Carlos SpicyWeiner's STILL Never-Ending Comment Contest

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
im going to keep watching you tube, browsing this site, playing online games all while making barely over minimum wage.... until 6pm.
go work at McDonalds, a magical land where all your dreams come true and you can make $30/hour :bonk:

AJ3814

Mar 13, 2015
Central Louisiana
go work at McDonalds, a magical land where all your dreams come true and you can make $30/hour :bonk:
Believe it or not, there are those that do, in North Dakota. One sheriff's office I applied with in far eastern Montana had a starting salary of $59,000 a year. But I was passed up for a 20 year old with neck tattoos and someone with only 2 years experience and a domestic background..... but they were from there originally .... go figure.

Reactions: tsquale

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
to get on our PD here you have to be screwin a sgts daughter....kiss more ass than youd ever want to, or have some good dirt on somebody.

ive done my fast food time... never do it again.

this is my now "part time job" my other job pays more, has better benefits and its a state job.

justavillain

Mar 7, 2013
Grand Rapids
And us als providers do bls too. But in the eyes of insurance als or nothing prehospital

Actually the basics just started being able to take priority 3 patients to the hospital. So it has helped with the work load on the als providers.

Prior to that it was just lift assists and transfers. And some debate on bls ama

Last edited by a moderator:

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
And us als providers do bls too. But in the eyes of insurance als or nothing prehospital

Actually the basics just started being able to take priority 3 patients to the hospital. So it has helped with the work load on the als providers.

Prior to that it was just lift assists and transfers. And some debate on bls ama
:popcorn:

i like this planet you live on, where medics do real work and martini's flow from fountains. i simply must travel there some time, in a galaxy fart fart away....

all seriousness, BLS here roll solo quite often, and us lil "basics" do quite a bit. aint it funny how these things can vary so much based on where you are on the map

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
fake edit and sidenote, im not knocking medics, nor what they do (or dont do :p ) im seriously intrigued by the differences between locals.

wanted to make that clear, lest some rogue site owner "accidentally" delete my account :haha:

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
Checking back in...  Got a good ammount of stuff done this weekend...  Got my new Tablet delivered, and installed (loosely for now until I devise a more permanent mount), MOPAR Performance CAI installed (god damn I've missed that WOT CAI Sound... lol), and I got 1 of my 12s in and running...  I didn't have enough time to build the custom enclosure/equipment rack before I leave for vacation on the 13th, so I just ran to Best Buy and picked up a ported enclosure (Since they didn't have any sealed ones) to run for now...  I still have to do some tuning, but its nice to have more bump again...  

received_10153574123716098_zpsnpmmlznb.JPEG

received_10153574123676098_zpsdufcccpf.JPEG

received_10153574793536098_zpsufjye8sw.JPEG

No pics of the box, cause it looks like hell...  LoL  It's literally just thrown in the back for now...  lol

DaveCN5

May 22, 2010
South East Michigan
to get on our PD here you have to be screwin a sgts daughter....kiss more ass than youd ever want to, or have some good dirt on somebody.

ive done my fast food time... never do it again.

this is my now "part time job" my other job pays more, has better benefits and its a state job.
Our dispatch center is hiring if you're willing to relocate to Michigan. Haha. Most of them are making $60K with some making $100K+.

crt6mrt-265

May 23, 2010
Central NJ
good morning to everyone!!!

Wait dispatchers starting at $60K????? Brand new nurses make that!! lol

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
i think i need to move to Michigan, lol

catchin some zzz's, work the night bus this week

ai1325.photobucket.com_albums_u626_aphoenixrising13_0C5D44B7_71f98c2f89f58daab9cd4812f861ed6da.jpg

AJ3814

Mar 13, 2015
Central Louisiana

Retired1

Jun 1, 2010
Woodward County, OK
That is a LOT of gunfire.

Ironic that the gunfire erupts as the new chief is giving an interview to the news media.

As an aside, it appears to me that the St. Louis County police chief never faced the criticism that befell the Ferguson chief. 

Reactions: AJ3814
May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
Checking back in for 12...  Counting down the hours until vacation...  lol  Currently sitting at 63-ish hours before we leave...  lol

crt6mrt-265

May 23, 2010
Central NJ
:tequila:   :Banghead:   :tequila:   :Banghead:   :tequila:   :Banghead:   :tequila:   :Banghead:   :tequila:   :Banghead:  
Lager%20Louts.gif

Lager%20Louts.gif
  :explode:   :Zzzz:

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
busy day today just now getting on elb

AJ3814

Mar 13, 2015
Central Louisiana
It's raining here so it's time to catch up on reports.

crt6mrt-265

May 23, 2010
Central NJ
is it just me or does it seem to be the same people commenting and posting throughout the forum lately? it shows a tone of people signed on, but I see the same names all the time with posts and comments ( and not just this topic lol)

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
theres a thread for that

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
is it just me or does it seem to be the same people commenting and posting throughout the forum lately? it shows a tone of people signed on, but I see the same names all the time with posts and comments ( and not just this topic lol)
thats pretty much the norm; you have your base "everyday" poster, your weekly posters, and your time to time posters: the majority are none or classified only posters

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
thats pretty much the norm; you have your base "everyday" poster, your weekly posters, and your time to time posters: the majority are none or classified only posters
Basically you have bored dispatchers and retired collectors (everyday and weekly posters) then you have folks that actually are doing things in life... :crackup:

Oh I kid I kid. But I usually am on here my entire dispatch shift, especially overnights.

Reactions: AJ3814

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
Basically you have bored dispatchers and retired collectors (everyday and weekly posters) then you have folks that actually are doing things in life... :crackup:

Oh I kid I kid. But I usually am on here my entire dispatch shift, especially overnights.
how dareth thou speaketh the "B" word

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeaustin924

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.