Does it bother anyone else when... (Part #2)

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
... an author or a for sale thread doesnt update the title...?

Say the title is: "Product A, Product B, Product C for sale or trade"

And I happen to be VERY interested in said "Product A", only to open the thread to see that "Product A" has already been sold weeks (if not months) prior...

It's not that hard to update the title people... Especially when you are updating the thread body, the title line is right there too...

And that is my rant for the moment... lol You may go back to your regular eLb browsing... lol

P.S. - Does it bother anyone else when... Part #1: http://elightbars.org/forums/f24/does-bother-anyone-else-when-22831/

Last edited by a moderator:

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
Yes, that aggravates me!

I try and update my listings and title as soon as any changes are made. People are courteous enough to look at the thread, so I can be courteous enough to update it lol

Reactions: tsquale

mcpd2025

May 20, 2010
Maryland, USA
Yea, or titles that read "lights for sale" or "lots of stuff"... I figured that much when you posted a for sale ad on eLightbars...

Is it LED, halogen, strobe??? dash, lightbar or grille??? colors???

Its almost as if some of them don't really want to sell any of it. This is a great forum and great tool for buying and selling, but only if it is used right.

Reactions: Chris W
May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
Flashguy said:
I've seen some good sellers change the title to ALL SOLD and lock it...twice today actually...maybe because of your rant!

If they are in fact "Good Sellers" I can assure you that my little rant wouldn't make them close their thread... lol

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
one of the site rules is......

"The content of posts should not be vastly different than the title implies."

...hit report post.... I'll edit it as long as you take the time to write out an explanation of the problem.... ie you put "bad title" I may ignore it.... put "post is titled dashmiser but is selling responder" I will get it edited.

Reactions: Chris W

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
does it bother anyone when people bother to make bothersome threads that dont incorporate bacon?

Reactions: Turd Ferguson

ryan81986

Apr 13, 2011
Boston, MA
I hate when sellers list every item that was ever for sale in that thread that is already sold. All that does is cause a bunch of useless threads to pop up when you search for something.

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
ryan81986 said:
I hate when sellers list every item that was ever for sale in that thread that is already sold. All that does is cause a bunch of useless threads to pop up when you search for something.

I believe you are supposed to do that for Feedback Tracking... What I personally do is move the item listing (minus all extra info and pics) to the bottom of my thread, make it the smallest size and put the user that bought it after it... But thats just me...

uniden278

Oct 10, 2011
Winthrop, MA
TritonBoulder47 said:
I believe you are supposed to do that for Feedback Tracking... What I personally do is move the item listing (minus all extra info and pics) to the bottom of my thread, make it the smallest size and put the user that bought it after it... But thats just me...

Also, you can delete the pictures and left the text descriptions of what's available. That way there is not confusion about what you are selling and what has already been sold.

LED

May 25, 2010
New England, MA
How about when you post a "wanted" ad for say a red mini bar, and people message you offering blue beacons or something completely different!?

Pete L.

May 21, 2010
Virginia (south/central)
How about........... These new DEALERS (with 8 posts and no actual contact with the membership)

trying to sell their stuff to us ????

I'm sorry to be still old fashioned...........I want a kiss before you ........ :eek: .

-Pete

Reactions: JazzDad

emtanderson51

Apr 9, 2011
USA Massachusetts
Thanks for all the good info folks....I will be incorporating it into my FS threads in the future!! You da man Timmayyyyy....

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
emtanderson51 said:
You da man Timmayyyyy....

I try...

I mean, I don't expect someone to list every item in their title, but when the something listed in the title sells, change the damn title... lol

The funniest part about this whole thread: The thread that cause my rant to begin with just changed the title yesterday when asked about the very item that I was interested in... lol :duh:

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
AHHH!!!!! Why don't people edit their G-D thread titles!!! :hissyfit: It seems like everytime I see something I'm interested in, I go into the thread, only to find it sold, but still listed in the thread title... :mad:

triton911bj

May 24, 2010
Springville, PA
TritonBoulder47 said:
AHHH!!!!! Why don't people edit their G-D thread titles!!! :hissyfit: It seems like everytime I see something I'm interested in, I go into the thread, only to find it sold, but still listed in the thread title... :mad:

2 fingers to center of breat bone..."listen here fucko" lol

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
Or they think this is like ebay and don't show pictures ,won't say what color, or and I mean BIG OR must show proof of LEO ,FIre,or EMS before they sell it to you.

bluestinger90

Jun 5, 2010
BC / California
fire1 said:
What bothers me is, you ask questions, & get no reply, or they say best offer, & you get no reply.

Yes! There is a option when sending a private message to include a "confirmed private message receipt". When the message recipient reads the message, the sender is notified. That means buyers can see sellers ignoring them.

I can fully understand not being able to reply immediately. People are busy. But 2 weeks later? Or 10 private messages, and 3 months later? And they can't reply with a simple no, or make a counter offer to my inquiries? I don't low ball, and I'm always courteous.

Here's one, View Profile: NCFD43 - eLightbars.org, and the other, View Profile: LLS - eLightbars.org

The first can't make a counter offer because their is something lodged in a location somewhere, and the second complains about having money issues, yet cannot be bothered to follow through with private messages and SELL anything he has for sale.

These two folks are classy individuals. Thankfully 98% of my other transactions have been SMOOTH. A big thank you to those who actually sell what they put up for sale.

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
Big agreement here.

Also when someone wants something .

You ask if they would condider something different you sent it to the in a PM and you don't here from them for days and others have also sent PM's and you wonder if the person is even looking at their PM's at all.

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
Resently sent out 3 PMs to members looking for something and it's been at least a week with now reply.

I you're going to post a wanted ad at least have the common decentcy to answer one way or another on a PM.

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
chief1565 said:
Resently sent out 3 PMs to members looking for something and it's been at least a week with now reply.
I you're going to post a wanted ad at least have the common decentcy to answer one way or another on a PM.

Sounds like a candidate for "Does it bother anyone else when... (Part #3)"... lol

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
TritonBoulder47 said:
Sounds like a candidate for "Does it bother anyone else when... (Part #3)"... lol

And the next inductee is ........

Turd Ferguson

Jul 3, 2011
Sumner, Wa
How about when you post a "wanted" ad for say a red mini bar, and people message you offering blue beacons or something completely different!?

Like this?

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
I like when you post that you have a John Deere model 525 for sale, and someone asks...

Oh, wait.  Wrong forum.

Reactions: TritonBoulder47

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Updating a thread is pointless unless you go through and edit every post.  I get people reading through the entire thread and seeing stuff i sold a year ago because they saw it in a post after the first page and before the last page lol. 

I update the first three post on my thread with all of my equipment currently available.  

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
To me, the only things you need to edit, is the Title (if you have specific item listed in the title) and the initial body of the post (ie:  the first 1-3 posts for people that do multiple page lists...) Marking items as sold and or making sure you move your sold items to the bottom or to a designated sold area...    

It just annoys me when I see a title with something specific listed and I open the thread and see that its sold...  lol

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caldwell205

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.