all kinds of lights

raeburn

Apr 18, 2011
new england / USA
I'm half tempted to order one of their visor bars, but couldn't find a video of it in the daylight. Anyone who won't show their product in "real" conditions doesn't really seem like someone I'd want to supply warning lights for my vehicle....

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
I've never seen this site before. I'm guessing their products are mostly 0.5-watt LEDs since their prices are really really low

Last edited by a moderator:
May 21, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Just remember; you tend to get what you pay for. It might be good enough for secondary warning but I don't think I would trust it for primary.

For the record I'd like to note that company isn't related to my company :)

rcfd34

Oct 24, 2011
Illinois
I just mainly saw them for the low price and needed something to add to my jeep for rear warning light I got a full light bar but don't like to keep it running so I just basically needed it for on scene warning lights but if any one orders can you put up a video once you get them?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Nov 29, 2011
Opelika, AL

elite907

May 23, 2010
Indiana, USA
I had a former co-worker who had bought 1 of these supervisors in amber/white split.

And during the daytime it was still fairly bright, I was actaully impressed knowing that it was from China.

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
So, who wants to contact them and offer to 'officially' review an item or two for elightbars.org/forums?

ledguy

May 20, 2010
New York
tom said:
I've never seen this site before. I'm guessing their products are mostly 0.5-watt LEDs since their prices are really really low

Definitely .5watt leds. Or they are over driven which will lead to failure. Whats the warranty on this stuff?

carguy411

Oct 25, 2011
ny
JazzDad said:
So, who wants to contact them and offer t[EBAY][/EBAY]o 'officially' review an item or two for elightbars.org/forums?
Have to buy it

I would but how do we go about doing it. Do you still have to buy it or???

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
carguy411 said:
Have to buy it
I would but how do we go about doing it. Do you still have to buy it or???

Some organizations are sent a sample, which after the review are returned to the vendor. Some let the reviewer keep the item, hoping for a better review. (Can you say ethical?)

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
ledguy said:
Whats the warranty on this stuff?

Yes, I could not find that info in a quick perusal of their web site. Also, many of the items do not state their weather-resistance.

tecster

Dec 1, 2011
Connecticut
I think a review would be terrific, if this product turns out well I'm sure they will see an incredible increase in sales from this messaging board...that SuperVisor is EXACTLY what I'd like, and at that price - I think that I would be able to purchase a few more multiple items as well.

*Edit* As far as the question of weatherproofing - I read this... "Our Grill and Surface mount LED products are perfect to use when space is tight. Don't let these small products fool you. They provide huge lighting in those small places. Each item is waterproof and can be mounted inside or outside the vehicle. Each item comes as a complete unit with rubber gasket for mounting, black cover shroud, and mounting hardware."

carguy411

Oct 25, 2011
ny
I emailed the company to ask about a full product review. I will let all you know as soon as I hear something back

ac316scu

Nov 18, 2010
Westchester NY
I emailed the company about their products and received this back,

We would love for you to review of our products. This is great that the forum will allow members to do full reviews and post them up. I must ask though…why us? After a short bit of research it seems that there is a lot of negative feedback when it come to any products that are not made in the USA. Of course the first thing that comes in mind is quality and light output, which is understandable. As I certainly do not want to get into a big discussion about this, but even with the major companies their items are made overseas and are then assembled here in the US. We completely understand about the issue of quality. By no means would we put our products next to or above the major brands that are manufacturing their items in the US. We give two thumbs up to companies such as Whelen, Code 3, Federal Signal, etc. They have done an excellent job creating the products they have. Our company is based on prices. We do feel that we have the best products for PRICE. Our company reaches out to the individuals who are paying for the items out of pocket and/or for small departments with lower budgets. Here is an example that I would like to give…. take me. I am employed full time as a Deputy at our Sheriff’s Office. Our office will allow us to add additional lighting products if we want, but we have to pay for them out of pocket. Having a larger department, they have the funds available if they wanted to purchase a 4/6/8 head led stick from your major company for around $400+ (just throwing a number out there). I certainly don’t have that kind of money to spend on a light stick; however, I do have the funds to spend about $100 for a light stick, like our 8 head led stick. Again we are reaching out to the individuals paying out of pocket. There are many manufactures overseas that make some really crappy lighting. We have taken this on first hand as we went through so many of them trying to find the best products for price and quality. After months of ordering and wasting a lot of money, we found the company who we currently deal with. We do offer a warranty with our products. All of our items come with a 2 year warranty against manufacture defects. This warranty is what we provide. We offer either a replacement or a refund. As of now here is the biggest flaw to our company. We sell in volume and find it hard to keep items in stock. We allow for each product to be color customized to your exact specification. You may choose to have one single color, dual colors, or even multiple colors. You can choose to have the colors in any order you like. As a safety precaution, we state that the item could be a 3 week wait time before we ship the item. This is because if we don’t have all the color modules in stock then we have them shipped to us. If you are needing the item(s) ASAP then we are not the company to buy from. If you are willing to wait then we can provide the products to you. We offer the option of having standard (.5w) or high intensity (1w) LEDs. Through our research of ordering items from different companies, it seems that the visual effect of .5w is not the same. We have seen some brighter and most that I wouldn’t even dare to use for emergency lighting. Most of our continuing customers seem to stay with our standard lighting products vs high intensity. As the company Whelen is used sometimes mentioned by the customer as a comparison, we tell people that if you are wanting to compare Whelen light output with our products then you have to go with our high intensity LED upgrade. I would say that there is about a 35% reduction of light output from high intensity to standard. Someone mentioned in a post that if they ordered the item and it was junk could they return it… YES! As we have never had anyone want a refund because the light output was not bright enough for them. If we did though, we would of course send them a refund. Once again, if they are expecting Whelen type light output then they will need to go with our high intensity option. We have had the opportunity to serve many different types of agencies and individuals. I hope I have answered most of the general questions for everyone. Thanks! Keith

