Ever Seen a Lime Green Ambulance?

firedude

Apr 6, 2011
NY
This bus belongs to Wilton EMS in Wilton, NY. Saw it on a scene of a MVA in Greenfield. To see more videos from the scene, check out my youtube channel. FYI, it's a hypothetical question. :bonk:

afarm8.staticflickr.com_7193_6893470525_596a94a731_z.jpg

afarm8.staticflickr.com_7197_6893466063_74093020da_z.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

NCICUSA

Jan 8, 2012
S. SHORE /LAKE ERIE/Oh
In the 1970's , Cleveland, Ohio Police Wagons and Fire Squads were forced by the mayor's office, to go to Lime Green on most vehicles.

The Fire had 4 squads, and police did a lot of meat wagon runs with Rambler Station Wagons, all lime green.

The gurneys barely fit into the Ramblers.

Cleveland Fire Chief ordered all new lime green vehicles to have Gold Leaf on their sides, to take away from the Limeness.

spike91

Jun 11, 2010
New York
I work for Maine Ambulance in upstate NY, the older rig has that green on it. They've sinced moved on to white and blue rigs. I'll try to find a picture somewhere.

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
theroofable said:
None of those look as green as the original one posted. Those look yellow to me.

Yeah man, I don't know what these people are smoking... Only the one in the OP is green.

Travelin Man

Jul 9, 2010
Central Virginia
nerdly_dood said:
Yeah man, I don't know what these people are smoking... Only the one in the OP is green.

I can assure you, the Henrico rig is lime green. Park it next to a Chesterfield yellow ambulance and there's no comparison. It might not be as green as the OP's, I'll conceed that...

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
Trucks are green ai155.photobucket.com_albums_s317_ryanlong1_LT8E8.jpg

squads are more yellow, but that's because they are in the sun a lot more ai155.photobucket.com_albums_s317_ryanlong1_NewS3.jpg

Klein

May 22, 2010
Texas
charlie82 said:
Austin Travis County is regarded as one of the best EMS systems in the USA, and the world. They are lime green:

That ambulance is more yellow than lime green.

Cypress Creek EMS was awarded Best Provider of the year at the Texas EMS conference in 2011. and the medical director was awarded Medical Director of The Year. w00t

jrfive0

Sep 19, 2011
NJ, USA
Apparently there's a lot of color blind people on this board....uh oh, could it be linked to staring at led's for too long? someone should do a study !!!! :haha:

Lightbarnut

Jun 9, 2010
Palatka, Florida.
This is the first time I've seen one. Wow it does look bad. But it's not the cab itself, as I can tell that it hasn't changed, but the hood looks like it is off of one of their heavier duty trucks. Definately looks mismatched.

PC Comms

May 30, 2010
Beautiful southern Georgia!
I remember the first time I saw green being used on any apparatus. I was a kid at the time and it was down in the Englishtown NJ area (Old Bridge Township, I believe). Being an NYC boy where EVERYTHING was either red or blue, it totally blew me away! lol

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
lafd55 said:
Oh God... A little off topic, but I hate the new International cabs with a passion, so freaking ugly!!
I didn't think it could get any worse than the current-gen Ford E-series and F250+ front end!

OH GOD KILL IT KILL IT

FireEMSPolice

May 21, 2010
Ohio
nerdly_dood said:
I didn't think it could get any worse than the current-gen Ford E-series and F250+ front end!

OH GOD KILL IT KILL IT

The Ford front end grew on me. I dont think its THAT bad. I liked the previous generation better

Bigassfireman

May 23, 2010
U. S. of A. Ohio
theroofable said:
None of those look as green as the original one posted. Those look yellow to me.
In my original post that wouldn't load, I made reference to that. Somehow it got left out when I re posted. :duh:

Also, if you've been around our area long enough, you may remember some of the older trucks had a more greenish tint to it.

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Travelin Man said:
Add Henrico County, VA to the list, they've got about 15 of 'em. ;-)

Dang it! Ya beat me to it. Yes, Henrico County Fire Department's ambulances are painted to match their apparatus. Volunteer groups and private ambulance companies choose their own paint schemes and that distinguishes them from the county owned units.

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA

Travelin Man

Jul 9, 2010
Central Virginia
lafd55 said:
Oh God... A little off topic, but I hate the new International cabs with a passion, so freaking ugly!!

That's the International replacement for the (sadly) now-discontinued GM 4500 and 5500 series chassis. It's a viable alternative for those who want something between the E450/F450 and full-size International 4300 series chassis.

Zoe

May 28, 2010
Deerfield MA
Travelin Man said:
That's the International replacement for the (sadly) now-discontinued GM 4500 and 5500 series chassis. It's a viable alternative for those who want something between the E450/F450 and full-size International 4300 series chassis.

They're awesome... and $20k less than the 4300 chassis.

It's going to be a great platform for ambulances.

rescue52

May 23, 2010
New York
There is a Squad here in NJ that runs lime green. I will post pic the next time I run a ALS call with them.

Marty1

May 29, 2010
Canada, Quebec, Alma
Heh, Paramedic, what can I say! Quebec regulation on ambulance base and colors was voted in march 1976, all ambulances should be van based, yellow colored with reflective blue letterings and stripes. That's why we dont have a lot of "pickup-front" ambulances in the province.

Funny fact, since the regulation passed in 1976, there was a lot of old ambulances running at that time so it was common before 1978-79 to see a Cadillac based ambulance ... yellow.

rescue52

May 23, 2010
New York
Got some pictures today. This is a Volunteer squad that runs out of western Monmouth County in Roosevelt N.J. This rig is Roosevelt 41-57

Roosevelt 41-57 (1).JPG

Roosevelt 41-57 (2).JPG

Roosevelt 41-57 (3).JPG

Roosevelt 41-57 (4).JPG

Roosevelt 41-57 (5).JPG

Roosevelt 41-57 (6).JPG

Roosevelt 41-57 (7).JPG

Roosevelt 41-57 (8).JPG

Roosevelt 41-57 (9).JPG

Roosevelt 41-57 (10).JPG

Roosevelt 41-57 (11).JPG

Roosevelt 41-57 (12).JPG

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
I love the Montreal rigs!! I was able to look through one down here in Albany where the crew stopped at a local mall on their way back home from doing a transport down here. I think Urgences-Sante is Demers biggest customer.

May 22, 2010
Central WV
I have to say I think I like the true fluorescent green color. It stands out a mile away and doesn't look chalky like the yellowish colors that most airport trucks are painted. I think the original post if my favorite of the sampling.

Have to say though, I find the new International chasis fugly. Rest of the truck looked good though lol.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragnarok

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.