2011 Ford Taurus Interceptor!

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
Before I turned in my 2 weeks notice, the brass asked if I wanted to swap from my Impala to an CVPI (one year older, but slightly better equipment) and I said no way. I love my car and was not going to give it up so the city could save gas by giving it to a guy who lives out in the sticks.

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
Fast LT1 said:
I don't like it, it looks fugly! Rather have a Caprice, Impala, or a Crown Vic. But it still doesn't come near the "sexy-ness" of the Impala SS!

[Broken External Image]:http://usera.ImageCave.com/FastLT1/9C1.jpg

I still have a set of those stripes with the bow tie cut for the 1994 Caprice. I wish I would have kept the chevy badges, but sold them along time ago.

theolog

Dec 27, 2010
North Carolina
I've got to revise my opinion here...I'd love to give the AWD 360-whatever HP version a try. But I hope the 280-HP FWD version fails miserably.

mr. awesome

Dec 27, 2010
Queens, NY
no fleet is going to approve a turbocharged engine... they drink oil and only run on premium fuel. thats gonna cost an arm and a leg in maintenance.

gman021

Dec 8, 2010
CT
This would be a great unmarked car for the MSP. Im still surprised though that we use navigators instead of a wide fleet of tahoes.

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
gman021 said:
This would be a great unmarked car for the MSP. Im still surprised though that we use navigators instead of a wide fleet of tahoes.

Lincoln Navigators? LINCOLN Navigators???

Keep those!! Nobody ever expects them to be a police car!

gman021

Dec 8, 2010
CT
nerdly_dood said:
Lincoln Navigators? LINCOLN Navigators???

Keep those!! Nobody ever expects them to be a police car!

people in MA do. The good thing about here is we keep the hubcaps and stuff, so it doesn't give the cop cars away too easily. But we also have several explorers as well as a handful of navigators.

But aren't navigators expensive, and not meant for police work?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.