver side and blue was passenger. Looks good none the less - time to work some EJ's.

I searched before I mounted and didn't see an answer to that except that certain departments or states specified certain things... Texas though not being one of them.... to me blue seems more "important" to be in the middle of the intersections but it may just be illogical thinking... *shrug*

-------------------------------------------------------

Video of the rear is on hold til middle or so of the week... Ordered the LP bracket for my extra two T-6 so gotta wait for that to come in first...

minig0d

Mar 29, 2013
LA & TX
OK... I finally got a chance to shoot a video of the rear... Video is added to the original post above... IDK how well the camera captures the brightness... at the furthest back its a good 150 feet... this is in very sunny daylight...

I still want to add some more lights and may eventually add some around the plate, but for now I feel this is acceptable for bare minimum...

May 27, 2013
NY
So you're going to use your personal car for police work and you're not worried about any of these drug dealers, etc. tracking your plates and paying you a visit?

PS. Up until the beginning of this year I had a 2006 Accord EXL V6 sedan and I agree it was fast. Great sleeper in that regard. Slap some HFP suspension on that thing and you will really like the handling then (EDIT: I see you're already lowered. On what?). I see blacked out headlights, Grillcraft(?) grill, and Aspec rims... Are you on V6P or DA?

Here are a couple pics of my old AV6:

11734_4093528504837_1481531169_33462247_1819329717_n.jpg

150009_10200464168075022_183711615_n.jpg

224565_10200464922653886_844950780_n.jpg

minig0d

Mar 29, 2013
LA & TX
FollowingNFront said:
So you're going to use your personal car for police work and you're not worried about any of these drug dealers, etc. tracking your plates and paying you a visit?

PS. Up until the beginning of this year I had a 2006 Accord EXL V6 sedan and I agree it was fast. Great sleeper in that regard. Slap some HFP suspension on that thing and you will really like the handling then. Are you on V6P or DA?

Eh it's a possibility. But I live 5 hours away from one place I reserve for and 2 from the other so *shrug*. I have an uncommon last name so they'd have an easier time just googling me than running a plate. And yes I'm on both forums with this same name. But more lurk on there. Don't have enough time to be active on all the forums I'd like to :)

And picture really small town. I'd never use a personal vehicle for LE work in a city like Houston. In that instance I'd worry about the plates and all. More so for lurking around and responding to calls if needed. Finding dope just seemed like a good byproduct. But maybe not the most practical.

May 27, 2013
NY
minig0d said:
Eh it's a possibility. But I live 5 hours away from one place I reserve for and 2 from the other so *shrug*. I have an uncommon last name so they'd have an easier time just googling me than running a plate. And yes I'm on both forums with this same name. But more lurk on there. Don't have enough time to be active on all the forums I'd like to :)

And picture really small town. I'd never use a personal vehicle for LE work in a city like Houston. In that instance I'd worry about the plates and all. More so for lurking around and responding to calls if needed. Finding dope just seemed like a good byproduct. But maybe not the most practical.

The only reason I asked about the license plate thing is because I am just not familiar with the concept. Living in NYC, it would be suicide. Its bad enough anybody can just follow a cop from the precinct after their tour when they drive their personal car home. But I'd imagine things work a little differently between here and there. I do like the lights though!

minig0d

Mar 29, 2013
LA & TX
FollowingNFront said:
The only reason I asked about the license plate thing is because I am just not familiar with the concept. Living in NYC, it would be suicide. Its bad enough anybody can just follow a cop from the precinct after their tour when they drive their personal car home. But I'd imagine things work a little differently between here and there. I do like the lights though!

