Command Post Interior Red Lighting

tuckerm

Established Member
Anyone have any suggestions on interior red lighting for a command post? I need something that won't cause RF Interference to radios.

Jarred J.

Archive Expert
Silver Supporter
how much you need? wouldnt a few sound off "cop car" lights work? that way you have red and white?

OP
OP
tuckerm

tuckerm

Established Member
Those aren't the brightest but if I had to, we would probably need four of those. I have two dispatch positions I'd need to light up. We have white lights in there but they're obnoxious at night.

I was gonna go and get some LED red rocker puddle lights but I'm concerned about RFI. We have 8 VHF radios, 2 800mhz, and 1 UHF in there with two future repeaters. I don't want interference by having them on.

FusionWolf

Check out the whelen 3in round compartment lights. They're pretty decent output and you can get them in solid white, solid red or a split red and white.
If you need alot of red light and depending on where your mounting them I've done a pair of red whelen Vertexs in the hatch of a fire command vehicle at the chief's request. That threw a TON of light and had a really good spread.

Phillyrube

How about a couple Federal stalk lights? They have a dimmer and a red lens if wanted. I like the dim white vs red. We had a couple mounted in the back of a command SUV.

Sparky_911

Gold Supporter
If you have existing fixtures you could always swap the bulbs....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Unanswered questions
Members
Latest member
silent700
Top Bottom