Chicago Question.

EMT

May 22, 2010
NYC, NY
I've looked it up and figured it would just be quicker to ask the experts. . .

Does anyone know the make/model (I am pretty sure it's Code3 and a custom model) of lightbar used by Chicago Fire ambulances and Police vehicles?

It's an absolutely gorgeous bar and I always try and get a glimpse when they cruise by.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks all. :p

yes that is a code 3 it was one of the first led bars the code 3 came out with it came out back in 2006 or 2007. LAFD also uses this lightbar.

DEPUTYSTEPHENSON said:
CPD just uses Whelen Edge strobe bars and Code 3 2100 (optics) bars I believe.

They have been phasing out their strobe bars.... I very seldom see them anymore (unless I am on the south side :roll: )... I will be sure to take a good look next time I am in the city for an extended period of time. I think you're right on the 2100 optics bars.

Which week and where in town depends on the bar. At the airport, on LSD all different. They've been on a testing binge lately. They have not been using strobes in several years now.

I love the green LEDs on the CFD trucks. Wonder why they dont put it on the Amabulances as well they are CFD.

The XFR2300 is one of the most expensive lightbars that I've ever seen. When "Jimmy Diesel" was still in business, they installed the first one that I saw. The parts manager said that the bar sold for over $2800.00. It listed much higher. Good light output but I have a freedom on my ambulance that out shines anything that I've seen in service around here.

John

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efoote381