?313 3rd st apt b cp 8 1-10 66 y/o f a+ox4, OMG!

JohnMarcson

Site Founder
Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
rsq911....

Saw this in Ann Arbor

mms_picture.jpg

i was lookin at all these numbers and thinkin john turned into a spam bot

313 third st apartment 3, 66 year old female who is alert with 8 out of 10 chest pain.

Personally I think its a good idea for certain situations. At the same time, these poor dispatchers are fucked. They're going to need a few years of school to learn how to decipher the shit they're going to be fed.

spike91 said:
Personally I think its a good idea for certain situations. At the same time, these poor dispatchers are fucked. They're going to need a few years of school to learn how to decipher the shit they're going to be fed.

I actually recall when I worked in dispatch a couple years ago that they went over some of that. can't remember why, since we didn't get texts, I THINK they were in the process of moving TOWARD receiving them ... but I remember that they talked about tsome of that type of thing ...

there was an article in our paper a few weeks back of a text enhanced 911 system where if you were being kidnaped or home invasion type situation (or deaf /mute) you could text for 911 service and it would also deal with pix/flix messages for "patient or situation assesments"

Straps.pdf

Attachments

• Straps.pdf
    300 bytes · Views: 8
Black Hawk County, Iowa implemented the first "text 911" system in the United States last August. At first it was only usable by people who had T-Mobile as their wireless provider, I'm sure they've added most other carriers by now. They are also hoping to be able to receive picture and video messages in the future. I haven't heard much about it since August 2009, even though they're 1 county to my north.

Stolen from another board:

OMG Iz B-ing ROBD LOLZ Send popo plz thx!

We have a bunch of card in the office that say 'Txt a popo 2 sav a life' but have never heard of the program being used. All I can think of is this ai155.photobucket.com_albums_s317_ryanlong1_textmessage.jpg

Something for dispatchers to hate more than cell calls!!

We got a "texted" information call a couple weeks ago. Asked dispatch for more info and they said they didn't have a call back number, the info was "texted." None of the officers knew WTF they were talking about, as we'd never been informed there was such a thing.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efoote381