Ecto 1 Rebuild

Phillyrube

I have a love hate relationship with this car. Love the lights, hate how many classic coaches have been butchered.

Be that as it may, found a YouTube of the original ecto1 being restored. Lights are correct , except they are using a painted red lens on the model 19, steady on.

Original:

Restoration. The C5G has never been used, at .east I've never heard it in any videos:

OP
OP
Phillyrube

Phillyrube

Ok, here's another recreation. What kind of siren is this? Looks like a frankenmonster model 66 or something.ecto.jpg

Dave F

Support Staff
when i saw the vid was 15-16 min long i wasnt going to watch the whole thing, just FF to the final reveal

but the nerd in me started watching and well, i just couldnt help myself

they did an amazing job on her, must have been like stepping into (or sitting into ) a time machine for Akroyd. What a treat, thank you for posting this

CrownVic97

Veteran Member
Ok, I'm sorry to rain on the parade of the restoration team in the second video, but the front lightbar IS NOT CORRECT. The original Ecto-1 in the film had two blue 48" Force 4 XL lightbars, forward and rear, with the independent rotators, diamond mirrors, and custom mounting feet similar to the AeroDynic. The restored car has an incorrect 55" Code 3 XL sealed beam lightbar with incorrect mounting feet. I'm irritated that a movie car company that deals with this stuff every day couldn't have found a matching 48" Force 4 XL and made the custom mounting feet like they were in the movie! I mean, there's a private Ecto-1 owner who did a perfect screen accurate car and nailed ALL the details. When I see this restoration, I feel it was half-@$$ed just a bit...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Unanswered questions
Members
Latest member
crazycollector2020
Top Bottom