Carlos SpicyWeiner's STILL Never-Ending Comment Contest

jmccarthy

Nov 9, 2013
ne ohio
I always make truck. Its nice living that close and running red to the station makes it even quicker. Even though im the youngest guy on the dept and the most inexperienced lol

Dec 4, 2011
US NC
If I don't hit any traffic, I can usually make second out. Depending on where it is in the district, I'll also just say screw it and go POV. My department gives me hell for my lighting, but they sure love using my car to block a road off.

justavillain

Mar 7, 2013
Grand Rapids
I work all 3 stations lol. I live near our station 3 and get there non code or code no difference in response time. Station 2 when I'm at the farm and no issues no need for code but those 2 stations are rural. But station 1 is near the suburbs and all the stores (walmart ect) So the traffic load is a lot higher and code is needed.

I only run to station 1 if a pi drops out of my district I'll catch the heavy or the engine for station 1.

With POC it's all a game of call volume (1200/yr) and available staff. We can usually get 3-5 for a medical during the week but this time of year we're lucky to get 9 or 10 for a fire. (happened last week I was the EO, and IC at the same time)

Last edited by a moderator:

jmccarthy

Nov 9, 2013
ne ohio
I have one intersection that I always catch the red at and I only run code for high priority calls ie structure fire mva with injury or entrapment and things lime that

Dec 4, 2011
US NC
We can have red/clear/amber lights, no audible warning. We are asking, politely, for the general public to yield to us. But we can't exceed the speed limit at all, can not go through stop signs, red lights, ect, or break any other traffic rule of any kind.

Basically, we have lights that are worthless.

Dec 4, 2011
US NC
What I left out is that Chief's and Asst. Chiefs are allowed audible warning, and are classified as emergency vehicles. Stupid, isn't it?

justavillain

Mar 7, 2013
Grand Rapids
Like I said all or nothing the wishy-washy ways seem foolish.

Granted like I said our station 2 is rural and I don't run code in the Med squad half the time because everyone on the road is already going 10 over.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 4, 2011
US NC
I'm guilty of pushing the speed limit a touch depending on the call, as I'm sure all volley's are. But it is dangerous. We get a lot of idiots that through lights on their car and think that they own the road. It's amazing we haven't had a crash yet.

jmccarthy

Nov 9, 2013
ne ohio
Seconded on the spouse hating them my girlfriend dosent see the point everytime I bring one home shes like why do you need another light (insert naggy woman voice) lol

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monsuarre

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.