all kinds of lights

FireMedic129

Jul 19, 2011
Kentucky
EMT-BLS said:
I noticed the price jump on the 8 head Phaser. :sadcry: Any chance of a price reduction if I order 3 of the same light? :)

PM incoming!! i will get you taken care of

Nov 29, 2011
Opelika, AL
Hey guys, first I would really like to say thanks those who have spoken up on our behalf. Some of you I have spoken with and some I have not. Those who have mixed feeling about us and our products I still give you kudos!! You are simply speaking up from personal experiences and providing your experiences to other members. I completely understand that some are not a fan for the over overseas products and have have experienced their failure rates and poor quality. I would never defend that the overseas products are better than the major companies. I would not even declare that our products are better than the other brands and companies on the forum that have spoken up against us; Kudos to LED Outfitters and Strobes n More! I am not here to say we are any better. Simply, I just ask to you members and potential customers, to give us the opportunity to serve you with our products and services; being the second alternate for you lighting source needs. We too have been through so many different manufactures overseas trying to find the right one that would would provide us products worth selling to the general public. I can't even begin the calculate the amount of we have wasted on poorly designed products. One thing that I am sure of is our support and what we value for you allowing us to serve your needs.

I give kudos to every member on here and especially to all the vendors that have worked as hard as they have to get their company where it is now, even to you Mike :thumbsup: Instead of bashing each other, I see it as an opportunity for us vendors to become better and to stay in competition with each other in a rightful way. Not only in just pricing but in customer support and products. This gives the customer an ultimate advantage in deciding the right company. Staying in competition with each other would show our flaws and would allow us to improve in the areas that need improvement.

Remember the customer is the reason why we are still in business!!

Thanks all!!

ledguy

May 20, 2010
New York
Very well said. Maybe once you agree to remove the patent infringing products which I pm'd you about, then I will take you seriously.

FireMedic129

Jul 19, 2011
Kentucky
jmat1980 said:
Do you have any more specs on this lightbar? Dimensions? Pics of the back and the mounting bracket also...

How do you change flash patterns and operate the takedowns if equipped? I assume there is a switch on the back but I saw nothing that mentioned it. Also, what is the length of the wire between to passenger side and drivers side?

Thanks

PM incoming with all the information you are looking for!!

FireMedic129

Jul 19, 2011
Kentucky
EMT-BLS said:
Just placed an order. I'll post pics, vids, and a review as soon as i get them. Thanks, Erik!

Thank you, I am here to help and always available to answer any questions. Feel free to call, email, or PM any anytime!!

Dec 4, 2011
US NC
ledguy said:
So he basically paid 180 dollars for two fake talons. WOW

I am still amazed that you have time to bash another companies products, which are far superior to yours in my opinion, yet you can not take the time to respond to the customers that put money in your pocket. I can only hope that one day you are finally go out of business, because that seems to be the only way that you will ever stop scamming people.

To CPS Lighting; keep up the good work guys, and please ignore this jackwagon.

Nov 29, 2011
Opelika, AL
ledguy said:
So he basically paid 180 dollars for two fake talons. WOW

I guess if you really think about it . . . yeah he did. As I've said before, we are just a second alternative for anyone on a tight budget. I don't knock the Whelen brand products and I would never convince anyone that they should buy ours over the major brands like Whelen, they are great products!! We just essentially saved him some money, (2) Whelen Talons - $400 (about $200 each) with us (2) Dual Phaser 8 Window Mounts $172 ($86 each) including the high intensity led option. When he gets them in and does a honest review we'll see what he thinks about them. If whatever reason there is a defect or he simply does not like them then he'll get a full refund, I'll still shake his hand at the end of the day, and say thanks for the opportunity.

Mike, if you are interested, you can purchase one of our item(s) that we have in stock and do a review for us. I don't mind at all. Just contact with you payment info and I'll get it right out to you :thumbsup:

Nov 29, 2011
Opelika, AL
Nov 7, 2011
New England
firefighter7017 said:
I am still amazed that you have time to bash another companies products, which are far superior to yours in my opinion, yet you can not take the time to respond to the customers that put money in your pocket. I can only hope that one day you are finally go out of business, because that seems to be the only way that you will ever stop scamming people.

To CPS Lighting; keep up the good work guys, and please ignore this jackwagon.

