Fed Sig Legend question. UPDATED

11b101abn

Jun 10, 2010
Georgia, United States
Here ya go:

Currently, in mode 1 ( pos 1 on slide switch), I have rear bar outer LED's only and rear hide-a-ways.

If I were to incorporate, say, the Warn 3 pattern onto that switch position, would Warn 3 still be the rear flash pattern on Modes 2 and 3?

I read the install manual and I wasn't able to find it.

UPDATE---- Finally got some time carved out and mucked about w/ the function wires. Apparently, once a warn pattern is activated, it will override any emergency pattern in the rear of the bar regradless of the mode the lighbar is in.

Example: If you activate Pattern 20, or whatever, and you activate the wire that controls warn 1, then warn 1 will override the emergency pattern through ALL of the warning modes. If you assign warn 2 to the second position on your slide switch, then it will over ride warn 1, and so on.

Clear as mud?

Last edited by a moderator:

Quentin

May 21, 2010
Lancaster, Nebraska
11b101abn said:
Here ya go:

Currently, in mode 1 ( pos 1 on slide switch), I have rear bar outer LED's only and rear hide-a-ways.

If I were to incorporate, say, the Warn 3 pattern onto that switch position, would Warn 3 still be the rear flash pattern on Modes 2 and 3?

So your wanting warn patten 3 from the T/A on mode 1 only or others too? And what are you using to control the bar?

J. Forbes

May 24, 2010
Houston
11b101abn said:
Here ya go:

The simple answer is yes. The signal master patterns do not override each other like the modes do. You can try mapping the warn3 to a push button on the controller only when slide one is on (if your controller is able).

What controller are you using?

11b101abn

Jun 10, 2010
Georgia, United States
J. Forbes said:
The simple answer is yes. The signal master patterns do not override each other like the modes do. You can try mapping the warn3 to a push button on the controller only when slide one is on (if your controller is able).
What controller are you using?

First and foremost, thanks to you both for replying.

Second, JF, So the warning patterns are not progressive, ie; 2 overrides 1, 4 overrides 3?

Second, the box is a simple 7 pos slide switch box. Code 3 I think. It's an older box I swiped from a wrecked unit a bit ago.

11b101abn

Jun 10, 2010
Georgia, United States
Quentin said:
So your wanting warn patten 3 from the T/A on mode 1 only or others too? And what are you using to control the bar?

Originally, I wanted to see if I could use different patterns depending on the slide switch position. Not looking good for that, I guess No biggie. It's still a great bar. Just wanted a weekend project.

Quentin

May 21, 2010
Lancaster, Nebraska
Mode 2 "blue/white" will override mode 1 "blue" and mode 3 "black/red" will override mode 2

Now if your talking about the TA pattern going from warn 1 to warn 3 with the slide switch. I don't know... May work.

I know if you had the smart siren it would work, but I prefer the flash patters in the mode vs. warn pattern

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htamboli

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.