2011 Chevy Tahoe Special Service Vehicle

Status
Not open for further replies.

VolEms

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
Nice install. Please post more of your installs. I'm willing to bet it's Federal. It looks like the op won't say.

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
DaveCN5 said:
Excellent thinking with the RivNuts. I might have to try and remember that. Excellent work.

I didnt even notice those!!! Very nice... I may have to keep that in mind myself... LoL

May 24, 2010
PG County, MD
I can answer a few of the install questions as he is a local friend of mine.

The install was done by the OP.

There aren't many "other" installs that he has (not his day job).

The LED fogs are are RED.

Rivnuts are a wonderful thing, the OP turned me onto them and I use them whenever I can instead of blind screwing into sheet metal. Makes for a cleaner look at well.

As for use.....I will respect the OP and leave that up to him to disclose if he chooses. (sorry)

bwoodruff

Aug 8, 2011
Upstate NY
Holy cow... totally jealous. Those radios.... mmmmmmmmmmmm.

philyumpshus

Jun 20, 2010
Malone, NY
I am willing to bet money that it's a federal vehicle. I knew it was from the DC area just because of the Powercall, then Dan chimed in, which kind of cemented that fact. Also, the feds don't seem to spare any money, especially when it comes for communication equipment.

May 24, 2010
PG County, MD
philyumpshus said:
I am willing to bet money that it's a federal vehicle. I knew it was from the DC area just because of the Powercall, then Dan chimed in, which kind of cemented that fact. Also, the feds don't seem to spare any money, especially when it comes for communication equipment.

I can say this much...Not Federal..... :cool:

May 24, 2010
PG County, MD
iceman4122 said:
Please explain to us amateurs what Rivnuts are and why theyre so great?

Take a rivet, make it larger, thread the inside where the pin goes, install as usual (drill hole, insert in hole, squeeze handle on tool to expand backside to hold in place), and viola, you have an instant threaded location to screw/bolt to.

DaveCN5

May 22, 2010
South East Michigan
SlickTop Solutions said:
Take a rivet, make it larger, thread the inside where the pin goes, install as usual (drill hole, insert in hole, squeeze handle on tool to expand backside to hold in place), and viola, you have an instant threaded location to screw/bolt to.

And it makes the install SO much cleaner looking and a lot easier to service and swap equipment out.

May 24, 2010
PG County, MD
strobecrazy said:
Its probably Fire/EMS.... Red lights, medic bags in trunk? :confused:

While the OP still volunteers as he has time, this vehicle is his work vehicle and not related to Fire/EMS.

I will say this much, the answer to his employer is in the equipment pics (but not mentioned in the descriptions).

BTW, what does it matter who he works for, or what he does?

ISU_Cyclone

May 21, 2010
SE Wisconsin, USA
SlickTop Solutions said:

EXACTLY

So why not say what the vehicle is for? I mean, you just implied that it isn't a big deal...

Meanwhile, others can dance around like schoolgirls saying "*snicker snicker* I know what it's for, but thats all I'm saying. Envy me, pleasssssse"

Cam

May 20, 2010
MO
SlickTop Solutions said:
While the OP still volunteers as he has time, this vehicle is his work vehicle and not related to Fire/EMS.

I will say this much, the answer to his employer is in the equipment pics (but not mentioned in the descriptions).

Answer is in the pictures? I see a beach towel in the back so Im going to say lifeguard. Black may get a little warn and the antennas might get bent up with the recuse board get loaded in the roof but other then that looks good. ;)

May 24, 2010
PG County, MD
Cam said:
Answer is in the pictures? I see a beach towel in the back so Im going to say lifeguard. Black may get a little warn and the antennas might get bent up with the recuse board get loaded in the roof but other then that looks good. ;)

You're absolutely right on all accounts but one...he rides a jetski so there is no damage to the antennas.

Jun 8, 2010
Indonesia Java
Why would anyone need that many Radios for 2 (or 1) person sitting in front? Cant imagine all of them transmitting at once, how would you monitor the radio?

But yes, nice install.

davkenrem

Jun 8, 2010
N.W. Ohio
SlickTop Solutions said:

Ahhhh, the Racal microphone, I was wondering about that, I know, I know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.