dominator questions

dbfd588

Jul 7, 2010
i have a hardwire d4 dominator. just wondered if its weatherproof for outside mounting. also wondered if it will sync with 400 series light heads

WOW. Just wired it up with 2 400's and they did sync. that looks pretty sweet. never knew it was possible. any ideas as to whether or not the d4 is weather proof?

I know our SO has them on the front of all their push bumpers and seem to do ok. The only one I have seen that doesn't work is a on a Sgt's car that's prob 5 or 6 years old. They have b/w/w/r and hers will flash red normal, no blue most of the time, and dim white, but she's not the type that really cares about the lights so IDK if she just doesn't want to get it fixed or if it's a problem with something other than the light itself.

Domintors are interior/exterior mount. All it is are TIR3 heads mounted in a metal bar with plastic hangers, and instead of having internal flashers they have a common external flasher which is fully encapsulated.

yup, as mentioned above, they are made for exterior mounting (hence the rugged housing) and a few of the rigs i drive have the dominators exterior-mounted.

dbfd588, can u post a vid of the dominator synced with the 400's? i don't have anything synced with the D6 i have in my POV, but i've always been curious how it'd look if i connected something to the sync wire

i just sold them but they looked sweet synced up. They worked on alternating patterns. to bad the 400s dont have the weird wobble pattern like the dominator. that would be sweet

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efoote381