Red SOS Intersector - 2x $136 = $272

Headlight/Fog-light Flasher:

ERM Universal HLF - $45

Rear

Rear Deck:

Interior Only Cobra 600 - $205

Tail Lights:

Feniex Cannon LED HAW - $66/Light

The above items (if you get minimum of 2 Cannons) puts you at $1004 (before shipping etc...)

A FEVER Elite Membership costs $10 and can save you additional money as well from his site.

Many times you can find used items that match the above on this site, and that can save you more money.

Mattdecker

Mar 16, 2013
Barren County, Kentucky
I agree with them. Stay away from STL. Even if you don't buy new there are plenty of used but great items in the for sale threads here.

Also, you could probably search the installs thread also and check to see what other members have done with that make of car.

lotsofbars

Jul 20, 2010
NYC, New York
Yeah . . . don't know how much you've heard it at this point, but please don't buy STL lights. They're terrible. If your budget allows, get something from Whelen/Code 3/Federal Signal/Fenix, or even buy some good used equipment here. And don't overdo the lights in your windshield; an interior bar is enough. Add on some mirror beams or some SOS Intersectors and you'll be fine. And don't forget a HLF, they're some of the most useful and important warning available. 

Nathan R

Lifetime VIP Donor
Mar 27, 2014
USA
I agree with them. Stay away from STL. Even if you don't buy new there are plenty of used but great items in the for sale threads here.

Also, you could probably search the installs thread also and check to see what other members have done with that make of car.

Reactions: Mattdecker

RightEZ

Sep 11, 2014
KY
Okay, just an update -- Screw STL :)

I just ordered a Feniex 4200 W/ Siren Module control box from FEVER because he answered a bunch of my stoopid questions.

Here are the two light bars going in. More to come soon :)

ai.imgur.com_Vw9UdcE.png
ai.imgur.com_TFCkMpy.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Storm4200

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Front

Headliner:

Red Feniex Pegasus - $350

Mirrors (Front/Side):

Red SOS Intersector - 2x $136 = $272

Headlight/Fog-light Flasher:

ERM Universal HLF - $45

Rear

Rear Deck:

Interior Only Cobra 600 - $205

Tail Lights:

Feniex Cannon LED HAW - $66/Light

The above items (if you get minimum of 2 Cannons) puts you at $1004 (before shipping etc...)

A FEVER Elite Membership costs $10 and can save you additional money as well from his site.

Many times you can find used items that match the above on this site, and that can save you more money.
I'm so glad that you were educated on STL before dropping a lot of money on their junk. With the exception of LAWs on the mustang tail lights, I agree with everything Zapp recommended, particularly with regards to the side warning.

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
The Apollo bars are great. ive installed a few and theyre impressive. the 4200 is fun too. keep us updated 

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
 With the exception of LAWs on the mustang tail lights, I agree with everything Zapp recommended, particularly with regards to the side warning.
Why would you not agree with the LAWs? Would you say they are just not as effective in those housings, or what about replacing stock bulbs with a LAW? Any other options? (Not a disagreement, just soliciting your input, we all know how emotion fails to come across via text)

Other observations that the OP had mentioned in chat were that he responds only to the fire station, not to scenes. He had originally wanted 2 warning bars in the rear, and including a Traffic Advisor. I may have missed his answer, but we asked why he needed a TA if he was not responding to anything other than the station.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Why would you not agree with the LAWs? Would you say they are just not as effective in those housings, or what about replacing stock bulbs with a LAW? Any other options? (Not a disagreement, just soliciting your input, we all know how emotion fails to come across via text)

Other observations that the OP had mentioned in chat were that he responds only to the fire station, not to scenes. He had originally wanted 2 warning bars in the rear, and including a Traffic Advisor. I may have missed his answer, but we asked why he needed a TA if he was not responding to anything other than the station.
Yup, I just don't find LAWs very effective (or worth the cost) in small reverse housings such as those.

I agree about the 2 lightsticks being a waste but Having the Apollo duo color TA is a nice option to have without having the unnecessary clutter of a whole separate lightstick

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
Yup, I just don't find LAWs very effective (or worth the cost) in small reverse housings such as those.
I was referring to the brake/turn housings not the reverse housings.

