Carlos SpicyWeiner's STILL Never-Ending Comment Contest

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
Coming from the man that calls his tonka toy a "man's truck"..................
Shush your face!!!  LoL

I think I like the way the new ones look
I like the new ones...  Agreed, that the headlights are funky, but you don't notice it as much with a darker color...  Regardless, I'd take one...  lol

jmccarthy

Nov 9, 2013
ne ohio
My local PD just put an F150 out on patrol. Not sure if its a SSV package or not though.
I know the county sheriff where I live has a blacked out one that they use as an unmarked vehicle the only way you can tell is the rear window decals in the corner that look like the graphics on the marked units

Dec 4, 2011
US NC
It's the first real patrol truck I've seen around here. Another town close by has a truck, but it's just a 90's model Chevy 1500 with a Vector on top. It isn't even marked. They bring it out in bad weather, otherwise it just sits behind the PD.

I don't really know why my town bought the F150. We don't get enough bad weather around here to warrant having it IMO.

Dec 4, 2011
US NC
Not really any rural areas in their district. They are surrounded by rural farm land, but County PD handles all that.

And yes, it appears they are using it on routine patrol. I've seen it around town several times. This is a newly formed PD, and the Chief seems to be fond of spending money. All new Chargers for everyone, the truck, and a very nicely equipped Utility that's been blacked out for him as a take home vehicle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 4, 2011
US NC
He was starting fresh, so I understand needing to spend the money. I don't understand him spec'ing out a $25,000 SUV with a $2,000 lighting package for him to drive to work and back. I've never seen the man on patrol or out on a call.

jmccarthy

Nov 9, 2013
ne ohio
Well luckly our cheif just had his personally owned impala up fitted with lights paid for by the twp so I guess that isn't too bad

Dec 4, 2011
US NC
Maybe I'm just an asshole, IDK. It's just frustrating when the PD is spending all this money on new toys, and the FD had to pull teeth for three years to replace an apparatus, and are still trying to pull teeth to buy extrication equipment.

Did I mention that they just annexed in a major highway, making it part of the fire district, and they don't have any extrication tools? :hopeless:

Dec 4, 2011
US NC
Nope. My department runs all MVA's with them so they will have some if they need them. I think they -may- have purchased a single Combi tool and portable pump recently, but it isn't on the truck yet.

jmccarthy

Nov 9, 2013
ne ohio
Hm thats odd my department dosent get alot of mvas with entrapment but on our new rescue pumper we just speced out and ordered we got all new genesis tools spreaders ram cutters and a smaller set of pedal cutters airbags and stabilizer bars for extracation. But there is always a possibility because we have two major highways and a major interchange in our district

Dec 4, 2011
US NC
They purchased the newest apparatus used and bare-bones, so they switched over all the old equipment into the new rig. It's one big clusterfuck over there, both with equipment and quality of members.

justavillain

Mar 7, 2013
Grand Rapids
We have everything you listed on the heavy and really just the cribbing (the fancy plastic stuff) and tools get used. Unless the car is down in a deep ditch the rsq Jacks dont get used.

They're awesome for rural rescue in barns and farm equipment due to weight and awkward size/weight

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
I kinda like how this thread has become a total catch all for conversations. Maybe after I end this one today I should start another?

Reactions: Skippy
Dec 4, 2011
US NC
We're a rural department, with a lot of farm land and machinery for people to get tangled up in. I would trade those tools for anything now that we have them.

Dec 4, 2011
US NC
We do pretty decent on our response times. We've got a part-time paid staff M-F 0800-1630, and a good diversity of people working different shifts. We can get 8-10 on scene within 5-10min on most days.

jmccarthy

Nov 9, 2013
ne ohio
We have 24 7 medics on staff and all ff and rescue are vollies but me my dad and 5 other guys live within a 1/4 mile of the station so we usually get like a 3-5 min response time out of the vollies

GPC

Oct 17, 2010
North Carolina
I am bored and this thread entertains me. 

Dec 4, 2011
US NC
We've got a core group of 4-5 people that live that close. Most are within 2-3 miles out, and I'm the farthest out at 6 miles. I never make a truck.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
covert

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.