Dietz 7-11 addition!

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
Picked this up yesterday. Had to make a 300 mile round trip for it as well. In very good condition and I did okay on the price. Motor is date stamped 1979 and the dome is original! No crazing or clouding on the dome. Dome has some very light scuffs but nothing to complain about.

Previous owner claimed he purchased it new and had it sitting on his stereo for 30 plus years.

20171023_180550.jpg

20171023_180623.jpg

20171023_180747.jpg

Jun 18, 2013
PA
be careful with that dome.. super fragile!

Skulldigger

Aug 23, 2015
Georgia / USA
Great find, great beacon ! Does the serial number on the tag match the date on the motor? Should be 111579

cmb56

May 22, 2010
Norrköping, Sweden
The serial number should indicate that the name tag, was made in December 1977.
I have seen older dates on the name tags than on the motors, so I assume Dietz stamped the name tags in batches and used them up before they made a new batch.

The number 15 is on all name tags and do not mean anything, I guess.

The date of the American Bosch motor is older than the manufacturing date of the light because the batch of motors was naturally made before the light, so your light is made after that date.
My guess would be very late 1979 or early 1980.

Your light was made some months prior Dietz’s SAE reapproval in 1980 when they stopped using the name tag and only stamped the model number and approval number on the bezel.
The blue color of the lens become darker after the new approval.

Michael

Last edited:
Reactions: Skulldigger

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragnarok

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.