2020 Tahoe HLF issue at night

RL1

Veteran Member
I have a 2020 Tahoe SSV that came equipped with a HLF. All the lights are controlled by a HHS4200. The HLF is supposed to be disabled when the headlights are on. I noticed last night that the high beam bulbs faintly flickered while my warning lights were activated, and returned to normal when the headlights were turned off. I checked a co-workers vehicle that’s the same year and it did the same thing. Any ideas what causes this?

Jarred J.

Archive Expert
Silver Supporter
HLF overrides work on the bright lights not dim.. if you flip your brights on with the HLF going they become steady

OP
OP
R

RL1

Veteran Member
I’m clear on that and the high beam override still works, it’s just the high beams flicker instead of flash when the headlights are on and the HLF is activated.

StEaLtH2

Enthusiast
When you say “returned to normal” after the headlights were switched off, do you mean that they wig wagged properly?
Typically a flasher that is wired to be off with headlight use will be tied into the parking light circuit to be tripped off, and the high beam switch to go steady burn...
Exactly the same symptom on both tahoes?
Can you see the flasher unit on the fender? The flasher is factory installed? If not I suspect the way it was integrated by an installer is the cause if both vehicles were upfitted together and have the same issue.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnN_NYC

Secure Browsing

Top Bottom