:suicide:Agreed

tecster

Dec 1, 2011
Connecticut
CPS LED Lighting said:
I guess if you really think about it . . . yeah he did. As I've said before, we are just a second alternative for anyone on a tight budget. I don't knock the Whelen brand products and I would never convince anyone that they should buy ours over the major brands like Whelen, they are great products!! We just essentially saved him some money, (2) Whelen Talons - $400 (about $200 each) with us (2) Dual Phaser 8 Window Mounts $172 ($86 each) including the high intensity led option. When he gets them in and does a honest review we'll see what he thinks about them. If whatever reason there is a defect or he simply does not like them then he'll get a full refund, I'll still shake his hand at the end of the day, and say thanks for the opportunity.

Mike, if you are interested, you can purchase one of our item(s) that we have in stock and do a review for us. I don't mind at all. Just contact with you payment info and I'll get it right out to you :thumbsup:

That's what you call an honest businessman, although I will say because we have yet to have anyone return a product after unsatusfaction only time will tell if this holds up. Although you sir LEDGUY have alot of people that state you're not such a stand up guy...I for one am still waiting for an email back, well I shouldn't say waiting cause I know its not coming :)

EMT-BLS

Oct 28, 2011
Waterbury, CT
EMT-BLS said:
Just placed an order. I'll post pics, vids, and a review as soon as i get them. Thanks, Erik!
Unfortunately, I had to cancel my order. The funds became urgently needed elsewhere, so I contacted Eric to cancel. My money was refunded before I was off the phone with him, and I was able to use those funds for the emergency that came up. Thank Eric, I owe you one. For all those that are still apprehensive about CPS Lighting, this should reinforce your trust in these guys, they will assist you no matter what, and extremely fast. Amazing customer service!

ledguy

May 20, 2010
New York
noturbizniss said:
Whereas you sell 2 fake talons on your site (i.e. Traffic Enforcer L-2 @ Mini LED Light Bars : Emergency Vehicle Lighting : LED Dash Lights : Strobe Warning Lights : Used Truck Light Bars : Amber Emergency Light : LED Outfitters - Dash Lights :: Traffic Enforcer L-2) for 109.99 each for a total of $220.
Which is the better deal for a chinese light?

Yea, But the traffic enforcer L-2 isn't a knock off of the talon. It doesn't look like the tlon either. If you're going to buy a knock off talon, you might as well buy the real thing with a 5 year warranty for the same price. Also why wait three weeks until it comes from China?

That being said we'll wait for his review and see what he comes up with. I'm sure everyone will be surprised!

noturbizniss

Dec 6, 2011
New York
ledguy said:
Yea, But the traffic enforcer L-2 isn't a knock off of the talon. It doesn't look like the tlon either. If you're going to buy a knock off talon, you might as well buy the real thing with a 5 year warranty for the same price. Also why wait three weeks until it comes from China?

That being said we'll wait for his review and see what he comes up with. I'm sure everyone will be surprised!

Where can you get a real talon brand new for $80?

bwoodruff

Aug 8, 2011
Upstate NY
noturbizniss said:
Where can you get a real talon brand new for $80?

This.

If you could, then yeah, there would be no need for CPS to sell China lights. They have been very up front in saying Whelen makes an excellent product, and if you want a Talon and can afford to buy one, more power to you. If you are looking for a less expensive alternative, then maybe a China light from CPS is for you. I don't think anyone buying an $80 light expects to get a $200 light out of the deal.

BowersZach

Dec 19, 2011
United States Iowa
bwoodruff said:
This.

If you could, then yeah, there would be no need for CPS to sell China lights. They have been very up front in saying Whelen makes an excellent product, and if you want a Talon and can afford to buy one, more power to you. If you are looking for a less expensive alternative, then maybe a China light from CPS is for you. I don't think anyone buying an $80 light expects to get a $200 light out of the deal.

Thank you for standing up and saying what is true. We are not here to steal anyones business we are here to simply make the customers happy. If that means educating them on what we have learned or simply helping them buy one of our products. Remember Customer Satisfaction is what we aim for.

511unit4

Dec 16, 2011
Wilkes Barre, PA
I recently placed an order with CPS, that night I had recieved a call (that I was unfortunatley unable to take) from Keith about my order, what i'm using them for, etc. I had ordered lights and other equipment from other companies before and never had any contact like that. When my equipment arrives, I will be sure to take pictures and leave reviews for CPS.

fire1

Jun 5, 2011
Michigan
ledguy said:

As if you are going to tell everyone that none of your lights are made in China.