Haha yeah I know what you mean... I haven't heard of that kind of thing happening around here... I mean on some law enforcement forums I've seen it suggested that the officer only carry their dept ID with them in a wallet and leave all driver's license and anything else personally identifiable out of their wallet/pockets for reasons like you mentioned... I've been in LE for almost 12 years now and never heard of anyone around here doing that. But then again I have watched tv shows that show some of the stuff up there and it doesn't surprise me at all... the south is culturally very distinct from the north (as I'm sure you know)... Honestly, I know there are some bad apples out there... but for the most part, I feel if you treat people like people, you don't need to worry about that stuff. I mean its a dangerous line of work and there will always be danger, but if you treat criminals fairly, even they can tell that you are just doing your job and not out to personally attack them. I've worked in the maximum security unit of the jail and still treated people with dignity and haven't once had anyone threaten physical retaliation on me. I've heard the I'm going to have your badge etc. though a million times...

minig0d

Mar 29, 2013
LA & TX
FollowingNFront said:

PS. Up until the beginning of this year I had a 2006 Accord EXL V6 sedan and I agree it was fast. Great sleeper in that regard. Slap some HFP suspension on that thing and you will really like the handling then (EDIT: I see you're already lowered. On what?). I see blacked out headlights, Grillcraft(?) grill, and Aspec rims... Are you on V6P or DA?

Here are a couple pics of my old AV6:

View attachment 53213

View attachment 53214

View attachment 53222

Yeah... Tien H-Techs, Koni Yellows, TL F/R sway bars, a grill I found online (not grillcraft, they don't make one for my year) it was on some other site definitely made in China out of fiberglass and came unpainted, and they are the RDX accessory wheels (19x8's)... 2007 i4... in the rear video you can see it... I recently plasti-dipped the wheels and and the exhaust tip and the rear badge out of boredom... my mom had a 2004 v6 EX sedan so yeah I know how quick they are!

minig0d

Mar 29, 2013
LA & TX
And for the people hating on Accords... Maybe they should be used instead of Fords and Chevys... break less, better gas mileage, better handling, etc...:

LVPD unmarked

May 27, 2013
NY
minig0d said:
Yeah... Tien H-Techs, Koni Yellows, TL F/R sway bars, a grill I found online (not grillcraft, they don't make one for my year) it was on some other site definitely made in China out of fiberglass and came unpainted, and they are the RDX accessory wheels (19x8's)... 2007 i4... in the rear video you can see it... I recently plasti-dipped the wheels and and the exhaust tip and the rear badge out of boredom... my mom had a 2004 v6 EX sedan so yeah I know how quick they are!

Ah yeah that's right, RDX accessory. Sorry. I think you and Milan may be the only two with RDX's on their coupes on the forum (haven't been on the site in a while so I'm not sure). I did a MH1 retrofit, Inspire fog lamp install, OEM Asean grill, removed intake resonator, debadge, plastidipped the rear "diffuser" area, and a few other things I cannot remember. I had HFP suspension, TL rear sway, Neuspeed strut bar, Polyurethane compliance bushings, and Ingalls rear camber kit. Not too bad in the handling department, but after 90k city miles, the steering was less than linear with the smaller inputs even with all the recent suspension work. Something was missing somehow. It felt like it would do a complete U-turn at 70mph if you asked it too lol, but anything short of cutting the wheel like you're on an autocross course left something to be desired. I hate NYC. /Rant... Do a retrofit and you'll be all set.

May 27, 2013
NY
minig0d said:
And for the people hating on Accords... Maybe they should be used instead of Fords and Chevys... break less, better gas mileage, better handling, etc...:

I agree. And the roar of the V6 is addicting.

minig0d

Mar 29, 2013
LA & TX
FollowingNFront said:
Ah yeah that's right, RDX accessory. Sorry. I think you and Milan may be the only two with RDX's on their coupes on the forum (haven't been on the site in a while so I'm not sure). I had HFP suspension, TL rear sway, Neuspeed strut bar, Polyurethane compliance bushings, and Ingalls rear camber kit. Not too bad in the handling department, but after 90k city miles, the steering was less than linear with the smaller inputs even with all the recent suspension work. Something was missing somehow. It felt like it would do a complete U-turn at 70mph if you asked it too lol, but anything short of cutting the wheel like you're on an autocross course left something to be desired. I hate NYC. /Rant... Do a retrofit and you'll be all set.

hahaha actually these are Milan's wheels! I bought them from him almost 2 years ago (I thought his name looked familiar so I checked my email (is the only reason I know the date for sure)

haha ya this is humerous but also kind of true... and from what I hear NYC may be pretty close:

67vhjmT.jpg

Definitely won't have the car long enough to do a retrofit on it... I did black out the headlight surrounds though... I have a bunch of random stuff done to it... just nothing drastic to list as "impressive"... I'm looking at a Tahoe or Charger sometime in the near future... just not sure which yet is really my only wait... most of the officers at my dept have CVPI's as POV's... chief has a tahoe... I've wanted a tahoe for a long time... but the chargers are cheaper and no one in the dept has one yet so I could be unique :)

minig0d

Mar 29, 2013
LA & TX
FollowingNFront said:
I agree. And the roar of the V6 is addicting.

