Can anyone date this beacon ??

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
I'm married, so I can't. :duh:

ford-dealer

Sep 2, 2010
San Antonio
Depends on the size of her "Dome"........ :cool: Does she have a sister?

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
I hate to continue this off topic debauchery, but..

The dual XL's I saw the other day looked great ;) :thumbsup:

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
diggerdug.517 said:
Federal Model 17-D, serial number 2N48D8 I think it's an oldie !
thanks

It's not always what you say, it's how you say it. :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Seriously, model 17 ser 2N48D8 would be a model 17D from 1958. That does mean it should have the smaller diameter dome, not the larger dome for 4-bulb Beacon Rays or any Beacon Ray made from 1968 through the end of production.

diggerdug.517

Sep 20, 2010
Michigan
stansdds said:
It's not always what you say, it's how you say it. :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Seriously, model 17 ser 2N48D8 would be a model 17D from 1958. That does mean it should have the smaller diameter dome, not the larger dome for 4-bulb Beacon Rays or any Beacon Ray made from 1968 through the end of production.

Thanks for the info and saving my thread ! I was laughing way to much !!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkelly

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.