Collection relocation time.

JennyCop

Jan 19, 2012
Sunny Arizona
wow! just wow! :hail: There's a reason your the Boss man! Amazing collection John, lots and lots of beautiful pieces! :thumbsup:

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
The lightbars are all moved.... the beacons remain for tomorrow....then comes the brackets and shelves..

room1.jpg

room2.jpg

room3.jpg

room4.jpg

room5.jpg

room5a.jpg

room6.jpg

room7.jpg

room8.jpg

room9.jpg

room10.jpg

room11.jpg

room12.jpg

room14.jpg

room15.jpg

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
PinballCharlie said:
Love that Code 3 Triple Threat and of course those Whelen 99 series beacons!!!

The entire display is whelen.. except my "ambulance set" of XLs... that and shipping this beast.... maybe it's the 3 stingers I like so much...

Jesse Volanti

Sep 27, 2011
USA California
If you had the time or money I would put this collection in some glass cases and tag them year date & serial number of the manufacture. Just so dust and other people out there will see your collection. If you go with shelving than use heavy duty shelves that can handle the weight. there is nothing worse than having your collection fall. Where every you put your collection keep them safe. :)

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Jesse Volanti said:
If you had the time or money I would put this collection in some glass cases and tag them year date & serial number of the manufacture. Just so dust and other people out there will see your collection. If you go with shelving than use heavy duty shelves that can handle the weight. there is nothing worse than having your collection fall. Where every you put your collection keep them safe. :)

The current shelves are heavy duty, I just have to take them off the walls where they are now, patch the holes and remount them in their new spots...... which is drywall on top of cinder block..... yay

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Everything that's going in the display is now down there. Here are some new pics and a vid. Now to start mounting the brackets.

rooma.jpg

roomb.jpg

roomc.jpg

roome.jpg

roomd.jpg

roomf.jpg

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
Outstanding collection :thumbsup:

I hope everything is unscathed so far..! :cool:

Mustang302

Nov 26, 2011
Waterbury, CT
John, you have some awesome 8000`s and 5200`s..I love that 52 inch 8000 with the red and clear..thats so awesome..I have the 8000 fever too..I hope to get a 52 inch 8000 soon..awesome collection:D I still need a 5200pa...lookin:confused:

Wigwam700

May 25, 2011
New York Adirondacks US
JazzDad said:
And to make sure they don't help themselves to samples, there will be the mandatory cavity search afterward.

To that I just say Holy Crap!! :D

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
John: In the picture that shows all the RotaBeams,etc., on the floor, there's a big red single faced light. What is it? I'm still looking for a Federal FS3 single faced light. Wouldn't mind one of the free-standing SolaRays if you ever part with one. There's a fellow not too far from you in Sandusky who sold his entire siren collection to a fire museum in MI a few months back. I think you must be trying to compete with Dan on the Whelen stuff! :yes:

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Skip Goulet said:
John: In the picture that shows all the RotaBeams,etc., on the floor, there's a big red single faced light. :yes:

That's a whelen 994 on a pedestal tipped forward so you see only the top of the dome. Around 0:30 in the video you can see it better. It looks funny from the top down like that.

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
JohnMarcson said:
That's a whelen 994 on a pedestal tipped forward so you see only the top of the dome. Around 0:30 in the video you can see it better. It looks funny from the top down like that.

Wow! You sure could've fooled me with that one. Still quite a collection!

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
I don't think you've got enough power outlets to handle all of them to light 'em up with.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Skip Goulet said:
John: In the picture that shows all the RotaBeams,etc., on the floor, there's a big red single faced light. What is it? I'm still looking for a Federal FS3 single faced light. Wouldn't mind one of the free-standing SolaRays if you ever part with one. There's a fellow not too far from you in Sandusky who sold his entire siren collection to a fire museum in MI a few months back. I think you must be trying to compete with Dan on the Whelen stuff! :yes:

My 6v propelloray is for sale here

Enthusify Marketplace

dmathieu

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
S.W. New Hampshire, USA
Skip Goulet said:
I might have more ROTA-BEAMS, but he kills me on Whelen overall!!

