Core gunlock countdown lights

t24t1000

Feb 5, 2022
Fort Worth
Has anyone been able to program the top row of the Whelen CCTL7 control head as a countdown with the button backlighting? I see Whelens way of using the TA lights but looking to use the top row. I’ve seen it done on a video on YouTube.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Has anyone been able to program the top row of the Whelen CCTL7 control head as a countdown with the button backlighting? I see Whelens way of using the TA lights but looking to use the top row. I’ve seen it done on a video on YouTube.
You should be able to create a virtual input/event with the "when, and" commands and tie what ever feature to what ever portion of the controller you want. Is using the buttons as the visual countdown indicator the specific hang up? I will have to pull up the software, it should be possible...

t24t1000

Feb 5, 2022
Fort Worth
You should be able to create a virtual input/event with the "when, and" commands and tie what ever feature to what ever portion of the controller you want. Is using the buttons as the visual countdown indicator the specific hang up? I will have to pull up the software, it should be possible...
Thank you for the reply. Yes to your question though. I’m not able to figure out how to get the buttons as a countdown. I appreciate your help!

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Thank you for the reply. Yes to your question though. I’m not able to figure out how to get the buttons as a countdown. I appreciate your help!

This is a good question. Let me play around in the software a bit. I can usually make core do what I want with virtual inputs / events. I think if you follow the tutorial PDF I linked but substitute backlighting features of the switches for the TA indicators it should work. It is essentially all the same except you are using the backlight feature of each button instead of the TA indicator.

Last edited:

t24t1000

Feb 5, 2022
Fort Worth
This is a good question. Let me play around in the software a bit. I can usually make core do what I want with virtual inputs / events. I think if you follow the tutorial PDF I linked but substitute backlighting features of the switches for the TA indicators it should work. It is essentially all the same except you are using the backlight feature of each button instead of the TA indicator.

I’ll give that a try when I get to work this week. Thank you for your help

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
I’ll give that a try when I get to work this week. Thank you for your help

Let us know if it works, I'd be interested to utilize the light up buttons on mine more too.

NoLimitSquads

Feb 11, 2021
Minnesota

This^^ do it like the tutorial, but turn on your top row indicators instead of TA indicators.

Reactions: JohnMarcson

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkelly

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.