2011 Jeep Wrangler POV (NEW VIDEO POSTED 1/31/13)

movi3king

Jun 29, 2012
New York
Dkellam said:
First I want to say, The lights look great on the Jeep! I actually saw your post on WF. I've been trying to figure out where I wanted to mount new lights for a few weeks now because my lightbar just died. (an excuse to get new lights :) ) I saw your thread on WF and am very interested in how you installed everything.

I was thinking of doing the Whelen Interleaved super LED with red on top and white on the bottom, with the white "driving mode override". Was it just the price that made you dedcide against doing the split colors on eeither side? I'm thinking of doing all red due to the fact that I can't find the splits for under $145 a piece.

Thanks for posting this!!

:D

Thanks so much. Its really nice to find a member who is part of both forums.

Yes the reason I chose to go with full colors rather then splits was due to price but at this point i think splits would have been a better idea.

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
can you sync the Vertex to the PARs?

and yeah, i think the split colors wouldve been better for this application

Dkellam

Jan 18, 2013
Virginia, USA
movi3king said:
Thanks so much. Its really nice to find a member who is part of both forums.

Yes the reason I chose to go with full colors rather then splits was due to price but at this point i think splits would have been a better idea.

Well, I called Whelen this morning. Apparently you can't get red over white with the white "driving mode override". Apparently they only due blue and red. :hissyfit:

So I guess I'm going to end up going with the solid red on either side..

Any way you could explain how you wired it? What did you have to do to get the wires through the cowl?

Dkellam

Jan 18, 2013
Virginia, USA
Storm4200 said:
can you sync the Vertex to the PARs?

and yeah, i think the split colors wouldve been better for this application

Don't quote me... but I believe you can..

Looking at the Whelen website, They are both Scan - Lock so you should be able to..

Last edited by a moderator:

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
yeah i believe the PARs and the Vertex can be synced. I would do that for sure!

as far as the Dual interleaved PARs go, you are correct. R with white driving, B with white driving, or R/B with white driving. thats it.

you can make them flash Red/White if you hook them to an external flasher.

SRVR77

Jun 11, 2010
NJ
could you post how you mounted the front interior bar?, looking to do similar thing

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Advancedstreet

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.