Anyone know what this is?

t24t1000

Feb 5, 2022
Fort Worth
Saw this in a YouTube video with a Core system. Looks like some kind of WeCanX module to attach multiple WeCanX devices. I’ve looked online but no luck.

I added the yellow arrow to module

Attachments

• 852FA453-7086-4F16-95F2-7598113E105D.jpeg
    852FA453-7086-4F16-95F2-7598113E105D.jpeg
    86.7 KB · Views: 44

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Saw this in a YouTube video with a Core system. Looks like some kind of WeCanX module to attach multiple WeCanX devices. I’ve looked online but no luck.

I added the yellow arrow to module
What type of vehicle is it? I see a havis toughbook mount, a charge guard, and a sierra modem on that rack too. Is it a vehicle specific interface?

I am used to seeing these as expansions
whelen_cem16__36014.1588259784.jpg

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
It was in a 2020 Ford PIU. I think I saw 3 or 4 of those CEM16s being used as well.

There are CEM16s over to the far right like you said. It is interesting, the only piece of equipment there I haven't messed with (besides the part in question) is the howler. There is an external siren amp so this is a dual tone system and this is the model of howler that actually has it's own tones built in, so I'm not sure. Going off of wire color (green and grey in a black shroud) and wire routing (hard to tell) it does seem to be involving the howler and external siren amp, but as far as finding it listed as a Whelen part, I'm not able to.

I left a comment on the video asking, we shall see if they reply.

Maybe a more professional way of sorting the wires for the sirens and howler, the pic below they used a simple terminal block.

FGA-4LUWUAQNApw.jpg

Last edited:

t24t1000

Feb 5, 2022
Fort Worth
There are CEM16s over to the far right like you said. It is interesting, the only piece of equipment there I haven't messed with (besides the part in question) is the howler. There is an external siren amp so this is a dual tone system and this is the model of howler that actually has it's own tones built in, so I'm not sure. Going off of wire color (green and grey in a black shroud) and wire routing (hard to tell) it does seem to be involving the howler and external siren amp, but as far as finding it listed as a Whelen part, I'm not able to.

I left a comment on the video asking, we shall see if they reply.

Maybe a more professional way of sorting the wires for the sirens and howler, the pic below they used a simple terminal block.

View attachment 234765
I saw your comment. If they don’t reply I might go crazy and contact them lol.

After zooming in, it looks like something maybe made in house.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
I saw your comment. If they don’t reply I might go crazy and contact them lol.

After zooming in, it looks like something maybe made in house.
Yeah, I think it's a custom organizer for the control wires for the auditory warning.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio

sykoball01

Apr 14, 2016
Texas
Looks to be a custom printed pcb board and a 3d printed enclosure. Funny, I actually just ordered some customs pcbs yesterday that I designed for an upcoming build in order to do the same thing.

Reactions: JohnMarcson

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RetLt2020

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.