Can anyone identfy this light?

Skulldigger

Aug 23, 2015
Georgia / USA
Looking through some old photo's and I ran up on this one from 1957. This truck marked with a Civil Defense symbol is actually a fire utility truck and is with other similar trucks, but the rest have Model 17's.

1957 Dekalb CD.JPG

NESQ115

Jan 21, 2012
New York
That's sure a rare one. Looks similar to a Trippe Manufacturing revolving light in this ad, although possibly with a different base. The Ford pickup is a '48-'50. I'm not sure when this Trippe light was first introduced, but the ads is from '54.

Attachments

• 1954 Trippe Revolving Warning Emergency Light Ad.jpg
    1954 Trippe Revolving Warning Emergency Light Ad.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 13
Reactions: Tony P

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
NESQ115 is correct. They also made a spotlight varient. Since this is a Civil Defense truck, I could see it being either. They used identical housings but the spotlight had a handle that would go down through the roof in to the cab to turn the reflector in the housing. Pretty neat stuff.

Skulldigger

Aug 23, 2015
Georgia / USA
You guys are good and quick! Im going to have to put that on my search list. Never seen one. Thanks !

jph2

Apr 21, 2012
USA Michigan
I don't think it's the TrippLite. I remember a light shaped like that from when I was a kid in the 60s and it had a metal housing with only the lens in red (it was on a fire truck). Skulldigger's pic also looks like a fully metal housing whereas the TrippLite looks to have a plastic top.

Unfortunately, I have no idea what the light is and don't know of any alternatives to the TrippLite..

marslights_IL

May 28, 2012
IL
I don't think it's the TrippLite. I remember a light shaped like that from when I was a kid in the 60s and it had a metal housing with only the lens in red (it was on a fire truck). Skulldigger's pic also looks like a fully metal housing whereas the TrippLite looks to have a plastic top.

Unfortunately, I have no idea what the light is and don't know of any alternatives to the TrippLite..

It is a Tripplite. There are two variations. Lens on top, or all metal body.

Reactions: JennyCop

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragnarok

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.