Boston MIT shooting

Fluffy126577

May 24, 2010
Toledo, OH
At 0822hrs, Boston Police Department did an all call to every officer and channel;

The suspect they have "in custody" (the deceased perp) was confirmed to have a trigger rigged to him, that leads them to believe, that he was wearing a suicide vest that did detonate. They are advising that the outstanding is possibly in the same situation. They advised them to use extreme caution if they approach anyone who resembles the outstanding.

Again, this was confirmed via live feed from Boston Police Department.

Fluffy126577

May 24, 2010
Toledo, OH
Multiple units deploying to location. What sounds like some massive noise, maybe explosion, tactical team is there now. As I am typing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fluffy126577

May 24, 2010
Toledo, OH
The live feed is saying that the suspect is saying online; unknown how/where it was listed;

"I will kill you all, as you have killed my brother"

cbpdogboy

May 23, 2010
Detroit, MI
Not trying to take away from the seriousness of this situation, but the videos on cnn have alot of nice vehicle installs and some not so much with the split fail... ;)

FSEP

Nov 11, 2012
DE
cbpdogboy said:
Not trying to take away from the seriousness of this situation, but the videos on cnn have alot of nice vehicle installs and some not so much with the split fail... ;)

I was about to say the same thing. Some of them almost have idea right, slow and synced in the back, but then they put red and blue right next to each other. Ugh. However, I've seen a couple cruisers with some really interesting patterns.

strobecrazy

Apr 27, 2011
GA,ATL
Apparently,

Broadcastify

MA State PD and Boston Police have requested via social media to not post search locations for the Boston bombing suspects - Boston area law enforcement feeds are temporarily offline due to this request.

Mayebe that is why the site is loading faster now.

badge22

Aug 14, 2010
MI, United States
cbpdogboy said:

I seen a Whelen FastTrax... :D

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
@Breaking911: FATHER: Suspects' father warns ‘all hell will break loose’ if son killed.

@Breaking911: Boston bombing suspect's uncle: 'Turn yourself in, and ask forgiveness' from the victims.

@Breaking911: BREAKING: Mass. State Police say current police activity in #Watertown NOT connected to #Boston bombing suspect(s).

HFD eng1ine

Jul 27, 2010
Essex County. MA
I dont know about anyon else but I'll honestly say this is seriously scary living so close to Boston. Our entire state is on hold

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
Irsh42 said:
Cornel of Massachusetts State Police: there will be a controlled explosion later today within a house secured by police.

im guessing you mean colonel?

Image594.gif

thats how it's spelled even though it doesn't sound that way...

FreshDave04

Jun 30, 2010
Elkhart, IN
Sadly, some people are not abiding by law enforcement's request not to publish their scanner feeds. This guy could still have information of active operations.

blairian

Sep 22, 2011
Texas
FreshDave04 said:
Sadly, some people are not abiding by law enforcement's request not to publish their scanner feeds. This guy could still have information of active operations.

Can't believe that. I believe in freedom of the press and all, but you're risking lives senselessly.

badge22

Aug 14, 2010
MI, United States
blairian said:
Can't believe that. I believe in freedom of the press and all, but you're risking lives senselessly.

I agree. In the interest of public safety stop the feed and record the activity. In the interest of the 1st Amendment, play recordings later.

FreshDave04

Jun 30, 2010
Elkhart, IN
I'm not going to post the link to the feed I'm listening to. That would be irresponsible. One of the latest updates, though; Cambridge Police have contacted EOD - they state one of their officers "has relation to the target," unknown if that's by family or friend. They're requesting some sort of EOD contact as a result.

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
To reflect chronological change, I dropped the "Happening NOW" from thread title.

HFD eng1ine

Jul 27, 2010
Essex County. MA
They have second suspect surrounded in a backyard in a boat. Just heard 8-10 more explosions

emtanderson51

Apr 9, 2011
USA Massachusetts
suspect 1 dead.....yay 2nd suspect is right behind him......if not already dead.....heartfelt sorrow for MIT PD and the MBTA PD...

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
Suspect in custody.

Fluffy126577

May 24, 2010
Toledo, OH
Boston P.D. tweets suspect in custody.

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
crescentstar69 said:
Good, put his legs into a wood chipper so he can feel what his victims went through.

Better yet how about det cord so he knows what it's like to have them blown off.

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
crescentstar69 said:
Good, put his legs into a wood chipper so he can feel what his victims went through.

Thats what I said. Cut his legs off and let all living victims punch him in the face and spit on him.

But alas, he will get a fair trial, plead insane, etc etc...

CPDG23

Oct 17, 2011
Ohio
ems60 said:
Amazing response by all local, state and federal agencies. 5 days from terrorist act to capture, proud to be from Massachusetts. Now get the chair ready.

Not to take away from those involved but.... No one had a clue who these two clowns were before they decided to knock off a 7-11.

What kind of Busch league rookie terrorist makes robbing a 7-11, murdering a police officer, and then getting in a running shootout with police part of his exit plan?

That tells me these guys had no training, no organization backing, no funding, no nothing.... In other words, don't be so fast to pat state and federal agencies on the back, these idiots fell into their lap and they got lucky.

HFD eng1ine

Jul 27, 2010
Essex County. MA
CPDG23 said:
Not to take away from those involved but.... No one had a clue who these two clowns were before they decided to knock off a 7-11.

What kind of Busch league rookie terrorist makes robbing a 7-11, murdering a police officer, and then getting in a running shootout with police part of his exit plan?

That tells me these guys had no training, no organization backing, no funding, no nothing.... In other words, don't be so fast to pat state and federal agencies on the back, these idiots fell into their lap and they got lucky.

Um......seriously? We had pictures of the guys far before the robbings, so dont be so quick to jump down my City's throat. SWAT and police officers searched almost every house of an entire city. I dont think I'm alone when I say they a deserve quite the pat on the back.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkelly

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.