2016 Ford Explorer XLT

OP
OP
andrewsim

andrewsim

Any reason you got away from the Carbide?
I would have stuck with a Carbide, I was totally happy with it, but I got an unbelievable deal for a brand new Cantrol from Whelen. Beyond that, I wanted (not needed, I could have lived with some lights doubled up) more outputs and since I have a WeCAN FST and RST, I couldn't add an expansion module to the Carbide to get more outputs.

OP
OP
andrewsim

andrewsim

Got an overall photo of the vehicle at a detail and some console pics. Still need to wash it up and get some exterior "glamour shots" haha
2019-06-09 11.39.41.jpgIMG_20190426_214311649.jpgIMG_20190426_214243588.jpg

Krsdog25

Very nicely done and well laid out. Personally I would throw some black vinyl on the chrome accents on the rear and sides but hey that's just my taste. How do you like the pioneer nano mounted in that location to the side? Does it throw a decent amount of light as an alley light and is the flashback worth it? I'm thinking of add them to our slicktop K9 spec(in addition to Ion Duos on the front PB and rear passenger windows that will go steady white as alley lights).

OP
OP
andrewsim

andrewsim

The nanos are great in that location and the 6 (as expected) punches through the tint with no problem. They are mounted to the upper O.S. handle bolts. The Nanos do have a decent amount of flashback, but since it's in the back, I can't really notice it while driving. I've considered trying to find a way to mount a flashback shield, but it honestly isn't worth the trouble.

kc1aei

Registered Member
Just gonna take the five finger discount for nanos on the OS handle, pay no attention to me!

Saw the build on the Cantrol facebook page, so I'm glad you included more detailed photos here!

OP
OP
andrewsim

andrewsim

Just gonna take the five finger discount for nanos on the OS handle, pay no attention to me!

Saw the build on the Cantrol facebook page, so I'm glad you included more detailed photos here!
Steal away. Just be sure to use a steel space and some tough hardware on the "extension" part.

Also, no problem on the photos, Facebook limits the number of photos so I had to pick and choose. I'm constantly making small changes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Unanswered questions
Members
Latest member
Serviz
Top Bottom