Best way to mount to headliner

Mattdecker

Hello all,

I have 2 dual Whelen Talons I’m planning on mounting on my headliner.

Trouble is, I’m having issues figuring out how to mount them.

I currently have these brackets pictured. But the problem with them is, it doesn’t matter how I bend them or mount them on my headliner, the light is crooked or angled to the front “corners” of the truck.

Any ideas on how to mount them? Truck is a ‘14 Silverado.

Attachments

Cleaning Traffic

Silver Supporter
Hello all,

I have 2 dual Whelen Talons I’m planning on mounting on my headliner.

Trouble is, I’m having issues figuring out how to mount them.

I currently have these brackets pictured. But the problem with them is, it doesn’t matter how I bend them or mount them on my headliner, the light is crooked or angled to the front “corners” of the truck.

Any ideas on how to mount them? Truck is a ‘14 Silverado.
Although the Talon is an obsolete light, they were VERY light, meaning decent suction cups would secure these just fine at the very top of the windshield. I don't see attaching directly to the headliner as an option without severe modifications, resulting in possibly damaging your headliner. Whelen does make visor and rear view mirror bracket mounts for the Avenger. Maybe you can mod one of these to fit the Talon.

OP
OP
Mattdecker

Mattdecker

Although the Talon is an obsolete light, they were VERY light, meaning decent suction cups would secure these just fine at the very top of the windshield. I don't see attaching directly to the headliner as an option without severe modifications, resulting in possibly damaging your headliner. Whelen does make visor and rear view mirror bracket mounts for the Avenger. Maybe you can mod one of these to fit the Talon.
I thought about mounting to the glass with VHB tape but idk how well that’d work. I wouldn’t mind trading for a cheaper ILB if I could but haven’t found anything.

The talon I have on the passenger side is pretty straight and level but it’s sitting around an inch or so away from the windshield so it creates a lot of flashback.

Cleaning Traffic

Silver Supporter
I thought about mounting to the glass with VHB tape but idk how well that’d work. I wouldn’t mind trading for a cheaper ILB if I could but haven’t found anything.

The talon I have on the passenger side is pretty straight and level but it’s sitting around an inch or so away from the windshield so it creates a lot of flashback.
This light is without the flash shield I am assuming?

C17LVFD

There’s a thread here about using heavy duty coat hangars. A lot of people have had good success with them and being able to level them as needed. Might be worth a search.
Good luck,
Seth

OP
OP
Mattdecker

Mattdecker

There’s a thread here about using heavy duty coat hangars. A lot of people have had good success with them and being able to level them as needed. Might be worth a search.
Good luck,
Seth
Yeah, I’d read that post too. May give it a try if I can’t get these brackets to fit.

Im waiting to hear back if someone is going to buy the 2 dash lights from me. I’ve got my eye on a Code 3 supervisor in all red for $75 local to me.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Unanswered questions
Members
Latest member
Littleman1109
Top Bottom