Mattdecker

Mar 16, 2013
Barren County, Kentucky
Or should I just lightbar it? :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

http://feverinc.net/feneix-avatar-47-lightbar.html
If it were me, I'd go with a lightbar because I like lightbars vs all lights being interior. But thats me. It is your car so you should do what you like. 

Plus, that's a real nice car. If it were me I'd be hesitant to drill a hole for cables in the roof. That being said, a lightbar would look great on that car in my opinion. Lol.

RightEZ

Sep 11, 2014
KY
I'm not scared to drill the hole! I think I'm gonna stick with interior unless someone  comes along with a feniex light bar and sits it on my roof so I can understand how it would actually look on my car.

Next question: If I intend on having more lights, but do not have them right now, would you all suggest I go ahead and run the wires when I run the wires for the lights I have ready? I figure it would save a bunch of time.

2 Cannons will be going up front, one each in a fog light with a RED/WHITE duo color ;) -- Or should I keep everything RED??

RightEZ

Sep 11, 2014
KY
uploadfromtaptalk1416331221873.jpguploadfromtaptalk1416331221873.jpg

What a delightful surprise to see that the siren module comes with a PA! I thought I wasn't gonna be able to tell people how bad their driving was on this new build!

uploadfromtaptalk1416331233834.jpg

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
Interested to see this finished. Also, what's the deal with the exhaust tips sticking out a foot past the bumper?

Apr 28, 2013
New York/Mass
Follow what you think is right - it's YOUR car. The rest of us are armchair experts! :)
Just being an armchair expert here but I personally think that solid colors are 1) better looking and 2) more effective. I like all red. But hey, it's your car! Do what you like :)

Reactions: Doug

RightEZ

Sep 11, 2014
KY
I was told by someone that WHITE shows up better during the day than red does, any testament to that? I mean with my front interior light bar its going to be dual color so technically if I just want red I can always turn it off. I think I'm definitely gonna keep the quarter window red/white and the rear all red. Intersector lights will be  RED

Updated first post to show new build.

two more things - HAW in tail lights?

Also, if you noticed my third brake light right above the GT symbol in the 3rd picture - I'm going to measure it out, and possibly fit in a Cobra 400 instead of putting a 800 in the bottom of the rear window.

Marc M

May 21, 2010
Georgia
I like your plan overall. Especially the use of PowerArc. I do think having the 800 to the rear would be a bit much though. I think a pair of dual T-6 would look better but that' s me.

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
Personally I would skip the Cannons in the fog lights and put a pair of solid red T6s in the grill synced to flash simultaneously. That's cheaper and I think would be more effective. If you decide to stick with the cannons, do solid red. There's enough white up front already with the dual color apollo and the HLF

Reactions: tsquale

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
I will echo a few things others have said. I would only do one full size bar in the rear, otherwise they will wash each other out and make just a blob. I also agree that you should use solid T6s in the grill instead of Cannons in the fog lights. I have seen several folks try the fog light route and they look pretty ineffective there.  Otherwise looks good.

RightEZ

Sep 11, 2014
KY
uploadfromtaptalk1417810853977.jpguploadfromtaptalk1417810853977.jpguploadfromtaptalk1417810853977.jpg

Products are starting to arrive!

Also upfitters, maybe you can help me out, whats a roundabout estimate for all this? I am really hoping I can pay a shop $450-500 to install all this.

uploadfromtaptalk1417810878204.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1417810893069.jpg

Reactions: lotsofbars
Love that Mustang GT!   Great install.   Do you want to donate that car to our agency Traffic Unit?   LOL.    I've been trying to get our agency to get an unmarked Ford Mustang for about 28 years, since the Mustang Fox body's were actually offered as a specific police vehicle model!   Unfortunately, never had any luck convincing our commanders "WE NEED THESE".    Great job buddy.

RightEZ

Sep 11, 2014
KY
Love that Mustang GT! Great install. Do you want to donate that car to our agency Traffic Unit? LOL. I've been trying to get our agency to get an unmarked Ford Mustang for about 28 years, since the Mustang Fox body's were actually offered as a specific police vehicle model! Unfortunately, never had any luck convincing our commanders "WE NEED THESE". Great job buddy.
we have quite a few in our police departments traffic unit. Very awesome cars.

Here's the full install. I'll make a better video soon.

2010 Mustang GT firefighter POV emergency response: https://youtu.be/nE2VFapIft4

Reactions: acala91

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gasman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.