dominator questions

dbfd588

Jul 7, 2010
i have a hardwire d4 dominator. just wondered if its weatherproof for outside mounting. also wondered if it will sync with 400 series light heads

dbfd588

Jul 7, 2010
WOW. Just wired it up with 2 400's and they did sync. that looks pretty sweet. never knew it was possible. any ideas as to whether or not the d4 is weather proof?

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
I know our SO has them on the front of all their push bumpers and seem to do ok. The only one I have seen that doesn't work is a on a Sgt's car that's prob 5 or 6 years old. They have b/w/w/r and hers will flash red normal, no blue most of the time, and dim white, but she's not the type that really cares about the lights so IDK if she just doesn't want to get it fixed or if it's a problem with something other than the light itself.

bigcat

May 20, 2010
Hartford County, CT
Domintors are interior/exterior mount. All it is are TIR3 heads mounted in a metal bar with plastic hangers, and instead of having internal flashers they have a common external flasher which is fully encapsulated.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
yup, as mentioned above, they are made for exterior mounting (hence the rugged housing) and a few of the rigs i drive have the dominators exterior-mounted.

dbfd588, can u post a vid of the dominator synced with the 400's? i don't have anything synced with the D6 i have in my POV, but i've always been curious how it'd look if i connected something to the sync wire

dbfd588

Jul 7, 2010
i just sold them but they looked sweet synced up. They worked on alternating patterns. to bad the 400s dont have the weird wobble pattern like the dominator. that would be sweet

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.