2011 Chevy Silverado Z71 **Updated 06/03**

kkets323

Oct 6, 2011
NY
great looking truck

quick question which duallys do you have with what filters i want to get a pain and theres 3 types driving spot and diffused. im thinking about getting the driving ones.

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
kkets323 said:
great looking truck

quick question which duallys do you have with what filters i want to get a pain and theres 3 types driving spot and diffused. im thinking about getting the driving ones.

Spot: use to supplement your high beams. longgggg throw. pencil beam

driving: flood light. useful short range and wide. use to supplement low-beams

diffused: maximum short range light. useful as backup lights or rear loading lights.

Camerin

Sep 17, 2010
FL-NH-AK
NJfireguy9094 said:
hello i have the same truck as u and looking to install something along the running board area what would u recommended added them too

Some of the other more experienced members/installers here please chime in but a lot of it depends on your budget. A few inexpensive TIR or LINZ light heads on brackets strategically placed would work well. Or, if you budget allows, a full 8-12 head light stick along the running board area.

I chose not to place any light heads along the running board area for the pure fact I didn't want to risk them being damaged or broken off if I chose to do any degree of off roading.

**As a side note, anyone who chooses to place light heads within the wheel well of any vehicle, especially a truck or SUV is in my humble opinion, just pissing money away....

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
NJfireguy9094 said:
hello i have the same truck as u and looking to install something along the running board area what would u recommended added them too

I recommend the Sound Off nForce...I used to recommend the linz6 (for their linear output) and the ions/ghosts for their slim package and great footprint, but now I recommend the nForce, because I think it's the brain child of the two...small package (virtually the same size as the ghosts +/- a fraction of an inch) and powerful, linear visibility like the linz6. The nForce are also flexible, meaning that you can choose bet. 6-18 LEDs per unit in single/duo/tri-color options. A pair of these mounted right where the running boards/nerf bars are attached to the frame of the truck is a nice location that is tucked out of the way.

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
pdk9 said:
I recommend the Sound Off nForce...I used to recommend the linz6 (for their linear output) and the ions/ghosts for their slim package and great footprint, but now I recommend the nForce, because I think it's the brain child of the two...small package (virtually the same size as the ghosts +/- a fraction of an inch) and powerful, linear visibility like the linz6. The nForce are also flexible, meaning that you can choose bet. 6-18 LEDs per unit in single/duo/tri-color options. A pair of these mounted right where the running boards/nerf bars are attached to the frame of the truck is a nice location that is tucked out of the way.

I have nForce on my running boards. They are bright. The only problem I have is that when people get in the back seat they tend to bump them. It just changes the angle a bit. I also have a pair of red'clear to the rear of my truck. The clears come on in reverse and/or with a switch and reds flash with all my warning lights. You could do that to the side and use them like alley lights. Just a thought

NJfireguy9094

Feb 20, 2013
Trenton NJ
Camerin said:
Some of the other more experienced members/installers here please chime in but a lot of it depends on your budget. A few inexpensive TIR or LINZ light heads on brackets strategically placed would work well. Or, if you budget allows, a full 8-12 head light stick along the running board area.

I chose not to place any light heads along the running board area for the pure fact I didn't want to risk them being damaged or broken off if I chose to do any degree of off roading.

**As a side note, anyone who chooses to place light heads within the wheel well of any vehicle, especially a truck or SUV is in my humble opinion, just pissing money away....

i orderd 4 snm e3's to mount 2 along the bottom of the running board area with l brackets for both sides of the truck

Camerin

Sep 17, 2010
FL-NH-AK
Replaced the D8 with two R/W Ions and the Slimlighter with a Pinnacle. The red vertexs are synced with the red portion of the Ions on each side. Video was taken in direct sunlight and as always the lights are brighter than the video portrays.

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
looks great! the pinnacle looks 100 times better than the slimlighter alone. No white takedowns?

As for the grill, i dont hate it. i certainly like it more than the dominator stick, and the sync looks great. but one question? Why go with the smallest light on the market, on a grill that big, with a pushbumper that big?? IMO, IONs as grill lights are more suitable for a Honda Civic than your gorgeous truck. I would re-allocate those IONs to the SIDES of the pushbumper for intersection coverage, Still synced like they are now.

