Anyone recognize this lightbar?

Wheels

May 23, 2010
El Paso, Texas
Pretty excited for it. Never seen one with three rotators before.
I'm excited to see it as well! Not bad for $34 bucks!

Well here's a sneak peak at the one I'm trying to get my hands on. I have no idea what the options are on this bar but all I know is that is has red/blue colored lenses to the front and rear, amber lenses to rear (flashers possibly) and clear windows to the front (takedowns possibly). I will update again soon.

ai31.photobucket.com_albums_c357_saleenxp8_trail_zps034d2367.jpg

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
I NEVER thought I could say this about one of THESE lightbars, but...

It has the wrong endcaps! :D

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
Maybe its the mythed trailblazer with rotator option? Lol

Nope nevermind its got the speaker section, my bad
Nice try though ;)

I have a picture of a Trailblazer with a rotator in the middle, somewhere..............................

TAH DAH! Based on the layout, this would be ordered as an SR-181 bar (the second largest one) but with a rotator option.

4ab2_1.JPG

4db3_1.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA

Well here's a sneak peak at the one I'm trying to get my hands on. I have no idea what the options are on this bar but all I know is that is has red/blue colored lenses to the front and rear, amber lenses to rear (flashers possibly) and clear windows to the front (takedowns possibly). I will update again soon.

That would be a great score at any price, really! Keep us updated!

Reactions: Wheels

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX

Really nice and unusual with the air horns. Must be some place where sirens aren't allowed.  If you bring it back to TX, I'd expect to see a siren,too.

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
The lightbar is really effective when it's tilted up so it warns truckers but not other traffic..... :crazy:

Reactions: Skip Goulet

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
My new mini arrived yesterday. It is original with the three rotators and not a home brew. Needs some cleaning up but that will come after the holidays with photos to follow

Reactions: Skip Goulet

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
You cannot even begin to imagine the horrible names I am calling you right now.

Reactions: tsquale

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
SO...

Now that more of these lightbars are popping up here, can somebody rich (cough tsquale cough) PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE find someone/someplace that will reproduce the endcaps?!?!?!?!?

I need two pair, both of my sets are yellowed and the holes are all cracked/broken.

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
SO...

Now that more of these lightbars are popping up here, can somebody rich (cough tsquale cough) PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE find someone/someplace that will reproduce the endcaps?!?!?!?!?

I need two pair, both of my sets are yellowed and the holes are all cracked/broken.

You clearly missed that I only paid $34 shipped! ;) So it didn't press the budget too bad. 

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
You clearly missed that I only paid $34 shipped! ;) So it didn't press the budget too bad. 
No, I noticed that....

And every single other light/siren related purchase you make and post on here! :D

toon80

May 24, 2010
Laval, Canada
I use this thread to find out what lightbar this is

attachicon.gif
1606436_10152048370317830_1923483578_o.jpg

Maybe Wisconsin?
This looks like the hard-to-find Whelen 6000 lightbar.

This bar has been discussed a few times. Take a look here: 

Reactions: tsquale and 7d9_z28

wmreader

Aug 3, 2012
ETex
Definitely not Wisconsin in that era. The lightbar would've been all/red or red/blue. I don't think there was any all/blue law enforcement lighting there in the 70s. At first glance my thought was Vermont State Police. But the yellow hood nixes that.
It's Vermont. I enlarged the pic and the license plate says it and the door logo is correct.

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
Yet another agency used the 6000 and STILL no more pop up into the public eye. There's, what, like one complete one known?

I predict Eric and Tony will find a couple, Eric will find one NOS in the original box but wont make us a video, and Tony will find one a little weathered and missing a couple parts inside but he will make it work.

Sound right? :D

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
Yet another agency used the 6000 and STILL no more pop up into the public eye. There's, what, like one complete one known?

I predict Eric and Tony will find a couple, Eric will find one NOS in the original box but wont make us a video, and Tony will find one a little weathered and missing a couple parts inside but he will make it work.

Sound right? :D
Sounds about right haha. Just wait until tomorrow. Won't be posting about a 6000, but another hard to find, near new bar should arrive.

Reactions: 7d9_z28

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
Sounds about right haha. Just wait until tomorrow. Won't be posting about a 6000, but another hard to find, near new bar should arrive.
MF.

wmreader

Aug 3, 2012
ETex
I had a 6000 with a clear one piece dome back in the mid 1980s. It was in my garage on a shelf awaiting a better place to put it and imagine my horror when I came in one day and discovered the shelf had fallen from the wall and the bar was lying on the concrete floor. The dome literally shattered and I checked with Whelen for a replacement and was stunned at the $100 plus cost, so I removed the internals and junked the rest. Of course, knowing what I know now, it would have been in a much safer place and It would probably be the showpiece of my collection today. Remember, the bar wasn't very old yet and this time period was several years before the internet and elightbars and I was just starting out being interested in lighting.

Hindsight is a cruel reminder.

Last edited by a moderator:

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
The domes were the bane of the Whelen 6000.  Expensive and not particularly durable.

wmreader

Aug 3, 2012
ETex
Yep, that dome literally shattered into several small pieces on one end, but there were large cracks extending all the way across to the other end on what was left of it. Little did I know back then how rare those bars were going to be and I always get bummed when I think about it. I suspected my cat jumped up on it and caused it to fall, since that shelf was decently anchored (or so I thought), and it shouldn't have just collapsed.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htamboli

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.