To sum it up, may take a month to receive order, 2 year warranty, and you can return the products if you feel they are junk, but select the high output option and you should be good.

kkets323

Oct 6, 2011
NY
Does the whelen's tir bulbs use 1 watt or .5 watt.? i might consider picking one of theses up and ill write a review..

FFParker

Jul 17, 2010
Aiken, SC
It shows a drop down to select standard or high intensity. I wonder if Kieth will join elb? It certainly would help his business, and after his humble words of reason and not saying " we are better than that high price crap!" I would buy his product, for two year warranty and a refund if I'm unhappy, the price is just right for my budget. Ill give him a shot come tax time!

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
That was a very well written reply from him. That, in itself, gives his company credibility in my book! I hope he joins the forum.

Domesttuner

Sep 23, 2011
USA, FL
I especially like how he not only had a good number of things to say about his competition, but that he took the time to do some research into the board and made it plain that he knows how demanding a lot of us are in products. I'll be giving them a try, if for no other reason than to vet them for my company's future use.

ac316scu

Nov 18, 2010
Westchester NY
So yesterday I called and spoke to Keith at CPS. He is a very nice guy who is more than willing to bendover backwards if something isn't right with your order. He reason why he started the company is to allow volunteers and small budget departments to get the emergency lighting they need at a low price. Also he had nothing but good things to say about his competitors and their products. As far as the lights go it will normally take 3 weeks for them to arrive at your door from when you place your order. Light output of his standard output lights is about 35% less than a Whelen light of the same kind, but if you pay a little extra and get the high output the intensity is exactly the same. I will definitely be buying some stuff from Keith in the near future and will let you guys know how everything works out.

Nov 29, 2011
Opelika, AL
ac316scu said:
So yesterday I called and spoke to Keith at CPS. He is a very nice guy who is more than willing to bendover backwards if something isn't right with your order. He reason why he started the company is to allow volunteers and small budget departments to get the emergency lighting they need at a low price. Also he had nothing but good things to say about his competitors and their products. As far as the lights go it will normally take 3 weeks for them to arrive at your door from when you place your order. Light output of his standard output lights is about 35% less than a Whelen light of the same kind, but if you pay a little extra and get the high output the intensity is exactly the same. I will definitely be buying some stuff from Keith in the near future and will let you guys know how everything works out.

Thanks for that! I always taking on the conversations with people. Sometimes I'm told that I talk too much, lol.

Nov 29, 2011
Opelika, AL
Nine29 said:
The products might be decent, but he needs serious help with his website...

LOL, I'll take all the help I can get.

Nov 29, 2011
Opelika, AL
Thanks everyone for the emails and calls! It was great to talk with you. I'm certainly looking forward to the reviews that you post up!!

Oh FYI.... our company is based on 5 of us who started the business; myself am with our local Sheriff's Office, another guy works with me, the other two are with the local police department, and the last guy with with the fire department. We all still retain our full time jobs while managing the shop. This is something that we have been doing for a while on our off days.

You guys have some really good vendors on here! Kudos to them!

Keith

FireMedic129

Jul 19, 2011
Kentucky
I have talked to keith at length the last few days as i have become a dealer for them. He is a pleasure to work with and will help any way he can ( even answering the phone while at work) From what i have seen so far from these products is nothing but awesome. I will be doing some reviews as i get different pieces in.

Nov 29, 2011
Opelika, AL
FireMedic129 said:
I have talked to keith at length the last few days as i have become a dealer for them. He is a pleasure to work with and will help any way he can ( even answering the phone while at work) From what i have seen so far from these products is nothing but awesome. I will be doing some reviews as i get different pieces in.

We are looking forward to it!! I try to be available whenever I can. I'm always up for a phone conversation too! Sometimes I wonder if I talk too much?!?!? lol

KAdams327

Oct 28, 2011
MI
I was very skeptical of this thread when it was posted at first, but seeing the communication that everybody has had with Keith, I have to say I'm actually impressed now.

Having said that and having seen some of the comments posted. I am going to offer up my help. My day job is tech support and I'd like to help out with the website. So, Keith pm me when you get a chance and we'll discuss further.

Also, I think I'll support the cause by buying some lights when I get a few extra $$.

EMT-BLS

Oct 28, 2011
Waterbury, CT
KAdams327 said:
I was very skeptical of this thread when it was posted at first, but seeing the communication that everybody has had with Keith, I have to say I'm actually impressed now.

Having said that and having seen some of the comments posted. I am going to offer up my help. My day job is tech support and I'd like to help out with the website. So, Keith pm me when you get a chance and we'll discuss further.

Also, I think I'll support the cause by buying some lights when I get a few extra $$.

+1!! I checked out his products, as soon as I get paid, I'm placing an order!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woobatu

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.