Arjent SL LEDs -- Intensity and other LED options question(s)...

tenko

Dec 10, 2021
Nebraska
Hi!

Storm spotter here (yay?). So according to state law, I have to have all ambers in my Arjent SL. Restored/reconfigured one this last autumn/winter and it's been on my truck since.

Showed a local volunteer fireman who was interested in seeing it flash, since he had one as well (back in the day) and wasn't very impressed by the LED output. At night it's not bad (at least to my eyes)... but during the day in the shade, he thought the LEDs were giving out 30% intensity (night mode).

Now from what I know (and within the documentation), the SL does not have a night mode... the S2 does however (as I remember -- which I do not have).

...so question: Am I missing some hidden night setting on the SL??? It'd be hard to miss, if that is the case, since the circuitry is pretty simplistic.

...and the second question: Are there any newer (or even brighter) LED pod replacements out there for the Arjent SL's (two wire, six LED version)? I tried contacting the local FS rep and it seems like I wasn't good enough for a reply back :/ .

Anywho, thanks much to anyone in advance for any replies!

May 21, 2010
Minnesota
The Solaris modules have a fairly narrow vertical hot spot. If you are standing close to it and not at eye level it will look dim. I have only seen the 2 wire dummy heads and non dimmable flashers in the SL bars. My other thought is the clarity of the domes where the light shines through. Dirty, hazed and scratches can defiantly effect light output.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.