Aerodynic fixer-upper

May 21, 2010
Berlin, MI, 48002
I got this bar in a few months back. I believe it came from a lot I bought in Texas.
Finally got around to working on it. As you can see, it's well-used. I think they were almost ready to plant corn in all the dirt inside. & the extra speaker cover ventilation is...odd.
I took the domes off last night & got a lot cleaned, but, here's what I'm dealing with lol-

ra1.jpg ra2.jpg ra3.jpg

ra4.jpg

ra5.jpg

ra6.jpg ra7.jpg

ra8.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2013
PA
Hmm some kind of pre-emption device in the center maybe?

Reactions: JohnMarcson

Skulldigger

Aug 23, 2015
Georgia / USA
Mine looked just like that when I got it. Wet sanding and PlastX will do amazing things. it's going to look great !

May 21, 2010
Berlin, MI, 48002
Here it is...as finished as it's going to get for now. I had one red dome I re-made last year & used it on the driver's side. & re-made the passenger side one also when the glue started failing while wet sanding. I ended up breaking 5 out of 8 panels. They were a bit brittle to begin with & the small amount of super glue (I think) at the bottoms did it.
I wanted a blue dome for the passenger side, but, don't have the pieces to make one. So I went with red & added a rear outer amber panel.
It still needs some work, maybe a belt & I get some outer rotator shudder. Domes also need some more attention.
I also changed both the speaker covers front & rear & went with a 'fully' perforated front cover.

Was thinking about doing a LAFD type bar, but couldn't remember the dome config...

ra1.jpg
ra2.jpg
ra3.jpg
ra4.jpg
ra5.jpg

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Best thing I found that eliminates outer rotator shudder is well placed amounts of Vaseline (yes, you read that correctly). It will not dry out like white grease and lubricates well. I used it in my all my Aeros and the outsides never shuddered after.

denko3

Jul 31, 2010
SLOVENIA,EUROPE
Mike lafd setup is basic rear amber flashers,front steady red and red rotators.
Don't forget to use par36 bulbs model 4414 /18W for all end lights.
All options wired seperated.
Sometimes rear amber flashers were wired alternative,simulative or steady amber without flashers.
Even see on aero california bars rear flashers wired seperated on each 537 small flasher model so each par36 bulb wired on each flasher.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gasman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.