2020 Tahoe HLF issue at night

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
I have a 2020 Tahoe SSV that came equipped with a HLF. All the lights are controlled by a HHS4200. The HLF is supposed to be disabled when the headlights are on. I noticed last night that the high beam bulbs faintly flickered while my warning lights were activated, and returned to normal when the headlights were turned off. I checked a co-workers vehicle that’s the same year and it did the same thing. Any ideas what causes this?

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
HLF overrides work on the bright lights not dim.. if you flip your brights on with the HLF going they become steady

Reactions: Tony P

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
I’m clear on that and the high beam override still works, it’s just the high beams flicker instead of flash when the headlights are on and the HLF is activated.

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
When you say “returned to normal” after the headlights were switched off, do you mean that they wig wagged properly?
Typically a flasher that is wired to be off with headlight use will be tied into the parking light circuit to be tripped off, and the high beam switch to go steady burn...
Exactly the same symptom on both tahoes?
Can you see the flasher unit on the fender? The flasher is factory installed? If not I suspect the way it was integrated by an installer is the cause if both vehicles were upfitted together and have the same issue.

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
When you say “returned to normal” after the headlights were switched off, do you mean that they wig wagged properly?
Typically a flasher that is wired to be off with headlight use will be tied into the parking light circuit to be tripped off, and the high beam switch to go steady burn...
Exactly the same symptom on both tahoes?
Can you see the flasher unit on the fender? The flasher is factory installed? If not I suspect the way it was integrated by an installer is the cause if both vehicles were upfitted together and have the same issue.
Yes, that’s what I was trying to say . I think they are aftermarket since the tail light flasher also turns off when the headlights/taillights are turned on but my previous patrol vehicles flashers worked regardless.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.