Carlos SpicyWeiner's STILL Never-Ending Comment Contest

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
because its gubment...

i spent 2 hours yesterday studying an online course and having to take a test on something that has NOTHING to do with my job...

busy day today at work... washed a van that hasnt been cleaned in YEARS, but because its being used tommorow for a golf tournament fundraiser it had to be....

crt6mrt-265

May 23, 2010
Central NJ
If he/she was running hot, the dashcam should be able to prove the "failure to operate with due regard for the safety of others".

that is what I am thinking, but is it really worth it to pursue when I have a $500 deductible to pay and then my insurance covers everything else. By the time and effort and fees to fight it all...

Reactions: AJ3814

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
9 today and tomorrow on the ambulance, spatch this weekend. Just finished the truck check and validated why I do it religiously as I get in to work. Two empty O2 tanks, missing portable, and expired meds...

I get the missing portable, and maybe the expired meds if they aren't used much, but 2 empty O2 bottles....wow.

Off today myself.  Was finally able to do an install on another depts. engine (Oscilaer to LED upfit) that I've been planning for a few weeks.  Didn't charge'em labor as it was coming out of their own pockets...scored a T shirt out of the deal though....

AJ3814

Mar 13, 2015
Central Louisiana
that is what I am thinking, but is it really worth it to pursue when I have a $500 deductible to pay and then my insurance covers everything else. By the time and effort and fees to fight it all...

That's what I'm saying.... if you weren't at fault and they really were operating without due caution, then you shouldn't have to pay anything..... the department should pay everything. Depends on how bad you want to pursue the issue.

justavillain

Mar 7, 2013
Grand Rapids
Ran my ass off today. My 14hr shift was turned into 16 because of a late call and a ton of paperwork for runs..... At 6pm I was finishing reports from 10am.

We have people to check out our trucks and I catch stuff all the time. 2 or 3 trauma packs instead of 4. Main line o2 low (and even empty) fuel, monitor stuff.

Very few of our units get expired meds the rest use their 5 bag 3-8 times a day so they're rotated a lot at the hospital.

AJ3814

Mar 13, 2015
Central Louisiana
Well my day went about the same.... of sorts...... responded to a head on collision last night and while on scene the fire chief came up to me and notified me that if I respond as a police officer running all blue is fine..... but if I respond as a FF/first responder I have to run red as well....... SOOOOOO...... now I have to redo everything to R/B instead of B/B. I'm so happy I could sh*t. This is going to be a nightmare.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
ai5.walmartimages.com_dfw_dce07b8c_b959_k2__8931dc23_1c2d_48b2_8da2_2e018ef41e58.v1.jpg

so this week at the old job, the LT retired due to her husband's health deteriorating, another guard quit to be closer to home and another quit to go work for 5 dollars more an hour.... 

i wonder if corporate has gotten the hint yet....

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
Checking back in for the week...  

Did an oil change and headlight bulb replacement on the Durango...  If both my CN sticks were functioning properly, I might have gotten them mounted...  I couldn't find my speaker bracket, so I didn't get them mounted today...  Still waiting on time to get the SS Platinum installed...  I might run both the Platinum and the 4200, not sure yet...  lol  

crt6mrt-265

May 23, 2010
Central NJ
back for another week. GOing to get my truck into be fixed this week....... have to take my rear lights off so they don't mess them up... uggghhhh

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Spent most of today out on the K9 trial fields for the USPCA Nationals. Someone's gotta corral the dogs and handlers, lol.  Got to see team(s) from CT, NY, IL, IA, IN, MS, FL, and LA so far.  3 more days of trials to go. 

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
I have a feeling our boys will be doing well out there. 

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
I'm at a different area with different group tomorrow....which team should I look for??

Hoff

Aug 2, 2011
SW Ohio/US
Where's this at?

Hoff

Aug 2, 2011
SW Ohio/US
Oh. Yeah that's a little out of range to go see.

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
Checking in for 12...  Loving the cooler weather lately...  Now if I could just get some time to work on my Durango a little more...  I gotta make some wiring adapters for my Cannon Marker light swap eventually...  

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
^^Phone malfunction ^^ 

I'll keep an eye out for Lakeland. And I watched that vid the other day. Very cool. 

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
back at the college...

mowed 2 yards yesterday then went to my home county, county's fair. me and the GF rode a few rides then went to ocharleys.

tonight, going to a storm spotter class to represent the ema.

(im already "certified")

Turd Ferguson

Jul 3, 2011
Sumner, Wa
Sweet. Good luck going forward.

Reactions: crt6mrt-265

crt6mrt-265

May 23, 2010
Central NJ
thanks guys!! I moved up the ladder at my current job, and awaiting a per diem ED position, then build the credentials o MICN and do ALS!!

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Round 2 of K9 trials over today.  Teams from AL, FL, MN and WI. Lakeland FL scored big at article search as did St Paul and Rochester MN. 

Reactions: tsquale

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
yes, in korea its 11pm 

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
just got done washing and detailing 2 ford 350, and a dodge caravan passenger van, and helping washing our couriers ford transit cargo van...

apparently we get "t-asked" to drive vans for "field trips"  ill be driving a van to nashville to our performing arts theatre with a van full of college chicks, my ticket and meal are covered but i dont get payed... so sounds fun.. :2thumbs:

Last edited by a moderator:

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
just got done washing and detailing 2 ford 350, and a dodge caravan passenger van, and helping washing our couriers ford transit cargo van...

apparently we get "t-asked" to drive vans for "field trips"  ill be driving a van to nashville to our performing arts theatre with a van full of college chicks, my ticket and meal are covered but i dont get payed... so sounds fun.. :2thumbs:

"Breaking News: Van full of college girls goes missing, all passengers presumed drugged/abused. Van seen stopping at several fast food restaurants between Shelbyville and Nashville"

Reactions: tsquale

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
WOOT! Some of the best right there. Great group of dogs and handlers. They just got a couple new dogs (still puppies) as well. Here is their FB: https://www.facebook.com/RochesterMNPoliceK9?fref=ts

Yeah the one Rochester guy has only had his dog since April.  Dog is 6 yo and he is 3rd handler for it.  Did real good.  Group 1 (Lakeland PD/North Port/Highlands CO FL, St. Paul/Rochester MN, CT, AL, and IN form what I saw) finished up today.  Group 2 finishes tomorrow.20150922_090444.jpg

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Lakeland should do well.. they've had a national champion once or twice lol

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StormChase85

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.