I think its all remnants of the have to buy American Cars since we are "American" cities/counties/states/etc... but nowadays most Honda's in the US are made in north america anyway... I saw a fire marshal in houston in a marked Prius! so it's only a matter of time before departments start thinking outside the box...

May 27, 2013
NY
minig0d said:
haha ya this is humerous but also kind of true... and from what I hear NYC may be pretty close:
View attachment 53230

LOL that captures NYC very well. For instance, the other night on my way to work I was driving to work and passed an RMP, and a little further up the street the road was really rough and I crossed the double yellow line a little bit to miss some potholes, and he was right behind me lights going... When I pulled over and he came up to me and saw my EMS uniform, I said, "I'm sorry, I was just trying to miss the bumps, its a new car"... He chuckled, said "I got ya" and told me to have a good night and walked back to his car.

Welcome to NYC (notice the Nissan Altima RMP at 0:55):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pU3qA-IkHf4

minig0d

Mar 29, 2013
LA & TX
FollowingNFront said:
LOL that captures NYC very well. For instance, the other night on my way to work I was driving to work and passed an RMP, and a little further up the street the road was really rough and I crossed the double yellow line a little bit to miss some potholes, and he was right behind me lights going... When I pulled over and he came up to me and saw my EMS uniform, I said, "I'm sorry, I was just trying to miss the bumps, its a new car"... He chuckled, said "I got ya" and told me to have a good night and walked back to his car.

Welcome to NYC (notice the Nissan Altima RMP at 0:55):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pU3qA-IkHf4

haha altima? crazy! I'm still getting over the police taxi's

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
minig0d said:
haha altima? crazy! I'm still getting over the police taxi's

NYPD got Altima Hybrids a few years ago, apparently they can't stand them. Both meanings: The cops can't stand the cars, and the cars can't stand the streets. Or something like that. Their MPG was pretty lousy for a hybrid too IIRC.

May 27, 2013
NY
nerdly_dood said:
NYPD got Altima Hybrids a few years ago, apparently they can't stand them. Both meanings: The cops can't stand the cars, and the cars can't stand the streets. Or something like that. Their MPG was pretty lousy for a hybrid too IIRC.

Cops generally don't like them because they lack the interior room that the CVPI's and Impala's have. However, the 2008-2012 Altimas have VERY good suspensions and are very smooth and comfortable and seeing my Dad's 2010 get abused daily on NYC streets and after 25k miles its still smooth as butter, handles VERY well, and is quiet as a mouse.

minig0d

Mar 29, 2013
LA & TX
nerdly_dood said:

I think in reality most hybrids get horrible mileage

example this site lets you compare hybrid vs non-hybrid models... I plugged in a Yukon 2wd and its a 5.7 years of expected use before you start saving any money... and that doesn't include the increased costs and the price of battery replacement, etc... malibu is 8.9 years! (it doesn't list the tahoe for some reason)

Can a Hybrid Save Me Money?

May 27, 2013
NY
minig0d said:
I think in reality most hybrids get horrible mileage

Especially when used for PD because most of the time they are going to be at WOT. A police lieutenant backed me up on a job once for a violent EDP... When he was done assisting us, he got in his Altima Hybrid and smoked his tires up the block lol.

Squirrel

May 31, 2013
Flagstaff Arizona
minig0d said:
OK so I promised I'd post pics of the install... I've posted pieces in my thread about the T-6's... but time to put it all together... unfortunately the video I just took of the back of the car was completely killed by the sun setting off the glass, so I'll have to re-shoot the rear shot another day (and it needs a couple more lights anyway)...

