Carlos SpicyWeiner's STILL Never-Ending Comment Contest

Turd Ferguson

Jul 3, 2011
Sumner, Wa
I think it operates on UTC, or GMT depending on your preferred nomenclature.

Reactions: GPC

GPC

Oct 17, 2010
North Carolina
Being in heavy haul can suck sometimes. Just set out 50 + 8x8 oak timbers to walk a crane onto a beam trailer.

Reactions: Turd Ferguson

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
The clock here is off, or this board is based somewhere in the Atlantic.
go in your profile and adjust the GMT to -5 if you are EST.

if you are CST its -6 unless it DST then it would be -5 until NDST or ST returns...

just FYI GMT means Greenwich Mean Time which some person decided was the national standard of time in greenwhereevethehellitis time

oh and...

Excuse me, sir. Seeing as how the VP is such a VIP, shouldn't we keep the PC on the QT? 'Cause if it leaks to the VC he could end up MIA, and then we'd all be put on KP.

yea for abbreviations  

Reactions: TritonBoulder47

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
This topic needs an occasionally unexpected leak of an unreleased product that is then redacted minutes later.  That would really balance out the wacky with the exciting here.  I'll start

intimidator2015.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
more light dispersion

justavillain

Mar 7, 2013
Grand Rapids
at the POC department I worked a shift and our twp office got an invoice for 2 ATVs and a trailer that we actually got on a grant. So the twp clerk called our Chief and wanted to know why we got it.

Well here's what happened.... We wrote a grant request for 14k to Firehouse subs(the restaurant chain) under their public safety grant system. We actually have one in the Township and we got it! 2 polaris 325 4x4 ATVs and a trailer all for a total of 0 dollars from the Township.

Well Firehouse subs gave the dealer a PO# and is paying the dealer direct. They called us and said "pick up the stuff it's all set" but the dealer wasn't actually paid yet but having the po# they felt ok giving them up.

So that brings us to today.... We got the invoice the manager there personally sent the invoice to Firehouse subs but because the office has our info as the owners and no pay from the Township they sent an invoice.

Well the Chief left the office to go pick up some uniform items and I called the dealer got the straight answer that it was an accident. So seeing an opportunity to play a joke I called the Chief and one of the Capt's and I told him that we needed to either pay for the ATVs now or return them asap as Firehouse Subs rejected the payment. And we lead him on and on. Well he kept saying this is f'd up a bunch and I told him "Chief you know what's even more f'd up.... I'm messing with you it was a front office mistake we're fine"

The ATV's in question....

ai27.photobucket.com_albums_c197_marknawara_20150203_124406_zps0bduqov1.jpg

Reactions: Retired1

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
I've thought about doing one of those grants for my county's rescue squad.... Was it hard to do?

justavillain

Mar 7, 2013
Grand Rapids
I needed to set the event.

A tl;dr was we got a bill for a free set of quads. Played a joke on the Chief saying that we need to return then

I typed it on my phone so that doesn't help with the Grammer when auto correct changes words I know are right

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Heck, I didn't even make it past the improper version of "to"...
He was just saving space because he knew I only read so many letters.  That extra "o" might have made the difference. 

Reactions: GPC and tsquale

justavillain

Mar 7, 2013
Grand Rapids
My wife got called in for work this time so it's just the dog and I today.

Yesterday I installed the new garage door opener with myq so I can open it or close it at whim with my phone. That's not the only reason I went with the new opener 3/4hp upgrade helps a lot with a metal insulated door.

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
The Coast Guard station here in Coast Guard City, USA (Grand Haven, MI) was attacked today. A lone man drove his truck through the gate and assulted some personnel. Everyone survived, suspect is in custody. He claimed to have bombs in his truck. He apparently lived in a nearby county and burned his home down prior to this attack. Act of domestic terrorism, not considered to be part of a larger ordeal at this point.

The town is VERY quiet, and very elderly. The crime rate is very low, with about 2-3 murders in the last 15-20 years. Not surprised it was a wacko from out of town.

http://www.wzzm13.com/story/news/local/2015/02/08/grand-haven-dept-of-public-safety-investigating-incident-on-harbor-dr-near-howard/23075229/

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
I was shocked to see that post in the news outside of the festival!

I've been by his retro gas station house too it was by Silver Lake, mi

Just proves it can happen anywhere
I thought that place looked familiar! Its just a bit north of Silver, right?

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
Yeah It was next to the building in the picture after the fire that I saw

justavillain

Mar 7, 2013
Grand Rapids
Sorry I missed it among the comments about how long it was.

I did not do the paper work I was the man on the ground securing the paper work and what have you.

What Chief said though was it is a lot simpler than an AFG grant. And is a lot shorter than the AFG grants. But it did need a lot of the same financial numbers.

We believe why we got it was our twp added always 7k(almost half the value) for extra tech rescue equipment and class funding for it that we didn't have prior.

It seems to have been made for people who are not professional grant writers. So if you have a firehouse subs in 50 mils then might as well. Iirc their limit is like 20k

The biggest reason they deny the grants request is failing to supply the proper paperwork

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
ok that's good to know... ive been meaning to look into it again. last I looked it was 25k and you had to be within like a 20 mile radius to a store... our closest store is 27 "road miles" but as the crow flies it might be 20...

ill investigate further. thanks for the answer

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StormChase85

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.