Now, for the grill, i would go with a pair of R/R M7s with clear lenses. Mount them on the chrome grill cross bar, on either side of the bowtie. The clear lens will blend on that chrome piece, and behind that PB, they'll be invisible when off. However, when you turn them on, they will blow those tiny little IONs out of the water. Just some ideas

Great Looking truck. i really like where you re-mounted the Rigids... Any updates to the rear?

(You convinced me, im gonna be ordering that Black American Flag LP tonight)

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
Can we start a petition for solid Red M7s on this install?? :thumbsup:

Camerin

Sep 17, 2010
FL-NH-AK
So I have a question for all you "lighting enthusiasts".....

I am looking at upgrading my grill lights to a larger foot print and moving the ION's to an intersection position, preferably mounted to the brush guard. What would you recommend for lightheads, M4's, M7's, mounted to the brush guard on a pedestal mount or behind the grill? Red or red/white is all I can run, and synced to the Vertexs or just to each other?

Your input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
Camerin said:
So I have a question for all you "lighting enthusiasts".....

I am looking at upgrading my grill lights to a larger foot print and moving the ION's to an intersection position, preferably mounted to the brush guard. What would you recommend for lightheads, M4's, M7's, mounted to the brush guard on a pedestal mount or behind the grill? Red or red/white is all I can run, and synced to the Vertexs or just to each other?

Your input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Red M7's, colored lens, pedestal mount on the brush guard, sync'd with the vertices.

paff2

Nov 30, 2010
Lancaster, PA
All red M7s all the way and sync them to the vertex. I have them and they are the best grill light I ever had no question.

Camerin

Sep 17, 2010
FL-NH-AK
Thank you. I still have a few tweaks I need to make. I have a pair of red M7's on the way to replace the ION's and move the ION's to the side of the brush guard. I will also be removing the rear SOS lights by the license plate and possibly putting them on the side of the push bumper instead of the ION's. I keep almost stepping on the rear SOS lights and I don't want to kick them while trying to get into the bed and break them. I believe I would still have enough warning to the rear without them.

Thanks Storm for making the suggestion of adding M7's to the grill. How do you guys think I should mount them? I would also like to do a light coat of spray tint to keep them low profile. I might also have the Pinnacle pattern changed as well.

Install was done by Strobes-R-Us.

TCRescue

Jul 15, 2012
Kentucky
This truck is just dripping pure sex appeal! Very sharp looking truck! :D

aj4vs

Mar 4, 2011
FL
Strobe-r-us did my install also. those guys are incredible! Hopefully we'll run into each other one day

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Camerin said:
The first photo is how she stands today. The second photo is the truck totally stock the day I bought it. Unfortunately I didn't get to wash her since she got dirty attending a recent training site.

Nice rig! Like the covert look and that wicked brush guard. Recently upgraded my ride light/tire wise myself. What tires did you end up with and how do you like 'em?

Camerin

Sep 17, 2010
FL-NH-AK
They are procomp wheels and tires. They are pretty good, and have about 40k mile tread life. I will probably just get a pair of BFGoodrich All-Terrain tires when these need to be replaced.

Camerin

Sep 17, 2010
FL-NH-AK
Picked up my truck today from Strobes-R-Us. I believe this to be the last change to my truck. I know it may not be the most perfect setup due to X, Y or Z reasons but for financial and timing concerns it is. I look forward to constructive feedback from the members here.

Shoutout to Storm4200 for some ideas, recommendations and tweaks.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

aj4vs

Mar 4, 2011
FL
Did they show you the new running lights for the lower sides of the truck? That'll be my next purchase from them

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
Wow the M7s look perfect there. Cant wait to see a video

Camerin

Sep 17, 2010
FL-NH-AK
I apologize for the grainy videos, once YouTube gets done uploading it, it turns out grainier than if I was to upload it with the iPhone (which I tried already and I was given invalid results).

Reactions: hawkspringsfire

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesseclark2448

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.