Equipment List

Front Lights:

Headliner: Star/SVP ULB42 ILB

Dash: Whelen DashKing 2000 LED (integrated version)

Grill: 2 Feniex T-6

Headlights: SoundOff Signal ETHFSS-SP-ISO (isolated HLF)

Rear Lights:

Headliner: 2 Star/SVP DLX4

Tail lights: SoundOff Signal ETFBSSN-P TLF

Controls / Siren:

Switch Box: Custom made (left two switches are for siren)(center switch is main power for everything)(Right two switches are LEDs and HLF/TLF)

Siren: Star/Signal SS651 (switches put into switch box above)

Speaker: Sho-Me 30.0200

Video of front of vehicle:

(don't try stalking me I'm moving in a couple days anyway lol)... At the furthest back, it is about 150 ft from the vehicle... when I go to the angle, I move past 45 degrees... not too bad off axis

very cool setup, would never suspect its a police car.

minig0d

Mar 29, 2013
LA & TX
OK here's the worlds shortest video of the lights on a scene... (the video was 4 seconds long so I looped it 4 times so you can actually kinda see it so yeah remember its a 4 second clip that's looped when you watch it lol) tried to take a quick video without looking like a tool standing on the highway... this may be the end of the accord... just accepted a new job paying a significant amount more so it looks like there will be a new Tahoe (PPV?) in my immediate future...

Different in this video than some of the others above is the Star/SVP Phantom ULB42 ILB is gone and at the top of the windshield is a Star/SVP DL15-12...

On my way to work an accident w/injury involving 18 wheeler was blocking 2+ of the lanes of traffic on highway 59 in downtown Houston... blocked traffic until HPD arrived on scene... (there was a land surveyor with a single avenger facing rearward in his rear window blocking the other lane so I didn't angle across like the HPD car did behind me)... Apparently the car had no trouble with warning as there weren't any close calls even in that heavy downtown Houston traffic so I was pleased...

So anyway... stay tuned... most likely a Tahoe PPV to come... if not a Tahoe then a Charger... regardless it will be decked out with lots of goodies (way more than what's on the accord)

minig0d

Mar 29, 2013
LA & TX
OK I lied... another light change before buying new vehicle... I am buying new lights keeping in mind placement in a charger/tahoe so everything will be transferable...

So my latest purchase from ELB, a SOS Pinnacle... I haven't completely hooked it up to my HHS2200 yet... so I don't have the takedowns on their own button yet (but I will when I get un-lazy....

So my current setup is now:

Lights/Siren Controller: HHS2200

Front: SOS Pinnacle, Whelen Dash King 2000 (interweaved), 2xStar/SVP DLX4, SOS ETHFSS-SP-ISO (Isolation Model/Solid State) HLF

Rear: 4x Feniex T6, SOS ETFBSSN-P TLF, Star/SVP DL15-12 (was previously mounted above RVM)

Side: nothing currently, about to purchase some Ghosts or Ions for the side windows

Keep in mind the pinnacle is behind the factory sun strip (which is about 5%(yes it's much darker than most vehicles)). It will be much brighter when I move it to the new one. Here's 4 different flash patterns... the lights are so bright they blind my poor iPhone in the night videos... also some of these like the DLX4's are on a rapid quadflash pattern with the 4th flash "longer" (whatever that pattern is called) so all the flashes aren't being captured properly... not sure which pattern I want to keep it on yet, will have to see them during the day...

Troop

Nov 14, 2013
East Coast
Nice looking car and setup! The lights you have chosen suit the car well. Thanks for sharing and keep us updated!

minig0d

Mar 29, 2013
LA & TX
Troop said:
Nice looking car and setup! The lights you have chosen suit the car well. Thanks for sharing and keep us updated!

Thanks to all who have followed along. So in a freakish turn of events. My car was hit by a driver who had a seizure while driving. It is almost definitely totaled. So welcome to my new vehicle. 2013 black Tahoe PPV. I'm going to start a new thread on that build tomorrow when I can get a better picture.

aimg.tapatalk.com_d_14_01_05_mypy5e5y.jpg

aimg.tapatalk.com_d_14_01_05_ra4u6yme.jpg

So end of this thread. Gonna pull out all my lights and start laying out my plan for the Tahoe. See y'all in the next thread.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StormChase85

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.