2016 Ford Utility, New Miami Police Dept. (Ohio)

Tri-State PSE

May 21, 2010
Middletown, Ohio
All items are per customer request.

Equipment List:
SoundOff nForce Visor Bar
SoundOff Ghost lights on sides of push bumper
Feniex Cobra 400 Light Stick
Whelen Headlight Flasher
Setina Push Bumper
Whelen Ions on mirrors
Whelen LED Spotlight
Carson Commander Siren/Light controller
Feniex Triton Speaker
Havis Console
Setina Dual weapon mount
Setina Partitions (front & rear)
Setina Dual Drawer system
Setina prisoner seat
Feniex Cobra T3's - (front bumper/sides of partition)
SoundOff nForce dual light head unit  (in rear side windows)
Whelen V-Series (in rear side windows)
Whelen Outer Edge light bar (Micron Led's)
Whelen Vertex's in reverse lights
SoundOff nForce lights on license plate bracket
Axixtech ST6 lights on bottom of tail gate
Havis laptop mount

Reactions: hawkspringsfire

Hoff

Aug 2, 2011
SW Ohio/US
Is that a factory housing for the V-series in the side windows?

okc_f150

Oct 3, 2013
Oklahoma City
I think I wet myself...

Seriously, nice install!

Not a huge fan of the nForce duals in the side windows WITH the Ion Vs, but "the customer gets...."

Love the T3s in the headlights, very neat idea. The nForce on the tags looked angled a bit, I had the same issues in my grille. Amazing lights though!

Did you guys make the housing around the Ion Vs in the side windows? Fantastic idea!

I sure hope you hooked up the "low power" option for nighttime!

Nice job, as usual!

Reactions: rcfd34

Tri-State PSE

May 21, 2010
Middletown, Ohio
Is that a factory housing for the V-series in the side windows?

The V-Series and mirror ION's were ordered as an option from Ford by the department. The V-Seris came with the housings.

I think I wet myself...

Seriously, nice install!

Not a huge fan of the nForce duals in the side windows WITH the Ion Vs, but "the customer gets...."

Love the T3s in the headlights, very neat idea. The nForce on the tags looked angled a bit, I had the same issues in my grille. Amazing lights though!

Did you guys make the housing around the Ion Vs in the side windows? Fantastic idea!

I sure hope you hooked up the "low power" option for nighttime!

Nice job, as usual!

Thanks!

Unfortunately, we weren't told that any lights were ordered with the SUV from Ford. Our quote had already been approved when the SUV arrived, so we worked around what had been installed.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
All items are per customer request.

Did this dept wanna set a record for how many different manufacturers' equipment they could use on one vehicle lol?  I really like the V-series factory option.

Very nice work.  I could've gone without the nforce in the rear side windows at an angle (maybe horizontal at top of window instead since you already had them) and gone completely linear for the PB (nforce mounted on the sides of the PB instead of the ghosts, had an Apollo lightstick instead of cobra), but I understand that you do whatever the person with the checkbook wants.  Were the HLF, mirror beams, & side v series the only things the customer had from ford?

Tri-State PSE

May 21, 2010
Middletown, Ohio
So. Much. Blue. Ugh.... I take it all blue is an Ohio thing?

New Chief wants away from R/B, so this was the first build in all Blue

Did this dept wanna set a record for how many different manufacturers' equipment they could use on one vehicle lol?  I really like the V-series factory option.

Very nice work.  I could've gone without the nforce in the rear side windows at an angle (maybe horizontal at top of window instead since you already had them) and gone completely linear for the PB (nforce mounted on the sides of the PB instead of the ghosts, had an Apollo lightstick instead of cobra), but I understand that you do whatever the person with the checkbook wants.  Were the HLF, mirror beams, & side v series the only things the customer had from ford?

We try to be equal opportunity as far as manufacturers go :)

The only items supplied with the vehicle were: Ions on mirrors & V-Series. HLF was a Whelen UFH2150a.

Last edited by a moderator:

crt6mrt-265

May 23, 2010
Central NJ
If you do not see this thing coming or that you are approaching...... you need your license taken away. Interesting how the different companies with colors. The rear outer edge has the whelen lighter blue look to it compared to the nforce deep blue

Those t3's are insane!!!

lotsofbars

Jul 20, 2010
NYC, New York
This car looks perfect. Great blue setup and sync to the front and rear. The pushbar lights look great, one of the only times I've actually appreciated that kind of lightbar. The sync to the rear is also well done. 

Krsdog25

Apr 30, 2012
NJ
I never understood mounting lights at a 45 degree angle on the C-pillar when the optics are designed for either a horizontal or vertical spread, was this a dept request or just something you guys like visually?  

Tri-State PSE

May 21, 2010
Middletown, Ohio
I know, it was originally supposed to be mounted at the top of the window, horizontally.

However, the area there wasn't conducive to this particular light. Since the Whelen V-Series light had already been mounted by Ford at the bottom of the window, this was the next spot..

Reactions: Krsdog25

runesson

Aug 6, 2011
Northern Europe
Placement (except angled rear window) and pattern (many slower and alternating) is one of the better I´ve seen in a while, but you could remove some redundant lights and still be covered well. Does the system have nighttime-dimming? Blinded drivers are a serious threat.

Being European I like all blue. Traffic is so saturated with reds, so there is never any question when we see flashing blues:) Simple/uncomplicated imo.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New in state!

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.