Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
EL1998P71 said:
Video doesn't play well on my end, I get about 2 sec's of video then it goes right to ended with replay options
Changed to a direct link

Maranos

May 21, 2010
Pacific Northwest, USA
I tried in VLC and Windows Media Player and got errors on both about the file being corrupted or damaged. :roll:

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
My guess is that it's a 6 volt motor, but that is just a wild guess.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
pdx911 said:
I tried in VLC and Windows Media Player and got errors on both about the file being corrupted or damaged. :roll:
It's a quicktime file. I'll try to get a better vide today

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
I opened it up it looks just like this inside

I assume this is 6v guts in 12 v housing...

Sirenman

May 25, 2010
Tucson, AZ USA
John,

As you can see from the name tag on the motor, this is definitely a 12 volt unit. It is not too fast, but rather the proper speed for the early motor and gear set up that it has. Let me say it again. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THIS LIGHT. IT IS A 12 VOLT UNIT. You can take that to the bank!!

John Dorgan

Peter F

May 21, 2010
Nova Scotia , Canada
Sorry John , I didnt know that there was 2 different models of that light . I just thought there was one speed .I know that mine is about half that speed. What time period would that light that John Marcson has be from? Thanks

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Sirenman said:
John,
As you can see from the name tag on the motor, this is definitely a 12 volt unit. It is not too fast, but rather the proper speed for the early motor and gear set up that it has. Let me say it again. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THIS LIGHT. IT IS A 12 VOLT UNIT. You can take that to the bank!!

John Dorgan

Thanks.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.