Awesome Whelen bar on Vintage police car on dabay!

JennyCop

Jan 19, 2012
Sunny Arizona
I juts came across this police car replica with an awesome Whelen Lightbar, for sale by our good buddy texastimemachine on ebay. Check out those double sided Par 46 Can lights! Are those original Whelen products too??? If they are, I want some! I mean I'd love to have the whole bar but I would settle for the cans for now!

heres the link:Dodge : Other SHERIFF | eBay

$(KGrHqN,!p8FC4Jn,EklBQv!QtM9zg~~60_12.jpg

$(KGrHqN,!hMFCwfIm0RtBQv!QvFKww~~60_12.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Wigwam700

May 25, 2011
New York Adirondacks US
JennyCop said:
I juts came across this police car replica with an awesome Whelen Lightbar, for sale by our good buddy texastimemachine on ebay. Check out those Par 46 Can lights! Are those original Whelen products too??? If they are, I want some! I mean I'd love to have the whole bar but I would settle for the cans for now!
heres the link:Dodge : Other SHERIFF | eBay

Yes those are Beautiful Cans on a Nice Unit!! ;)

Wigwam700

May 25, 2011
New York Adirondacks US
lotsofbars said:
Best part: "This car will come without a lightbar . . ."

That's like having toast without the butter!! :( :no:

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
lotsofbars said:
Best part: "This car will come without a lightbar . . ."

Beautiful lightbar and car, but the car predates the introduction of this particular lightbar by 8 years, so it's not period correct for a restoration.

JennyCop

Jan 19, 2012
Sunny Arizona
Hoser said:
Very Nice Jenny, let us know what you find out.
ok, so I recieved a message back from texastimemachine, he stated that he is not willing to part with the Whelen bar or any parts off it. He continued that the buyer of the car will have several other choices to choose from.

rick h. said:
Jenny You can always buy the car and put that beautiful lightbar that you just received on it. It would look fantastic
Haha...agreed but Nope, I already have a REAL vintage Mopar Police car! I don't have room for another, these things are huge! Plus my lightbar is in way too nice of condition (near NOS) to be placed atop a car and risk getting damaged by flying road debris, UV rays and weather. Its going to stay inside a display case, where it will be safe and sound.

My Mopar Police car is no replica it is a Factory Police Pursuit 1974 Dodge Monaco with the 440cu V8, Retired Marin County CA Sheriff's car. It will be sporting a Mars bar one day, Just not Cyril's CFD bar.

$T2eC16R,!y0E9s2S6chjBQLG3pZ7pw~~60_57.jpg

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
Looks like a 69 or 70 Dodge Polara. The very first police car I saw in real life looked like that, only it was all black. It had a red Federal CJ184 speaker/light on the roof and Federal PA15A series 1D electronic siren (the one with the deep slow rising low-pitched wail and yelp tones).

JennyCop

Jan 19, 2012
Sunny Arizona
Wailer said:
I see a speaker on the roof, but no siren in the car.

you are correct there is no siren in the car. I believe the lightbar was only placed on the car for the pictures, to grab attention.

badge22

Aug 14, 2010
MI, United States
I just had an orgasm.

JennyCop

Jan 19, 2012
Sunny Arizona
So......no one has answered me if the can lights are indeed Whelen Products?

dmathieu

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
S.W. New Hampshire, USA
JennyCop said:
So......no one has answered me if the can lights are indeed Whelen Products?

They do look like Whelen double sided Par 46 "D" heads.

If so, they are polished, which was not standard, but the other bases look polished also. This could have been done by the owner, or was, I believe, an option offered by Whelen.

The bulbs are incandescent. IIRC, Whelen offered these heads with strobe only, so these may have been changed out by the owner, or ordered as housings only.

Can any of you older guys out there confirm what I remember?

Sarge619

Jul 19, 2011
Central Massachusetts
JennyCop said:
ok, so I recieved a message back from texastimemachine, he stated that he is not willing to part with the Whelen bar or any parts off it. He continued that the buyer of the car will have several other choices to choose from.

Haha...agreed but Nope, I already have a REAL vintage Mopar Police car! I don't have room for another, these things are huge! Plus my lightbar is in way too nice of condition (near NOS) to be placed atop a car and risk getting damaged by flying road debris, UV rays and weather. Its going to stay inside a display case, where it will be safe and sound.

My Mopar Police car is no replica it is a Factory Police Pursuit 1974 Dodge Monaco with the 440cu V8, Retired Marin County CA Sheriff's car. It will be sporting a Mars bar one day, Just not Cyril's CFD bar.

I am sooooo envious Jenny!! An Honest-to-God '74 Monaco with the "King Kong" 440! "It's got cop shocks, cop brakes, and it's the year before catalytic converters so it does well on regular gas......" :D

I'd take that '76 or '77 Plymouth Gran Fury sitting next to it in a heartbeat!

Sarge619

Jul 19, 2011
Central Massachusetts
Wailer said:
Looks like a 69 or 70 Dodge Polara. The very first police car I saw in real life looked like that, only it was all black. It had a red Federal CJ184 speaker/light on the roof and Federal PA15A series 1D electronic siren (the one with the deep slow rising low-pitched wail and yelp tones).

Good eye Wailer... the one on eBay is a 1970 Polara.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htamboli

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.