Can Anyone Identify This Siren?

twodogs603

Sep 7, 2011
Norfolk,VA
Im pretty sure thats an early PA300 from the late 80's. We had them in our cars. The wail is a dead giveaway. The PA300's today dont sound like that.

FCV96

May 8, 2013
Queens, NY
Thanks for the replies, everyone. The older PA300s and their silver faceplates are pretty awesome - one day I'll have to hunt one down. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
I hate it when guys fiddle with the manual button when demoing wail and yelp tones on an electronic siren. I have no idea what the tones sound like when they do that.

Anyway, the sirens in the Houston cops video sound like early PA300s - either the silver face version or the very early black face version (manufactured before 1990).

The low-pitched yelp may be due to a worn out capacitor in the siren oscillator circuit.

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
Wailer said:
I hate it when guys fiddle with the manual button when demoing wail and yelp tones on an electronic siren. I have no idea what the tones sound like when they do that.

Anyway, the sirens in the Houston cops video sound like early PA300s - either the silver face version or the very early black face version (manufactured before 1990).

The low-pitched yelp may be due to a worn out capacitor in the siren oscillator circuit.

I agree with you...early 300! I had one and didn't like it. Replaced it with the newer-version SVP SA400 at the time.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caldwell205

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.