$5 T-6s, $10 Cannons, $10 Cobra 800 raffle

What do you want to see raffled off?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
So I'm thinking of doing a raffle or something for some NEW lights as a way to raise some money for my VFD. My question for ELB is what kind of lights would you most like to see raffled off? Keep in mind, things like full bars, interior bars, and other expensive or large items will cost more and require more entries before my VFD sees a profit from it.

Ok, there's been some interest here so the raffle is on. Rules are as follows:

1. With the exception of local public safety members, entrants must be members in good standing of ELB.
  2. You may enter for multiple chances into one or both drawings.
  3. Entry for the two (2) Feniex T-6 modules is $5 per entry.
  4. Entry for the Feniex Cobra 600 or 800 is $10 per entry.
  5. Entry for the two (2) Feniex Cannons is $10 per entry.
  6. The prize for the 600 or 800 will depend on the total number of entries. I need to ensure costs are covered.
  7. All entries will be kept confidential, but the total number of entries in each will be published.
  8. Drawings for both will be held on 09/30/13 at ~1900 EST. This may be subject to change for any/no reason.
  9. Winner agrees to have their name, voice, likeness, and/or first-born used to promote the up and coming JDI product line. :thumbsup:

Entry fees may be sent via paypal to g.foley.ems@gmail.com please include a note with the payment that has your ELB user name and which contest you want to be entered in. You may combine entries into one paypal (ex: send in $25 and be given one entry in each contest)

A BIG thank you goes out to the dealers who have offered to donate products to this to help support my VFD! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Current entries:

T-6s: 15

Cannons: 19

Cobra 600 or 800: 28

Last edited by a moderator:

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
foxtrot5 said:
So I'm thinking of doing a raffle or something for some NEW lights as a way to raise some money for my VFD. My question for ELB is what kind of lights would you most like to see raffled off? Keep in mind, things like full bars, interior bars, and other expensive or large items will cost more and require more entries before my VFD sees a profit from it.
. Ill give a couple grill lights Feniex t6 ok? Maybe a couple Apollo f6?

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
FEVER said:
. Ill give a couple grill lights Feniex t6 ok? Maybe a couple Apollo f6?

Give, as in donate? That would be freaking amazing since my original plan was to pay out of pocket for whatever then make the drawing once I recouped my cost and had extra to donate.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
foxtrot5 said:
Give, as in donate? That would be freaking amazing since my original plan was to pay out of pocket for whatever then make the drawing once I recouped my cost and had extra to donate.

Why not? Worthwhile cause. Not like you havn't bought enough to support me as a growing company. I've said before I got in this with the sole purpose of helping my brothers and sisters. F$*K profit if its for a good cause :thumbsup:

brndnstffrd

Jun 25, 2013
Connecticut
Not sure if it will be allowed here, but if it is, when the raffle starts you should find a way to let people purchase raffle tickets using like paypal or whatever, even if they just send it to your own account and you handle the rest/purchase the tickets for them. Im sure you would get at least a few people to donate/buy tickets from here.

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
My goal was to mainly market it to the ELB community since you guys know and understand the potential prize better than most. I will also be sending flyers out to other local FDs and what not.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
foxtrot5 said:
My goal was to mainly market it to the ELB community since you guys know and understand the potential prize better than most. I will also be sending flyers out to other local FDs and what not.

Let me know. If I can assist in any way I will. I will post it on the company facebook page as well to get you more exposure.

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
emtanderson51 said:
Legacy with the Sapphire.....why not shoot for the moon??? :cool: :crazy: :yes:

donated by MHQ? :thumbsup:

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
So it's looking like a 6-8 head stick is the fan favorite so far with grill lights being a close second. I've been contacted by FEVER who has graciously offered to donate, along with another Feniex dealer who has made a similar offer.

I think I'm going to end up with both a pair of grill lights (probably T-6s) AND a 6-8 head stick (cobra 600 or 800). That means two raffles, two winners, and some REALLY cheap lights.

I'm thinking a $5 entry/donation for the grill lights and a $10 entry/donation for the stick.

Contest "official" rules as set by yours truly:

1. With the exception of local public safety members, entrants must be members in good standing of ELB.
  5. The prize for the 600 or 800 will depend on the total number of entries. I need to ensure costs are covered.
  6. All entries will be kept confidential, but the total number of entries in each will be published.
  7. Drawings for both will be held on 09/30/13 at ~1900 EST. This may be subject to change for any/no reason.
  8. Winner agrees to have their name, voice, likeness, and/or first-born used to promote the up and coming JDI product line. :thumbsup:

MEVS06

May 23, 2010
San Antonio, TX
foxtrot5 said:

PM sent

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
MEVS06 said:

Joe has also offered to donate a pair of cannons in the color of the winner's choice. This brings us up to three raffles total.

One question for you guys, would you want me to mail out actual raffle tickets or just do a random drawing off of a list I keep? I figure I'm well trusted enough (I'd like to think) that no one would accuse me of favoring anyone.

