2013 Mustang GT Unmarked Police

mandarin77

May 25, 2012
USA
kenton1979 said:
The license plate lights are mismatched, one whelen tir3 and one federal impaxx. Someone ordered these and I was told that the vendor shipped all the blues as fed signal. I am not sure I believe it wasn't an error from my agency though based on other examples.

The license plate lights are MATCHED Whelen TIR3 (one red, one blue) on the gray car, and MATCHED Whelen LINZ6 (both R/B) on the blue car (much better).

Only the lights INSIDE THE TRUNK are mismatched (because they are rarely seen). The mismatch is simply due to the bid process cycle (vendor change) and previous stock already on hand that happened to be mostly of one color. We do the best we can with what we have.

mandarin

Last edited by a moderator:

mandarin77

May 25, 2012
USA
kenton1979 said:
The radio is inside the center armrest. Whelen Handheld hss2200 light and siren controller, smaller sized laptop on pass seat mounting bracket. Its pretty tight on the passengers side but the drivers side isnt bad.

The radio is a 2-piece. The main unit is attached vertically to a plate mounted behind the back seat. The display is mounted in the console.

The Whelen HHS is mounted on the plate as well, with only the handheld running up to the driver area.

Also, very little trunk space is used in this setup - and the equipment is easily accessible for repair by folding the back seats down.

The small laptop was ineffective and quickly replaced with the larger one. Only one or two smaller ones are still in use.

The passenger seat area is tight, and the officers rarely carry 'prisoners' in the Mustangs.

If using the car on/off duty with passengers or family, the laptop stand is easily removable to accommodate a front passenger. The 2013 version has been installed in such a way as to not interfere with the rear seating. This car is basically as comfortable and roomy as it came from the factory, except for the laptop stand (which can also be adjusted over the center console when a passenger is in the front seat).

mandarin

mandarin77

May 25, 2012
USA
Respondcode3 said:
Whats with all the blurred and blocked off cars..Pull the car out and take the video They are marked cars no reason to make it a secret

Drewstang said:
These are for ... I'm not sure why everything was blocked out when the media will be all over these when they are issued like last time.

Respondcode, the videos I took outside do not look very good. In the shop only right there in that spot, do the videos turn out well with the camera I have. Unless you want to donate to my personal camera fund...

These videos are editted because I am not allowed to have any dealings with the public or press in an official capacity. I am not part of the 'public affairs office' and could lose my job if the videos were not editted. Therefore for your viewing pleasure and to save my job, the videos are editted to be unofficial and unassociated.

If you perhaps believe that you know what department these vehicles are with, you have come upon that information from someone else / somewhere else.

mandarin

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.