I will say you are right about this,

FireMedic129

Jul 19, 2011
Kentucky
ledguy said:

The enforcer L-2 might not look like a talon but this one sure does!!!

http://http://www.ledoutfitters.com/index.php?target=products&product_id=151

and thank you for calling/emailing all those people you did, They now know who i am and what i am trying to do (run an honest business and take care of my customers) and they couldn't be happier. One piece of advice next time don't let them figure out who you are:nono:. if you want some pointers let me know:thumbsup:

BowersZach

Dec 19, 2011
United States Iowa
FireMedic129 said:

and thank you for calling/emailing all those people you did, They now know who i am and what i am trying to do (run an honest business and take care of my customers) and they couldn't be happier. One piece of advice next time don't let them figure out who you are:nono:. if you want some pointers let me know:thumbsup:

And expensive!!!!!

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
FireMedic129 said:

I guess what it comes down to is matter of opinion. The AWL L18 (or SL20) doesn't resemble a Talon to me. The lenses are not as big, the L18 has 2 more LEDs, and the rear of the unit looks 100% different. Sure, both are a dual linear dash light, but that's about as far as it goes.

I think some are just apprehensive to your dash light because it is a replica to the Talon, and if you've been in the business long enough you've seen one too many crappy KO Talons! This is not to say that your dash light follows suit, I am just simply providing one possible explanation. I'm sure there have been some members on ELB who have ordered your products, and they can chime in with how they feel about the quality once they have tested them. I, for one, hope that time will show that your product is what you say it is. Consumers deserve a wide selection of products and vendors to buy from. Hopefully in the end we all have a like goal in this business; to provide emergency personnel with an alternative place to purchase quality and dependable lights from (as Keith has so often said).

May 22, 2010
New York City
the L18 does not look like a talon at all.......

if i was you, i would remove the whelen knockoffs from websites.....they love to send there lawyers on stuff like that....

give them a few days, they are on christmas break lol

VFRDCHIEF1601

Mar 26, 2011
Verbena, Alabama
I just recieved & installed my interior led lightbar on my 2000 Silverado Z71. I made a video but was unable to download it, I'll keep trying. Please keep in mind that I am nothing more than an under the shadetree installer on my own vehicles. My knowledge of installs & the how-it-works of lights are lacking.

The wait was long as I ordered it on the late afternoon of 11/17/2011 & recieved it USPS around 10am on 12/28/2011, but I knew upfront the wait would be long. I was kept up to date via email on the progress of the build & Keith even tried to call me at home a few times but unfortunatly I was never there to take his call & I never got around to calling him back.

This is my very first interior bar & I am very pleased with it, especially for what I will be using it for. I am a Volunteer Fire Chief & I have lights on my POV that is used "strictly" for stationary warning while onscene. I ordered the high intensity version because I was afraid the light wouldn't punch through the factory tint across the top of my windshield & I'm glad I did!! The high intensity seems to have no problem punching through the tint. I have tested them both in the day & night & I am impressed with both. The only real issue I had was the brackets as they didn't agree with my visor mounts. The brackets seemed a little flimsy but that actually made the modifications easier. Overall I am pleased with my purchase.

IMO: I have seen many threads on ELB bashing CPS over their products & I must say it seems a little childish. I do not know the owners in anyway, but it seems to me they are just a group of Public Safety Proffesionals, as many of us are, trying to make things easier on the individuals & agencies who don't have much of a budget while trying to make a few extra bucks for themselves. They have been upfront & honest about their products not being up to the standards as the major/name brand distributors, simply giving an alternative for those who wish to take it. The only thing I have really seen that other ELB's have already pointed out, is naming their lights after products that have already been copyrighted & maybe not up to speed on the rules & regulations of being a competative lighting company. Again, I am not an installer so I am not familiar with the rules & regulations myself. I say let them have a chance, they will either triumph or fail. If they are breaking the rules, they will get caught eventually. If you don't want to do business with them, don't. Personally I have liked what I have seen so far & will more then liklely do business with them again in the future. IMO

Jecfire

May 28, 2010
USA, Florida
ledguy said:

Yeah...... with a REAL 5 year warranty.......unlike the one you offer from LED Outfitters.

FireMedic129

Jul 19, 2011
Kentucky
911 said:
..they love to send there lawyers on stuff like that....

give them a few days, they are on christmas break lol

Not everyone at Whelen is on break!!! I talked to 2 different people at Whelen Tuesday and Wednesday. And one of the conversations was about the look a likes. Their main issue is when they are sold as real Whelen products.

The I see of your posts you are always defending mike at LED outfitters. That means you are either related to him or do business with him. I just hope you run a more ethical business that he does.

FireMedic129

Jul 19, 2011
Kentucky
we are getting ever closer to offering the first group buy!!! keep the voting coming so we can figure out what to offer first.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkelly

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.