Apr 28, 2013
New York/Mass
Although I trust you enough to just do it yourself, maybe for the sake of other people record yourself actually drawing the names, that way they can't claim anything.

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
foxtrot5 said:
Joe has also offered to donate a pair of cannons in the color of the winner's choice. This brings us up to three raffles total.

One question for you guys, would you want me to mail out actual raffle tickets or just do a random drawing off of a list I keep? I figure I'm well trusted enough (I'd like to think) that no one would accuse me of favoring anyone.

As long as I win the Cannons, I trust you to do the drawing!! :haha:

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
foxtrot5 said:

Easiest way I can think for you is to make a list of names for each raffle, then use a site like RANDOM.ORG - List Randomizer to create a list and it will randomize it... person on the top wins... Or since you have 3 different items, you can take the top 3 names. First person has his/her pick of one of the 3 prizes, second person has their choice of the remaining 2, and the third person gets the last one...

Also, I'd suggest videoing yourself when you "ramdomize" your list... That way people can's say that it was "fixed"...

Zapp Brannigan said:
As long as I win the Cannons, I trust you to do the drawing!! :haha:
brndnstffrd said:
I was thinking the same thing :haha:

+1... lol

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
I think three different raffles will be best. Give people more of an opportunity to win.

I'm going to officially open up the raffle now.

Entry for the T-6s is $5 per entry.

Entry for the Cannons is $10 per entry.

Entry for the Cobra 600 or 800 is $10 per entry.

Entry fees may be sent via paypal to g.foley.ems@gmail.com please include a note with the payment that has your ELB user name and which contest you want to be entered in. You may combine entries into one paypal (ex: send in $25 and be given one entry in each contest)

Watch the first post in this thread for total number of entries.

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
Marvin said:
Quick question. Are we sending it normal or gift for the sake of fees

PLEASE send normal. Technically you ARE purchasing a product, in this case a spot in the raffle!

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
Jared @ 911Lights said:
We've donated 50% off any order over $250 coupons via our grant program for raffles as long as the raffle proceeds benefit a non-profit. We have had a slow year for applications, I highly suggest you apply:

911Lights.com - Grant Program

-Jared

I appreciate it, and I'll keep it in mind. I think managing three raffles is enough for now. Depending on how successful these are I am already considering making this a regular event.

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
when you send the entry to me via paypal you MUST include your elb username in the message as well as which raffle(s) you want to be included in. any incomplete forms will simply have a refund issued.

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
tsquale added to the running!

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
foxtrot5 said:
So it's looking like a 6-8 head stick is the fan favorite so far with grill lights being a close second. I've been contacted by FEVER who has graciously offered to donate, along with another Feniex dealer who has made a similar offer.

I think I'm going to end up with both a pair of grill lights (probably T-6s) AND a 6-8 head stick (cobra 600 or 800). That means two raffles, two winners, and some REALLY cheap lights.

I'm thinking a $5 entry/donation for the grill lights and a $10 entry/donation for the stick.

Contest "official" rules as set by yours truly:

5. The prize for the 600 or 800 will depend on the total number of entries. I need to ensure costs are covered.
  6. All entries will be kept confidential, but the total number of entries in each will be published.
  7. Drawings for both will be held on 09/14/13 at ~1900 EST. This may be subject to change for any/no reason.
  8. Winner agrees to have their name, voice, likeness, and/or first-born used to promote the up and coming JDI product line. :thumbsup:

NBfirefighter3024 said:
what brand light would you raffle off?

Feniex is what I gathered from the earlier posts.

bluestinger90

Jun 5, 2010
BC / California
Feniex Industries customized by Jazz Dad Industries. The brightness will go up to 11 and put Whelen to shame.

foxtrot5 said:

Can you add this to the first post?

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
bluestinger90 said:
Feniex Industries customized by Jazz Dad Industries. The brightness will go up to 11 and put Whelen to shame.

Can you add this to the first post?

Done.

There are a limited number of entries at the moment, this could be your chance to pick up some good lights for cheap!

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
New entries received, current count updated!

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
With this few entries, your odds are good to win something... I'm surprised more people aren't interested. I would enter myself, but I don't want to be accused of rigging something if I were to win...

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
foxtrot5 said:
With this few entries, your odds are good to win something... I'm surprised more people aren't interested. I would enter myself, but I don't want to be accused of rigging something if I were to win...

How long is this going to run for...?

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
drawing will be held 9/30. I'm thinking of doing one item a month after that, but that depends on if this is successful or not...

Amanda

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
foxtrot5 said:
when you send the entry to me via paypal you MUST include your elb username in the message as well as which raffle(s) you want to be included in. any incomplete forms will simply have a refund issued.

I sent you a paypal for 30$ for 3 entries for the Cannons, but forgot to add my name, the email is @@, and this is my username.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caldwell205

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.