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
dmathieu said:
I might have more ROTA-BEAMS, but he kills me on Whelen overall!!

Yeah, I got nothing on you for completeness or rota-beams... You should buy the rest of my rota-beams so I can stop looking like I am trying to keep up.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
My Xmas present, cash.. which turned into two new to me OSC bars. I now have three bars total, two loaded and one basic (blue one). I need to finish getting the lenses together for the top one still.

IMG_20121225_145244_516.jpg

JennyCop

Jan 19, 2012
Sunny Arizona
JohnMarcson said:
My Xmas present, cash.. which turned into two new to me OSC bars. I now have three bars total, two loaded and one basic (blue one). I need to finish getting the lenses together for the top one still.
Very nice bars John, whats the lense configuration plan for the top one?

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Here's are the advantedges.... I'm considering which wall they will occupy.

advgrp.jpg

advgrp2.jpg

toon80

May 24, 2010
Laval, Canada
Do you have more pics of your display room? I have seen the ones one the first page.

I would put the longer bars and shorter Advantedges under the window line. Then, the regular length bars could go beside the window and beside the fireplace.

With all the time you take on that display project, it can only turn out great. :thumbsup:

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Here is the floor plan, the blueprint and a 360 panorama. The measurements are of usable space rounded down to the inch. I realize the measurements don't quite add up, that's because it's usable space. There are two doors and one full sized window, plus various panels and architectural elements.

floor.jpg

bp.jpg

360.jpg

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
JohnMarcson said:
Here is the floor plan, the blueprint and a 360 panorama. The measurements are of usable space rounded down to the inch. I realize the measurements don't quite add up, that's because it's usable space. There are two doors and one full sized window, plus various panels and architectural elements.

Once you get this all built, John, are you going to wire the place where the bars can be displayed working??

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Skip Goulet said:
Once you get this all built, John, are you going to wire the place where the bars can be displayed working??

Probably a few key ones or a few key spots will be prewired. The rest of the collection is too prone to being moved.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Still moving and deciding what goes where in my light room. Here are some more advatedge pics to tide you all over.

adv1.jpg

adv4.jpg

adv2.jpg

adv3.jpg

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
JohnMarcson said:
Still moving and deciding what goes where in my light room. Here are some more advatedge pics to tide you all over.

One of these days I'm just gonna have to make it back up to Ohio just to see all of this for real. Only been up your way once, and that was in 1999, and at night, except for a stop at CW Coach in Cincinnati.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Skip Goulet said:
One of these days I'm just gonna have to make it back up to Ohio just to see all of this for real. Only been up your way once, and that was in 1999, and at night, except for a stop at CW Coach in Cincinnati.

Too bad Superior CW is long gone. I worked in Lima and the area off and on a long while ago.

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
JohnMarcson said:
Too bad Superior CW is long gone. I worked in Lima and the area off and on a long while ago.

I think that the co. that bought M-M and others is still building under the Superior name. Just not the same as the old Superior Coach of Lima. CW in Cincinnati is a used coach dealer that's been there for many years. Owned by PCS member Carl Woerner. When PCS had its national meet in Lancaster,PA in 1999, I flew up to Chicago and took a shuttle down to Merrillville, IN, where I then rode with Tim Fantin to Lancaster (quite a trip). One of the perks was spending about 5 hrs in Cincinnati at Carl's place. And it was my first trip through the Midwest. I would've enjoyed the Ohio leg much more if so much of it hadn't been at night.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
So I have come to the realization that there are too many items for this room. I am selling off the traffic clearing, rotabeam portion and thinning the others. Watch for items appearing in the classifieds. If I ever promised you dibs on an item, PM me now.

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
JohnMarcson said:
So I have come to the realization that there are too many items for this room. I am selling off the traffic clearing, rotabeam portion and thinning the others. Watch for items appearing in the classifieds. If I ever promised you dibs on an item, PM me now.

We'll be waiting to see them!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woobatu

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.